Choppy NDI signal RUINING my stream

badneck

Hey so I've been struggling with getting my 2 PC NDI stream set up working for weeks now. I tried the OBS plugin and would get a really choppy/stuttering stream quality, but no dropped frames or encoder lag. Someone said switching to NDI Scan Converter would help, which it did but it still feels choppy/stuttery. My gaming rig has a ryzen 5 2600 and an rx 580, my streaming rig has an i7 3770 and a gt 1030, I also run a 144hz monitor. The two PCs are connected by the router and everything is gigabit capable. My upload speed is at minimum 10mbps. I stream at 720/60 and run a bitrate of 3000 with the CPU set to fast. Also, I noticed today that when I start the stream the input lag in the OBS preview for the NDI signal increases.

This is ABSOLUTELY driving me INSANE. I Would buy a capture card if someone tells me it will fix my problem, but I'd obviously rather use NDI.

Please help!

link to an example: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/667597680?t=00h00m25s

Log File from streaming PC is attached

Attachments

• 2020-07-02 00-17-34.txt
    17.8 KB · Views: 89

badneck

Hey so I actually uploaded a later log file from the same game that doesn't correspond with the twitch link. Sorry! Here is the correct one

Attachments

• 2020-07-01 17-50-05.txt
    61.8 KB · Views: 94

carlmmii

According to the logs, your stream-side OBS has no issues with rendering/encoding, so the NDI feed it's getting is most likely the problem.

Could you try using OBS on your gaming computer again for the NDI feed, and post those logs? Make sure to run as admin.

badneck

According to the logs, your stream-side OBS has no issues with rendering/encoding, so the NDI feed it's getting is most likely the problem.

Could you try using OBS on your gaming computer again for the NDI feed, and post those logs? Make sure to run as admin.
Here you are, thank you!

Attachments

• 2020-07-02 12-24-45.txt
    17.3 KB · Views: 75

carlmmii

Ok, so it's definitely having issue with rendering lag, meaning it's having trouble grabbing the frames in time for processing. The best I can suggest is lowering your in-game settings so that you aren't maxing out your GPU usage while playing. Limit your framerate, and turn down settings.

In an ideal world, running OBS as administrator is supposed to give OBS enough GPU priority so that it can grab the frames in time to do all the processing it needs. But, some games (modern warfare specifically) don't like to play nice.

badneck

Ok, so it's definitely having issue with rendering lag, meaning it's having trouble grabbing the frames in time for processing. The best I can suggest is lowering your in-game settings so that you aren't maxing out your GPU usage while playing. Limit your framerate, and turn down settings.

In an ideal world, running OBS as administrator is supposed to give OBS enough GPU priority so that it can grab the frames in time to do all the processing it needs. But, some games (modern warfare specifically) don't like to play nice.
Hey forgot to say thanks! I figured it was the gaming PC. I'll try to fiddle with some settings, the 144 hz monitor doesn't like framecaps so I'll have to figure that out.