Question / Help Cannot open the correct "Configure Video" properties. Razer Ripsaw HD audio problem. What I'm doing wrong?

masakifujiwara

I have two problems :

1- The main one is that I cannot record/stream the game audio from my new capture card "Razer Ripsaw HD" in OBS. A viewer cannot hear the sound of the console I'm using (PS4 Pro) right now. Me, I can if I plug my headphone in the Headphone port (3.5 mm audio cable) of my Ripsaw, but not if I plug it anywhere else. After hours of research I maybe find a solution, but I need to access to the properties windows "Configure Video" in the properties of my Video Capture Device (Ripsaw) in OBS. Which brings me to my second problem.

2- It seems, for some reason, that I cannot open the correct windows when I click on "Configue Video" in the properties of my Video Capture Device. How can I access to the correct window? Why it doesn't show the same window as everyone else when I was searching for a fix to my main problem?

I try to uninstall, then reinstall OBS,
I try to search for update for OBS or Windows 10,
I try to change my language from French to English,
I try to add a new Video Capture Device.

It keeps showing me the wrong window. I attach some images to show my problem here.

Basically, I want to access to the Audio Input of my Game Capture Card. Any Ideas?

Log file : https://obsproject.com/logs/csyDxZRcV2QgqJmx

The "Configure Video" Button :
configure-video-btn.JPG

The properties window that I expected :
correct-properties-windows.JPG

The properties window I actually get :
my-properties-windows.JPG

masakifujiwara

Hi mate, I've got the exact same issue. Find a fix? :)

Not yet. OBS Streamlabs support tell me that if the issue was present in both Streamlabs and OBS Studio, it was probably a problem on Razer side. I open an issue with Razer and they ask me to do the usual debugging steps again before investigating further (see bellow).

My Razer Reddit post for this issue

I'm pretty sure that I have already try all those setps, but I am a bit busy lately and I didn't find the time to try them again yet.

You can try them yourself and open an issue with Razer too. Be sure to tell me if you find anything please! :o

EDIT : I receive the answer from Razer last Saturday (Nov 30th).

Here's the message :

Hello U/MasakiiFujiwara,

Thanks for responding to our request. We've verified your Razer Ripsaw HD through the serial number you provided. We understand that you've already tried some troubleshooting steps to solve the issue, but could you double-check the steps below:
  1. For PC, set your playback audio device to Ripsaw HD. (For console, set the audio output to HDMI.)
  2. On OBS, add an Audio Input Capture device.
  3. In the Create/Select source window, select “Create New” and click “OK”.
  4. In the Properties window, select “Microphone (Razer Ripsaw HD HDMI)” and click “OK”.
  5. You should now be able to record your game audio. You can confirm that OBS is receiving audio when you see the green bars under “Audio Input Capture”. To monitor or to hear the audio through your streaming PC, open the “Advanced Audio Properties” by clicking on the cog icon in the Mixer section.
  6. In the “Advanced Audio Properties” window, select “Monitor and Output” for the “Audio Monitoring” section for the “Audio Input Capture” to be able to both monitor and record/stream your game audio.
Also, if you haven't tried it yet, please try to use VoiceMeeter. Voicemeeter essentially sends audio both to your Ripsaw and headset/speakers.
Kind regards,
Ivory A.
RΛZΞR | Cassiopeia

Obietrizzl3

Hey, wondering if you found a fix... ran into the exact same problem. I tried all the steps the razer support suggested. Still nothing. I also downloaded voicemeter but not sure how to set it up correctly....

masakifujiwara

Hey, wondering if you found a fix... ran into the exact same problem. I tried all the steps the razer support suggested. Still nothing. I also downloaded voicemeter but not sure how to set it up correctly....

I still try to figure out a solution. Razer seems to have difficulties to reply me, maybe because of the holiday break. A new person respond to me each time... But they put my problem in higher priority it seems so I'm still waiting for now. It still doesn't work for me yet. Tell me if you find anything yourself.

Are you using a French interface like me or any other language than English? Just so I can figure out if it may be related or not.

Comkri

Also the same thing with my capture card, razer ripsaw hd. Have you found a fix to the problem or have razer found a solution? I have tried two computers and the same problem is there. Next time i think i will buy an elgato instead. I have the old version of the elgato and not a single problem with that capturing card. I bought the ripsaw to be able to record my gameplay at 1080p 60fps.

Comkri

Also the same thing with my capture card, razer ripsaw hd. Have you found a fix to the problem or have razer found a solution? I have tried two computers and the same problem is there. Next time i think i will buy an elgato instead. I have the old version of the elgato and not a single problem with that capturing card. I bought the ripsaw to be able to record my gameplay at 1080p 60fps.
I have found the solution for the problem, took me awhile but yeah I can link to the guide i have made. English is not my native language but I think you will get it.

Guide to fix Razer Ripsaw HD audio problem.

masakifujiwara

I have found the solution for the problem, took me awhile but yeah I can link to the guide i have made. English is not my native language but I think you will get it.

I didn't find a solution yet. Razer support wasn't able to find the problem. I just send back my unit to Razer, today, so they can send me a new one. If I still have the same problem with the new one, I'll investigate your solution. Thanks.

masakifujiwara

Still have the same problem even with the new Ripsaw HD. Your solution didn't help me sadly. It must be a configuration in my computer I guess at this point. I'll have to buy another Game Capture Card and see if still have problem with another one.. $200 wasted. It hurt.

