Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance

Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance v1.1.13

Roy, I think it is worth noting that I had tried a different configuration and BR has improved exponentially. I took a screen shot of my settings and it's below. It appears that my arm and hand movements are not getting that wavy outline or whatever the term is, but it's my hair that gets it with little to no movement. I would compare it to zoom and it's gotten a lot closer, but zoom isn't perfect anyway. I appreciate that it is a difficult technology to work with, so I truly appreciate what you're doing. Perhaps with better lighting I will get better results? I will play around some more tomorrow and tell you of my results.

Attachments

• Background Removal by Roy .png
    Background Removal by Roy .png
    119.1 KB · Views: 61

royshilkrot

MartinBrieger

Latest Version:
obs: symbol lookup error: /usr//lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/obs-plugins/obs-backgroundremoval.so: undefined symbol: c
puinfo_initialize

How can that happen?

PinkPandaMarz

For some reason, it wont show up under the filter list. I downloaded the most recent version, and tried other versions and it still wont show under the audio/video filter list. (I have tried restarting OBS after downloading)

royshilkrot

For some reason, it wont show up under the filter list. I downloaded the most recent version, and tried other versions and it still wont show under the audio/video filter list. (I have tried restarting OBS after downloading)
if you're on Mac M1 and running the x86 version of OBS - it won't show up

at any rate, please open an issue: https://github.com/royshil/obs-backgroundremoval/issues and if you can - share the logs from OBS (Help -> Log -> Show current log)

royshilkrot

royshilkrot updated Background Removal / Portrait Segmentation / Virtual Green-screen with a new update entry:

v0.5.15 - Better, smaller, signed and simpler to use!

In this release:
  • Transparent background default (no more chroma key filter! )
  • Signed Mac OSX installers
  • Improved runtime performance
  • Smaller package size (removing old model)
  • Flatpak readiness
Enjoy!

If this free plugin is helpful for you - consider sponsoring us on GitHub:

What's Changed​

• Background removal without...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Roy,
Can you please post a direct link to the newest download. I'm confused as to where to find it. It appears you updated it today, but it still says V. 05.15, which I thought was your previous update that I had downloaded. When I follow this download link it takes me to V.05.14., so I'm not sure where to go for the newest version. I know you have been working really hard on it, so I'm eager to try it without needing to use the chroma key plugin. Thanks. Edit: found it! LOL. Will be trying it soon. Thanks again.

Ok. So I just installed the latest I believe, so I am comparing to make sure that it is the latest. You had taken out the option for colors because it is automatically transparent, correct? Just wanted to make sure. Thanks.

royshilkrot

Ok. So I just installed the latest I believe, so I am comparing to make sure that it is the latest. You had taken out the option for colors because it is automatically transparent, correct? Just wanted to make sure. Thanks.
Indeed we disabled the colors since it's always pretty much used for chroma key
it's always transparent, unless the "blur background" is on in which the BG will be the blurred background

Jabberwock

Hi, with the last release, on startup OBS uses a lot of CPU (>50%) on a Ryzen 9 5900x. But if I open che plugin settings (right click on the source, filter) and reselect Inference device (GPU- DirectML), the CPU drops to 10,9% of usage.
My video card is a Radeon RX 580.

Last edited:

royshilkrot

Hi, with the last release, on startup OBS uses a lot of CPU (>50%) on a Ryzen 9 5900x. But if I open che plugin settings (right click on the source, filter) and reselect Inference device (GPU- DirectML), the CPU drops to 10,9% of usage.
My video card is a Radeon RX 580.
Thanks - you're right we have a problem with persistance of the selections between runs. I'll work on it. We have an issue https://github.com/royshil/obs-backgroundremoval/issues/65

royshilkrot

royshilkrot updated Background Removal / Portrait Segmentation / Virtual Green-screen with a new update entry:

v0.5.16 - work on any source! any camera! bugfixes and performance improvements!

New release! It's a big one... We've listened to your comments and made many things a whole lot better:

• Background removal now works on any source! Including browser etc.
  • We've switched our rendering backend to GS filters, which means it works on groups and on cameras of all kinds.
  • Performance improvements were added, as well as better memory management.
  • Universal-only Mac OS build, since many people accidentally install the x86 version on the M1.
  • Feathering and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I just downloaded 5.16 and yes it has improved exponentially. Wow! Just Wow! The best way I can explain it is their is a lot less margin of error. It appears it's just the hair when you move it and in a few other small movements. Also, it depends on the color and stuff that is my background to. It's good with some and not in others. I'm in a small space in the basement that is in an all in one small room. In the middle are flourescent ceiling lights My area of the room is off to the side and it picks up some of the light from the flourescent lights in the middle of the room, but of course it's not even. A few days ago I ordered some table top stage lights they should be here by mid week next week. My hope and instincts tell me this should work. Truthfully I don't know what I am doing, but have done a lot of experimenting with setups and feel with even lighting it should work the best! I would feel confident in using BR for a conference if I did that type of thing. Currently you can still tell it is virtual but it's starting to rival others like zoom Looking forward to more updates. Glad I stuck with this for the past two or three years it's starting to pay off. Thanks so much Roy and your contributors!

Hi, I downloaded the Mac pkg and installed it but now I don't see it anywhere. It's not in my Applications folder or in my OBS plugins folder, so I don't know how to get it working. Help? On an M1 macbook pro btw.

Jabberwock

Not sure why, but 5.16 triggers a WHEA-Logger 18 on my system. And my Logitech Streamcam freezes after that (I have to disconnect the USB type-c from my PC so it can be recognized again by Windows).

royshilkrot

Hi, I downloaded the Mac pkg and installed it but now I don't see it anywhere. It's not in my Applications folder or in my OBS plugins folder, so I don't know how to get it working. Help? On an M1 macbook pro btw.
this is a plugin - so you would see it in OBS, pick a source and add a "Effect / Filter" -> select "Background Removal"

kencamargo

Hi there, I am having trouble installing the plugin (Ubuntu 22.04, OBS 27.2.3). I ran dpkg -i on the .deb package, but the filter doesn't show on the list of filters for video capture device. I am at a loss here, any help will be greatly appreciated...