Resource icon

OBS Lua Advanced Timer 6.0.0

GrumpyDog

@Yorkar Let's see how to problem solve this by starting with your PC specs, OS ect.

Also, have you tried creating a test profile in OBS to try the script without our normal scene and sources?

Yorkar

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
RAM: 16,0 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

i created a test profile in OBS with only the Text (GDI+) as source in a single Szene, and the script to change it.
The very moment i turn the text visible, the fps drops to about half and the time to render the frames gets into the red.
The moment i turn it invisible, everything turn normal again.

tygoz

can you please make it so if it is active it resets it self and than it start of when you make it deactivate it resets itself??

tygoz

To get it working:

In the scripts window, add the script. In "Text source" field, name it to whatever you want.
View attachment 61440
Then add a text source. Name it to the same name in the "Text source" field.
View attachment 61441
Now you can start it back in the scripts window.

I just can't figure out how to start and stop the timer via a hotkey.

i can find it hire
obs64_dkszC6mGNI.png

PixelBeardQc

I am using OBS 28 RC2 and now 3. I cannot edit the timer and text anymore, if I need to change something I have to remove the script and re-add it. Anyone else having this issue on windows?

playlok

Is there how I can change the countup? for example I'm watching a football game and the game is in 10 minutes I want to start from 10 minutes, how?

Dalus

I don't know if I'm just missing something, but is there a way to set a custom start time for countup timers, or is this something that is in the works to be added?

For example if I was streaming a Football/Soccer game, and I forgot to start the timer, and the game was 5 minutes in, could I set it to 5 minutes to account for the delay, or another example: including injury time, the first half ran to 47:00, but for the start of the second half I'd like to reset it to 45:00 for an accurate representation on screen.

This would be super helpful and very beneficial for a lot of people im sure!

DonTheChonk

Hi Guys, wondering if somebody can assist me. I have a timer that is triggered to countdown via a hot key. It is also present on several scenes.

If I start the timer, then switch scene the timer resets, I've tried having it set up on one scene, and all the other scenes copy and pasted via reference, also with a global activation mode.

I can not find a way round the timer resetting.

any advise is appreciated!

Mystic-1

I have 2 needs that I cannot figure out.

1 I'd like to have a sound once the countdown is reached. A bell would be great, an mp3 play would be awesome also. no clue how to make that happen.

2 The other thing I'm trying to figure out is how to have scenes with different count down timers for an event, 5 minute breaks, 1 hour lunch breaks, etc without having to go in and change the script with each time. Can I have multiple instances of the script with name variations?

GrumpyDog

2 The other thing I'm trying to figure out is how to have scenes with different count down timers for an event, 5 minute breaks, 1 hour lunch breaks, etc without having to go in and change the script with each time. Can I have multiple instances of the script with name variations?

Yes. Go to script install location and copy the countdown script for each scene. Every script must have a unique name. Then setup the script for the scene as required.

GrumpyDog

I have 2 needs that I cannot figure out.

1 I'd like to have a sound once the countdown is reached. A bell would be great, an mp3 play would be awesome also. no clue how to make that happen.

Possible to do, but you will need some aditional code in the script to acheive this.

MrFagerberg

Im inexperienced when it comes to script in OBS. I succussed to install this plugin, but I can’t add it within a scene as a source. I haven’t had any problem with other script. Do I need to do something special with this script?

ophidic

So you have a text file with... what, blank? anything? the number format?

As long as it's the same name as the text entry it should work right? However it just displays whatever is in the text file and does absolutely nothing.

ophidic

It's super frustrating struggling with what appears to be a simple timer with absolutely no directions on how to use it.