Resource icon

CLR Browser Source Plugin [OBS Classic ONLY]

MissYijare

so i think the 64bit error at exit is this:
[0401/151956:ERROR: Proxy_service_factory.cc(103)] Cannot use V8 Proxy resolver in single process mode.

Knox283

it didn't ask for a password

Update: When streaming I get this

rJrVvz5.png

And it just loads continuously.

Last edited:

MyDopefish

Me and a friend are having a issue where the CLR Browser resets itself, defaulting the settings. We're using ImRaising Donation Live Bar, and intercepts the request to apply our own templates. It works fine aslong as we don't close down OBS, but next time we start it, every CLR Browser has been resetted =/

I'm using the 64-bit plugin with 64-bit OBS, while he's using the 32-bit plugin with 32-bit OBS. Both having the same problem.

EDIT:
After trying to reproduce the issue from scratch, it seems to be caused when having quotation marks in either the CSS or template.

Such as this line:
font-family:"Times New Roman";

Seems to be the same issue that's mentioned on page 8:
Re: CLR Browser Source Plugin (New 64bit version, needs test

I found a small bug with the latest version of CLR Browser (probably in the older versions too).
I'm not sure if you'll be able to fix this or not, but when using custom CSS, if you wrap a value in quotes ("x"), save and exit OBS and restart, it will clear out the plugin settings for that item. I have a feeling it can't interpret the settings file properly once you insert quotes.

I encountered this when trying to switch to a different font that included a space in the name.

Is there any plans for resolving this issue?

EDIT:
One workaround seems to be replacing every " with ' instead.

Last edited:

jeremy

So I just downloaded the 32 bit version and extracted files and what not because when I use the install it did absolutely nothing and the CLR Browser still doesn't show up when I go to add it under OBS. I downloaded the visual update as way. Any ideas? Would love to get this to work, great program it looks like!

ChrisHanel

Re: CLR Browser Source Plugin (New 64bit version, needs test

Can anyone help me with this problem I'm having. I have a stand-alone flash movie that I use as a dashboard (external to OBS) for some of the text that I have in the screen during streaming. It also reads from a text file Winamp is writing whenever it changes song, parses it and sends the data over a LocalConnection to another flash movie which I called Music Display. LocalConnection is basically a flash function that lets flash movies running on the same computer communicate with each other regardless whether the flash movie(s) are embedded or stand-alone.
So this is basically my pipeline:
  1. Winamp writes to text file "winamp.txt"
  2. Dashboard.swf reads this file and parses the data (Artist + Title, Album)
  3. Dashboard.swf sends parsed data through LocalConnection to MusicDisplay.swf
  4. MusicDisplay.swf puts the received data on screen using a small animation
Example: http://www.twitch.tv/yurlyn/b/491825945

Currently I have to run the MusicDisplay.swf as a stand-alone swf because LocalConnection does not seem to work when I embed it into the CLR Browser. In order to get transparency I use a yellow background in the MusicDisplay.swf and chroma key that out with OBS' window capture. Does anyone have any idea how to get LocalConnection to work with CLR embedded flash movies?
I'd rather not make separate stand-alone flash movies or one big one for the rest of the overlays I'm working on. My second screen is quite cluttered as it is while I'm streaming (OBS, TeamSpeak, Dashboard.swf, MusicDisplay.swf, Twitch Chat, a GC window with tabs for OBS Remote, Skype, Steam, etc.).

This is from four pages ago, but it's been getting ignored and I'm having the same problem. I have two SWF files -- one inside the scene, one outside OBS that I've set up to be a control panel for the other, which runs in a standalone flash player. When both are running in flash players, they communicate fine, however, placing the receiving .swf in CLR causes the connection to be lost.

If I could offer one suggestion, I believe that this may be one possible cause, due to changes in Chromium's security settings in regards to LocalConnection permissions--

The bug report: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=140000
The result: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/unsandbox-localconnection-chrome.html

But yeah, this is a huge headache for me I'd like to see if a solution can be found to.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
@jeremy you could post us a log file, see if it got any error messages. In general it recently often helped people to install this VC_Redistributable: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
Assuming you installed the plugin correctly and extracted all subfolders and files :)

@ChrisHanel this might not be obvious but the Plugin author, Faruton, is quite busy in his real-life and has not updated any of his plugins in quite some time. You can check the github and grind into the code yourself if you want to:
https://github.com/kc5nra/CLRBrowserSourcePlugin

k4dope

i have a problem with
"ffmpegsumo.dll"

after i download the plugin and put it in obs plugins file then i run obs and clr wont work bcuz the
" ffmpegsumo.dll not work in 32bit or the system" they said pls help help am dying

ChrisHanel

I realize that Faruton isn't around much, but since other people are having this issue, here's some of the things I've sniffed out so far:

