Resource icon

OBS Lua Advanced Timer 6.0.0

kyabocru

Hi, nice script!

But I've got a problem: if I'm using studio mode my timer will showing only the moment I switched to the scene with the timer source. In my preview, the timer works normaly. It looks like it won't update the timer when the scene is active. Anyone else with a problem like this or is my obs broken?
I am having the same problem. A solution is much appreciated.

Zennmaster

Several people asked here but it seems that their post are INVISIVBLE.
I have the same question so I will ask once again maybe someone will FINALLY see it:

Does this timer have option to start counting up from specific time eg. from 30:00 or 45:00?

If not just write: NO THIS advanced TIMER DOES NOT SUPPORT F'ing COUNTING UP FROM SPECIFIC TIME. PERIOD.
And if there is anybody so kind please write if there's any other script that enebles it?
I've got this question too. My timer somehow un-paused while I was away (I'm blaming my cat :) )so I need to re-start from where I should have left off.

AsherN

Place of worship setting. All events always start at the top or bottom of the hour. I'm using a modified version of this script. Instead of specifying a time, I calculate the time remaining between now and either the top or bottom of the hour.
I stream through Streamspot using their scheduling feature. OBS is set to start with a scene that contains the timer. When the timer reaches 0:00, it switches to a neutral, wide shot of the stage scene. That works fine, and serves a good portion of our needs.

We do have some programs where the default view should be another scene. So right now, I sit there and as soon as the default scene shows up, I switch to the needed one.

I'm always running OBS in studio mode.

Is there a way to have the timer script switch to the queued scene instead of a named scene? Tat way, I could jut queue up the scene I want while the timer counts down.

ndfan77

Place of worship setting. All events always start at the top or bottom of the hour. I'm using a modified version of this script. Instead of specifying a time, I calculate the time remaining between now and either the top or bottom of the hour.
I stream through Streamspot using their scheduling feature. OBS is set to start with a scene that contains the timer. When the timer reaches 0:00, it switches to a neutral, wide shot of the stage scene. That works fine, and serves a good portion of our needs.

We do have some programs where the default view should be another scene. So right now, I sit there and as soon as the default scene shows up, I switch to the needed one.

I'm always running OBS in studio mode.

Is there a way to have the timer script switch to the queued scene instead of a named scene? Tat way, I could jut queue up the scene I want while the timer counts down.

I had the same requirement for almost the same reason. So I forked a copy of cg2121's 5.0.1 here that supports using -1 for the Hour in Specific Time mode and then it just counts minutes and seconds before the Minutes:Seconds values (i.e. 59:59 is the maximum countdown value).

ndfan77 / obs-advanced-timer2

nater

Really like the new feature to switch to a scene when the timer is finished! Whenever I open OBS, the timer automatically starts counting down even though I open up to a completely different scene? I have the timer's activation mode set to "Start timer on activation"? Anything else I can do to keep this from activating at OBS startup?

D

Deleted member 443050

I just spent the last few hours trying to figure out how to start counting up from a specific time, little did I know there was an updated version of the script! Thank you so much!

mikerotchburn

I've set the timer to count up from 2700 seconds (45 minutes) but the timer resets after 60 minutes. I have it in %0m%0s format - I assume it's going into hours but it's hidden. I need it to go up infinitely by minutes until it's switched off. This is for a football timer. Is there a way to fix this?

Last edited: