Advanced Scene Switcher

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.36.1

Since I am using portable OBS, I assume I would need to use portable Advanced Scene Switcher. I'm looking at the documentation for OBS 33 on the subject of the plugin directory structure. I have also downloaded Advanced Scene Switcher 1.36.1 portable for Windows. The OBS 33 doc says there's going to be 2 directories. In my case, they will be named:

C:\OBS-studio\plugins\Advanced Scene Switcher
C:\OBS-studio\plugins\Advanced Scene Switcher\data

I am trying to fit the directories in the portable plugin zip archive for 1.36.1 into the OBS explanation. In your zip archive at the highest level of the tree, you have 2 directories: obs-plugins, data. I am assuming that I will drill down in your zip archive to directory obs-plugins\64bit, a tree structure that will be flattened out of existence in OBS33. From within that directory, I will copy the 2 dll files & the 2 pdb files into my C:\OBS-studio\plugins\Advanced Scene Switcher directory. I will copy the subdirectory named advanced-scene-switcher-plugins from your zip archive into that same directory.

For the data, I will drill down in you zip archive through another directory structure that will also be flattened out of existence, this time it's data\obs-plugins\advanced-scene-switcher. There's 3 subdirectories at that level of your zip archive: licenses, locale, res. I am assuming I will copy those 3 directories into C:\OBS-studio\plugins\Advanced Scene Switcher\data.

This is my attempt to reconcile the old directory structure that appears in your zip archive with the OBS documentation at https://obsproject.com/kb/legacy-plugin-locations in the section with the heading Windows (Portable). Do I have this right? Will I be able to use the advanced-scene-switcher-1.36.1-windows-x64-portable.zip with OBS 33 when it lands? Or will you have to recode anything & issue a new zip file with an updated directory structure? Just to be clear. I'm using portable OBS so I assume I need to use the portable zip file of Advanced Scene Switcher. Is this correct?
I just had a brief look at the details on how the paths have changed with OBS 33:

They new differ even to the old ProgramData paths.
So, none of the existing build artefacts will be in accordance with the new layout. (But as mentioned the old format is still supported until OBS 34)
So, it cannot work the way you have tried it just now.
Sorry about that!

I will have to make adjustments and let you know once something is available for you to try. (Probably tomorrow)
 
Excellent! Thank you! I look forward to your instructions.
You can find a first build which supports the new layout for OBS 33 here:
(GitHub actions link in case it is preferred: https://github.com/WarmUpTill/SceneSwitcher/actions/runs/38058126799)

You can use the advanced-scene-switcher-1.36.0-27-g3b69f7f5-windows-x64.zip archive if you want to install it by hand.
You should also be able to point the advanced-scene-switcher-1.36.0-27-g3b69f7f5-windows-x64-Installer.exe installer to your OBS portable directory and it will figure out where to place the files.

Let me know if everything works as expected or if you run into any issues!
 
I got the zip archive for the manual installation. It contains 4 zip archives. Two of them are destined for the future OBS 33 that is not yet available. Yes, I know, they're up to RC 1. I'm waiting for the general availability.

In the meantime, the other 2 of the 4 zip archives you have supplied are for the current OBS 32. One is labelled portable & the other is not. Even a dummy like me can figure out that the one with portable as part of its file name is the one for me. And I read the README. Yeah. I know. What a concept. So I just unzipped your portable zip into my existing OBS directory (portable, it's not in %APPDATA% or %ProramFiles%) & opened OBS. It recognized the new version of Advanced Scene Switcher. I think I've got it installed twice in different parts of the OBS directory tree, but I don't really care. I am intending to wipe my current portable OBS directory once OBS 33 lands & start over completely from scratch. I opened the Advanced Scene Switcher window within OBS 32 & it looks like everything is there the way it's supposed to be. I haven't actually done anything to exercise it but it seems to be there, waiting for me to do something to exercise it. So thank you for this . . . and I'll thank you again once OBS 33 lands.
 
Back
Top