Automate 24/7 Stream for a scheduled Playlist

next007apple

Hi,
What is the best workflow to automate obs streaming a scheduled playlist
Hi,

What is the best workflow to automate obs streaming a scheduled playlist that will be managed by an in-house application, I did a workaround by adding a scene with vlc source form a directory and I tried to drop files in this folder continuously but it seems the vlc source will play only clips located when starting, does creating multiple scene and trying to auto switch them will help in this case?
Or any better ideas, I’m able to create dynamically xml, json or any kind of playlist files, but how can obs read these playlist after updating them?
And is there any way to make playlist with specific time? Os it ca run a specific file at a specific time?
One more doubt what about automating some overlay graphics or some alsfa .mov files on a specific time?
Thank you for your advices.
Regards.

that will be managed by an in-house application, I did a workround
I Created Small App that Get Video from Excel (I mean play video from excel based on time)
you just need excel file (some minor bugs, but i'm working on it)

will complete in 2week (for radio broadcasting and video broadcasting )
you can stream video whole year automation!
if you are interested then contact me > unitedzon.com (talk to jennifer, don't worry that's my site)

when project complete i will post reply here!

bcoyle

Every once in a while, I'll pose a question for discussion, keep the interest up. I know why I want to do a 24/7 channel (broadcasting 24 hours a day), but why do you people on the channel want to that and what will you broadcast for 24/7. I know some just want a playlist and may not actually broadcast 24/7. So what do you think. So lets talk less tech and more mission.

Last edited:

WiredCanuck

Hi,
What is the best workflow to automate obs streaming a scheduled playlist
Hi,

What is the best workflow to automate obs streaming a scheduled playlist that will be managed by an in-house application, I did a workaround by adding a scene with vlc source form a directory and I tried to drop files in this folder continuously but it seems the vlc source will play only clips located when starting, does creating multiple scene and trying to auto switch them will help in this case?
Or any better ideas, I’m able to create dynamically xml, json or any kind of playlist files, but how can obs read these playlist after updating them?
And is there any way to make playlist with specific time? Os it ca run a specific file at a specific time?
One more doubt what about automating some overlay graphics or some alsfa .mov files on a specific time?
Thank you for your advices.
Regards.

that will be managed by an in-house application, I did a workround
one dev on my team did something like that using a python script. the script reads a schedule, locates the MP4 files for the next 5 videos to stream, downloads them locally if they are not already locally cached and plays them in order with a custom transition in between. once a video has finished the script deletes it from the local cache and restarts itself.

bcoyle

one dev on my team did something like that using a python script. the script reads a schedule, locates the MP4 files for the next 5 videos to stream, downloads them locally if they are not already locally cached and plays them in order with a custom transition in between. once a video has finished the script deletes it from the local cache and restarts itself.
There are so many interesting solutions. A lot of them fall into the "Good Enough" category. Sometimes I wonder if the app I am working on is just overkill. Too late to stop now. Maybe should have concentrated on good enough.

bcoyle

I found the Advanced scene switcher plugin, but It doesn't do it on the time but the number of seconds you specify.
There is a reason why you don't find full blown obs solutions. 24/7 automation is a big job. There are commercial solutions out there, but they have a staff of dev's to make it work. Streamlabs is an example (which actually uses obs). Hard to compete with that.

durwildchild

Hello everyone, so i have a question and sorry for my bad English ^^
I have a 24/7 Gaming Stream and i will do a automatic scheudle like this Picture, im using the VLC Plugin in OBS.
Everyone has a idea ?

Attachments

ComedyHub

Hey everyone, lots of good information in this thread. Thanks for all the work you guys are doing. Long time lurker looking for similar solution.

bcoyle

Hey everyone, lots of good information in this thread. Thanks for all the work you guys are doing. Long time lurker looking for similar solution.
Welcome - Sounds like by your name that you want to stream comedy. So anyway, introduce yourself and tell us what your dream is.

bcoyle

Thank you for the link. I was blown away by it's flexibility. I do think if you need something like this, you probable have a big studio and will need lots of money. OBS has lots of little plugins and ways of doing things, not nothing that integrated. And if they did, you would have to probably pay for it. Can you imagine the number of hours to make something like this. OBS seems to be dominated by people doing videos with them in it. There are lots of stuff available to help you become a video blogger, dj ,youtube channel creator, but nothing on the level of Mozart. So tell us what you are trying to do? Anyway, mosart is very cool.

Last edited:

from1975

There are plenty of TV scheduling software.

And in most cases, the "live" part (ie. sending live video from OBS or VMix via NDI) is just a part of playlist. The main purpose of the sotware is to play interrupted playlist scheduled for days,weeks, even months.

The cheapest one is Uniplay One, $55.

Last edited:

from1975

And a few others:

Check also this "Free Broadcast Automation Software" page: https://free-broadcast-automation-software.peatix.com/

bcoyle

There are plenty of TV scheduling software.

And in most cases, the "live" part (ie. sending live video from OBS or VMix via NDI) is just a part of playlist. The main purpose of the sotware is to play interrupted playlist scheduled for days,weeks, even months.

The cheapest one is Uniplay One, $55.
Thank you for all the links. I've seen some before, but will take a look at all.

bcoyle

Thank you for all the links. I've seen some before, but will take a look at all.
If you go back thru the messages, you'll see that I'm not trying to do a playlist, but a composited - template driven standard 30/60/90 minute public access tv stream. Otherwise, I'd just buy one of the available playlist programs.

dipsondolphin

Complete automation playlists would be the BEST professional add-on to OBS. I run a TV channel, and I need to play commercials from time to time, like a playlist of commercials, chose randomly inside a major playlist of the program videos. A scheduled playlist that would fit time exactly would also be a dream. How to do that in VLC? We could automate VLC and send it to OBS.
I am looking forward to this solution also.