parsivan

Hi

My setup:
I have a school laptop with i3-10110U processor and intel UHD graphics that i use with a Behringer UMC1820 sound card that i connect using asio plugin to obs. I have 5 mics so 5 inputs sometimes 6. This setup has worked fine enough for school project. It's a podcast for the school. I have 180ms of audio sync offset. I record at 48KHz. and the same sample for the sound card.

Problem:
but one day the problem started showing up every episode. it was fine before. the first part of the video is always ok but then at some point the audio starts to crackle very bad and it looks like it's because the audio is trying to catch up so it speeds up and so it crackled witch happens randomly so i can't even fix the sync in post. i don't have enough experience with obs and it took me a lot of ti

The same recording with nice audio:

The same recording with bad audio:

Tell me if you guys need more info and i will try to get it if possible.

konsolenritter

@aceface I don't think so. You grab every thread you think of "sound crackling" and think that's related to yours.

Here in this thread for instance a weak u-model cpu (even i3!) with no capable gpu was used together with six different audio-ins (solely microphones) the system is not capable to handle full-hd over time. At the end of the video anyone can see that (the laughter of the girl) and every other voice gets totally out of sync by merely seconds.

It's needed that you describe your own problem and provide a log of such session, instead of hijacking other peoples threads.

Last edited:

PaiSand

Hi

My setup:
I have a school laptop with i3-10110U processor and intel UHD graphics that i use with a Behringer UMC1820 sound card that i connect using asio plugin to obs. I have 5 mics so 5 inputs sometimes 6. This setup has worked fine enough for school project. It's a podcast for the school. I have 180ms of audio sync offset. I record at 48KHz. and the same sample for the sound card.

Problem:
but one day the problem started showing up every episode. it was fine before. the first part of the video is always ok but then at some point the audio starts to crackle very bad and it looks like it's because the audio is trying to catch up so it speeds up and so it crackled witch happens randomly so i can't even fix the sync in post. i don't have enough experience with obs and it took me a lot of ti
Please, take a look at the analizer;

You need at least 8GB more RAM to start.

konsolenritter

The obs log file provided lacks any kind of recording or streaming session. Hence we didn't know what went badly during the session in the video.

uuoocl

Changing the "audiodg.exe" process settings in the Task Manager may help.

1. Open the Task Manager as an administrator (right-click in Start Menu then Run as Administrator)
2. Select the "Details" tab along the top
3. Find the "audiodg.exe" process and right-click it (note: if you can't see this process, you haven't opened the Task Manager as an administrator, go back to step 1).
4. Set the priority of "audiodg.exe" to "High"
5. Set the affinity of "audiodg.exe" to a single core e.g. CPU 2

This tip came from youTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71HrZfR_Fro