Its_oconn

I have two problems :

1- The main one is that I cannot record/stream the game audio from my new capture card "Razer Ripsaw HD" in OBS. A viewer cannot hear the sound of the console I'm using (PS4 Pro) right now. Me, I can if I plug my headphone in the Headphone port (3.5 mm audio cable) of my Ripsaw, but not if I plug it anywhere else. After hours of research I maybe find a solution, but I need to access to the properties windows "Configure Video" in the properties of my Video Capture Device (Ripsaw) in OBS. Which brings me to my second problem.

2- It seems, for some reason, that I cannot open the correct windows when I click on "Configue Video" in the properties of my Video Capture Device. How can I access to the correct window? Why it doesn't show the same window as everyone else when I was searching for a fix to my main problem?

It keeps showing me the wrong window. I attach some images to show my problem here.

Basically, I want to access to the Audio Input of my Game Capture Card. Any Ideas?

View attachment 49090
View attachment 49088
View attachment 49089
Hi. I found this while searching for my problem. And I know the fix. In your source box add a audio input device and then select your razer capture card hdmi

masakifujiwara

Hi. I found this while searching for my problem. And I know the fix. In your source box add a audio input device and then select your razer capture card hdmi

No, it was not working back when I try. I try both Audio Output and Audio Input multiple times. The problem is really that I cannot access to the correct windows for some reason. This reason must be the problem, but I still didn't figure it out yet. I just command my new computer and it should arrive in a few days (mid-May). I'll try on the new one to see if it was a problem with the configuration of my old computer or still something else.

there is a Y splitter cable you need to run from your controller or audio out to your capture card,

its made for the elgato fut it works for all.
Elgato Chat Link - Party Chat Adapter for Xbox One and Playstation 4

I'll save the link, just in case I want to chat with the PS4 chat or something like that, but I'm not trying to link my headphone/micro with the Ripsaw HD atm. I'm trying to link the audio of my Ripsaw HD and my computer, because my computer just doesn't capture any sounds from it, just the images.

PeeWeddz

Hi guys,
Did anyone find a fix for this yet ? I have the exact same issue but I’m using elgato and Alienware pc.
thanks.

Yahya Al Zain

I have two problems :

View attachment 49090
View attachment 49088
View attachment 49089
So did u fix it ? Can u find the right window?

masakifujiwara

Finally, I was not able to access this perticular window even on my new PC. However, I did find another way to fix my issu. I'm not sure if it would have work on my old PC, but it work on my new one:

1- Go to the "Sound control panel" of your cumputer (Panneau de configuration Son in French);
2- Go to the "Recording" tab (Enregistrement);
3- Go to the "properties" of your Razer Ripsaw HD HDMI (Propriétés);
4- Go to the "Listen" tab (Écouter);
5- Now, check the box "Listen to this device" (Écouter ce périphérique);
6- Choose the "Playback Device" you want to hear the sound that come from you Razer Ripsaw HD HDMI (périphérique);
7- Done! I can hear the sound of my Switch on my computer and share it with my audience now. I didn't try it yet, but it's probably similar with the PS4 Pro. I think there is just one parameter to change in your PS4 setting compare to the Switch where the default parameter are good.

Extra: In OBS Streamlab, for the visual, I think I also had to change the settings for my Video Capture Device:
1- Resolution to Custom;
2- Video Format to MJPEG;
3- Resolution back to Device Default.

Hope it helps as an alternative! Let me know if anyone find a solution to open the original window I was trying to open last year.

Last edited:

Yahya Al Zain

Finally, I was not able to access this perticular window even on my new PC. However, I did find another way to fix my issu. I'm not sure if it would have work on my old PC, but it work on my new one:

1- Go to the "Sound control panel" of your cumputer (Panneau de configuration Son in French);
6- Choose the "Playback Device" you want to hear the sound that come from you Razer Ripsaw HD HDMI (périphérique);
7- Done! I can hear the sound of my Switch on my computer and share it with my audience now. I didn't try it yet, but it's probably similar with the PS4 Pro. I think there is just one parameter to change in your PS4 setting compare to the Switch where the default parameter are good.

Extra: In OBS Streamlab, for the visual, I think I also had to change the settings for my Video Capture Device:
1- Resolution to Custom;

Hope it helps as an alternative! Let me know if anyone find a solution to open the original window I was trying to open last year.
hello , do u know how to record audio even when i connect the headset direct to the iPad ??

masakifujiwara

You don't know this is why u didn't understand what am i saying , for me using the aux direct into ipad can solve your video configure issue

Good for you. But again, there is no iPad in the current configuration of this issue and we don't need to get one (aka spend $$) to solve it. So, feel free to continue to troll, but it's basically useless since I already solved my problem without having to go in the missing window in the end.

To any mod/admin : It seems like I cannot close/delete my own thread, so can you please close it for me if you're looking at this message? Thank you and good day.

Jerry_lcr

1- Resolution to Custom;

Hi, still not working for me. did everything in your steps and I'm still not getting any audio to my audience