Question / Help Can I use laptop webcam (video capture device) in other scenes?

TonyBabarino

I have Scene 1 and Scene 2.
I have a Video Capture Device (laptop's webcam) and named it Webcam in Scene 1 as a source.
But...
When I go to Scene 2 and select that SAME ("existing") device for Video Capture Device for a source in it, the screen (video) is black!
I thought that as long as the same laptop webcam is not duplicated as a source inside the same scene, it works, correct?
I assumed that you could have multiple instances of that same webcam in a scene, but I guess not?
However, we SHOULD be able to use the same webcam (as "existing source") once in each Scene, correct?
If correct, what's wrong? I deleted all sources except the ONE, single instance of the webcam (I'm afraid I'll lose that one too!).
I have HP Omen laptop, NVIDA GEforce GTX 6gig video, 2 solid state HD (Samsung 920's), 32 gig ram (Corsair).

teolona

Yes, you can use the laptop's webcam in as many scenes you want, I did it and worked perfectly. You should also be able to see it in different scenes with different names (I mean, in scene 2 you should be able to use the laptop webcam if you add it both as an existing device or with another name)