Automate 24/7 Stream for a scheduled Playlist

thedarkcocoman

Hello just read a few of the pages(its late at night after a hard days work) but I kind of understand what is being done. After I read through all the other pages ill hopefully have a better understanding.
But from the 2 videos I have seen from @bcoyle especially the Jack Benny Program was something I could use. Even though ill be using OBS primarily for music but when I'm not streaming I would want to broadcast my music 24/7 with self edited videos. If it cant be edited live that's ok with with me. The live broadcast can be the simple overlays where I and making the music will be the focus. But when I am not on this can be a good way to keep things going.
So I'll be getting to bed and hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to read through all this.

bcoyle

Hello just read a few of the pages(its late at night after a hard days work) but I kind of understand what is being done. After I read through all the other pages ill hopefully have a better understanding.
But from the 2 videos I have seen from @bcoyle especially the Jack Benny Program was something I could use. Even though ill be using OBS primarily for music but when I'm not streaming I would want to broadcast my music 24/7 with self edited videos. If it cant be edited live that's ok with with me. The live broadcast can be the simple overlays where I and making the music will be the focus. But when I am not on this can be a good way to keep things going.
So I'll be getting to bed and hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to read through all this.
were you able to read it all? What I am doing is a bit different. As you can see, the first video is a music video. You can run these real time or / and record for later use.

Last edited:

gblixen

Hi there !
regards from uruguay ...
We start a TV chanel bassed on our old radio.
We also searching a PlayOut. Actualy we use Insta-Playout on a DELL notebook .. but we dont like the scheculing capabilites.
We love RADIO BOSS and the magic he can do with automatization of Audio ... I realize that it can play videos in a Window .. but it dont have NDI support to comunicate with our local network and OBS ... So in OBS we must capture the RadioBoss window .. but it happened at the window size !! .. if the window is to small .. the transmision sucks !!
But if we put the RadioBoss on other HiRes monitor and we capture that window .. we can do very well ...
Its only an idea .. but not a final solution ...
We still search a good PlayOut or a GOOD PLUGins to schedule programs for OBS ...

bcoyle

Hi there !
regards from uruguay ...
We start a TV chanel bassed on our old radio.
We also searching a PlayOut. Actualy we use Insta-Playout on a DELL notebook .. but we dont like the scheculing capabilites.
We love RADIO BOSS and the magic he can do with automatization of Audio ... I realize that it can play videos in a Window .. but it dont have NDI support to comunicate with our local network and OBS ... So in OBS we must capture the RadioBoss window .. but it happened at the window size !! .. if the window is to small .. the transmision sucks !!
But if we put the RadioBoss on other HiRes monitor and we capture that window .. we can do very well ...
Its only an idea .. but not a final solution ...
We still search a good PlayOut or a GOOD PLUGins to schedule programs for OBS ...
Hi There
Good to hear from another 24/7er. If you go back in the thread, you'll find another 2 people that are using radio boss and if you contact them, they may have some ideas for you. Me, myself am writing a 24/7 app. Not done yet

gblixen

Hi There
Good to hear from another 24/7er. If you go back in the thread, you'll find another 2 people that are using radio boss and if you contact them, they may have some ideas for you. Me, myself am writing a 24/7 app. Not done yet

Writing? ... amazing!
We´ll be expected you finish ... or maybe you want beta testers !!
Thank you the feed, I´m going search about radioBoss !!
SeeY

bcoyle

Writing? ... amazing!
We´ll be expected you finish ... or maybe you want beta testers !!
Thank you the feed, I´m going search about radioBoss !!
SeeY
So what kind of station are you running. How about a URl so we can go see it.

next007apple

I Created Small App that Get Video from Excel (I mean play video from excel based on time)
you just need excel file

you can stream video whole year automation!
if you are interested then contact me > unitedzon.com (talk to jennifer)

next007apple

(some minor bugs, but i'm working on it)

will complete in 2week (for radio broadcasting and video broadcasting )
when project complete i will post reply here!

next007apple

Hi,
What is the best workflow to automate obs streaming a scheduled playlist
Hi,

What is the best workflow to automate obs streaming a scheduled playlist that will be managed by an in-house application, I did a workaround by adding a scene with vlc source form a directory and I tried to drop files in this folder continuously but it seems the vlc source will play only clips located when starting, does creating multiple scene and trying to auto switch them will help in this case?
Or any better ideas, I’m able to create dynamically xml, json or any kind of playlist files, but how can obs read these playlist after updating them?
And is there any way to make playlist with specific time? Os it ca run a specific file at a specific time?
One more doubt what about automating some overlay graphics or some alsfa .mov files on a specific time?
Thank you for your advices.
Regards.

that will be managed by an in-house application, I did a workround
I Created Small App that Get Video from Excel (I mean play video from excel based on time)
you just need excel file (some minor bugs, but i'm working on it)

will complete in 2week (for radio broadcasting and video broadcasting )
you can stream video whole year automation!
if you are interested then contact me > unitedzon.com (talk to jennifer, don't worry that's my site)

when project complete i will post reply here!

bcoyle

Every once in a while, I'll pose a question for discussion, keep the interest up. I know why I want to do a 24/7 channel (broadcasting 24 hours a day), but why do you people on the channel want to that and what will you broadcast for 24/7. I know some just want a playlist and may not actually broadcast 24/7. So what do you think. So lets talk less tech and more mission.

Last edited:

WiredCanuck

Hi,
What is the best workflow to automate obs streaming a scheduled playlist
Hi,

What is the best workflow to automate obs streaming a scheduled playlist that will be managed by an in-house application, I did a workaround by adding a scene with vlc source form a directory and I tried to drop files in this folder continuously but it seems the vlc source will play only clips located when starting, does creating multiple scene and trying to auto switch them will help in this case?
Or any better ideas, I’m able to create dynamically xml, json or any kind of playlist files, but how can obs read these playlist after updating them?
And is there any way to make playlist with specific time? Os it ca run a specific file at a specific time?
One more doubt what about automating some overlay graphics or some alsfa .mov files on a specific time?
Thank you for your advices.
Regards.

that will be managed by an in-house application, I did a workround

one dev on my team did something like that using a python script. the script reads a schedule, locates the MP4 files for the next 5 videos to stream, downloads them locally if they are not already locally cached and plays them in order with a custom transition in between. once a video has finished the script deletes it from the local cache and restarts itself.

EndoSkull

I went with Radioboss.
Haven't had time to add the "tv" part of the show - but for the most part all the DJs and OBS screens are automated

bcoyle

one dev on my team did something like that using a python script. the script reads a schedule, locates the MP4 files for the next 5 videos to stream, downloads them locally if they are not already locally cached and plays them in order with a custom transition in between. once a video has finished the script deletes it from the local cache and restarts itself.
There are so many interesting solutions. A lot of them fall into the "Good Enough" category. Sometimes I wonder if the app I am working on is just overkill. Too late to stop now. Maybe should have concentrated on good enough.

bcoyle

I found the Advanced scene switcher plugin, but It doesn't do it on the time but the number of seconds you specify.
There is a reason why you don't find full blown obs solutions. 24/7 automation is a big job. There are commercial solutions out there, but they have a staff of dev's to make it work. Streamlabs is an example (which actually uses obs). Hard to compete with that.

durwildchild

Hello everyone, so i have a question and sorry for my bad English ^^
I have a 24/7 Gaming Stream and i will do a automatic scheudle like this Picture, im using the VLC Plugin in OBS.
Everyone has a idea ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    966 KB · Views: 275