• The problem is not that CLR is using the PPAPI version of Flash, aka the 'Pepper Player', which is referenced in the 2nd link of my previous post. CLR is using the NPAPI flash player, which should have less issues handling localconnection functions.
  • Having the .swf detect its own domain name gave an answer simply of "absolute". Having the control panel .swf attempt to send messages directly to the 'absolute' domain did not fix the issue, and both .swf files are accepting all possible domains as well as insecure domains for the sake of testing.
  • I've tried using multiple additional command line arguments inside of the settings, including, --allow-running-insecure-content, --allow-outdated-plugins, --always-authorize-plugins, and even --disable-bundled-ppapi-flash (even though it's not using it, but I wanted to see what would happen).
  • Unexpectedly, though, using a Socket connection *does* work, as MonsterDebugger uses a Socket method to retrieve debug info from the .swf, and it has no issues receiving data.

One thing I've noticed with the revelation that the old Browser Source plugin allows this functionality where CLR does not is that the old plugin used a different file protocol. I'm now going through the plugin source code as Jack0r suggested to see if this is possibly changed without breaking everything, but my programming skills are pretty mediocre by these standards and I don't have a full understanding of every component that I'm messing with.

ChrisHanel

I got this working! Functionality was restored once I added the folder that the files are in to the Trusted Sources list in Flash.

1. Open any .swf inside the Standalone Flash player, and right click -- select Global Settings
2. Select the Advanced Tab, and scroll down to click on the Trusted Sources button
3. Add the folder containing your .swf's to the list

Once you've done this, your overlays should be able to communicate with other SWF's running on the client.

jeremy

@jeremy you could post us a log file, see if it got any error messages. In general it recently often helped people to install this VC_Redistributable: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
Assuming you installed the plugin correctly and extracted all subfolders and files :)

Hey I already had that downloaded and when I try to download it again it says the one I have is newer than that version. Assuming it should still work? I believe I have put the files in right spot, I even used the installer and manually did it hoping it would work.

My log comes back with no errors?

Last edited by a moderator:

Razor457

Hi guys,

I'm literally pulling my hair out here I tried to follow couple posts in this thread and made sure I did multiprocess thing etc.

I literally cannot get local SWF files to play, I'm running windows 8.1 64 bit of this plugin. I created a local SWF file using after effects with a transparent background (just a flashing logo) it worked when i created swf with a black background but soon as I did it right with transparency it just doesn't want to play.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Edit: Well it was playing file earlier a SWF without transparency now it's not playing that either.... i've no ides what's going on lol.

Last edited:

xboldness

This is the error I keep getting, tried reinstalling and still nothing
a3b57c169c11c6d6e6a23b2c7a674e28.png

Edit: If you manually install instead of using the installer, this isn't an issue.

Last edited:

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Installing? Where did you download an installer @xboldness ?

@jeremy hmm if the log has no error at all, is there at least a message that its loading the plugin? If that is not the case you must be using a wrong combination or the wrong obs.exe

@Razor457 you normally only need flash for other browsers, single process mode and activate Intercept and apply template.

Razor457

Installing? Where did you download an installer @xboldness ?

@jeremy hmm if the log has no error at all, is there at least a message that its loading the plugin? If that is not the case you must be using a wrong combination or the wrong obs.exe

@Razor457 you normally only need flash for other browsers, single process mode and activate Intercept and apply template.

Hi single process mode is set to true that was first thing I tried as per advice on first page (When playing SWF Files locally at first the plugin worked but then all of sudden it just stopped working when I tried a transparent background SWF and now doesn't work on solids either it's weird...), however I notice it's not playing my SWF files even when hosted on the web. Have I not turned something on? I tried to host one of my SWF files on a website and it didn't seem to work either. It just doesn't show anything.

Where would I find intercept?

Edit: My stupidity I found it I was looking in options and advanced places.I tried again saw little transparent box saying error couldn't load plugin. Then I tried to switch SWF sources (Got a couple I made on my desktop) to another one and again see nothing now :(

The OBS website works (Default page CLR browser links too when you first add it as plugin and that seems to run no problem. If I turn on intercept request then it doesn't play OBS website anymore. My SWF files seem to play inside my browser so they do work just CLR will not read them at all no matter what I try to do i'm so confused could someone who is playing SWF files locally just explain step by step what they did?

Maybe when i'm exporting the SWF files out of after effects it's adding in some weird codec or some setting that doesn't want to work with CLR I need to try check this. I use google chrome btw. I have tried to upload and host my SWF on a website and I tried that still doesnt work, it loads the website and I can see the website but where my SWF is supposed to be it just says couldn't load plugin also below there is a box on the website says "You need to upgrade your flash player". Any ideas? i'm trying to narrow down possible causes. However I can open the website fine no problem and see the SWF on chrome the website i used was SWF cabin.

Edit2: ok so I downloaded flash player standalone and now the SWF works when I link to SWF cabin my SWF plays on the page, however the SWF files on my desktop will still just not play.

Last edited: