CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings

CamooZ - Save & restore camera settings 7.4.1 - Support for non-USB cams

TomasuTom

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to fix a problem that happen to me two days ago... When I try to open Camooz app the gui is flashing and disappearing - I can't get to app anymore. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

falti

Is CamooZ still running (as a process you cam see in Task Manager)?

If so: stop CamooZ, then delete the CamooZ.ini file and start over.

Be careful: make sure you have your license key, because you'd need tp register again.

TomasuTom

Hi :)
Yes it is still running but I can't get into app - I can hover the icon and I can see that the app is there but nothing more - I can't see the gui. If it is important the web version is working fine.
I tried to uninstall the app restart etc but no luck ...

falti

It looks like you once worked with 2 or 3 monitors - and when you closed CamooZ it saved it's last screen position.

Now it seems you have one monitor less. CamooZ puts itself to the old coordinates when it starts. Unfortunately that monitor is no longer there, and CamooZ is in Nirvana at some negative screen positions.

From a programming perspective this is very tricky to handle as Windows is somewhat weird as to valid screen coordinates.

Here is the fix:

1. Kill CamooZ (means: Stop the app, verify with Task Manager, that it is not running)
  2. Open c:\Users\yourusername\documents\CamooZ6\CamooZ.ini
    "yourusername" is to be replaced with your actual user name...
  3. Delete the lines
    WindowPosX=
    WindowPosY=
  4. Save the ini file
  5. Restart CamooZ
It is important to stop CamooZ first, because otherwise the manual change you make to the INI-file will be overwritten by CamooZ, and it will again write the wrong coordinates into the INI ;-)

That should do the trick. Please let me know if it works now. Sorry for the inconvenience, I will look into the code and see if I can do better handling such multi-monitor situations.

Cheers

Falti