Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

AaronD

Hi @Warmuptill
, I would like to know if there is a macro that allows me to detect if a webcam is sending video (is it on or off). I want to create a macro that, if the camera is off or does not send video, changes the scene. Is there such a possibility in advance scene switcher? thank you
What happens if the camera is "off"?
Which source type are you using?
Does it show a black image / does the image freeze?
If so you might be able to use the pattern matching functionality of the video condition to detect that state.
To explain that *sightly* better, there's no actual indication that a source has been lost. OBS simply keeps the last frame until the next update, and if it doesn't get updates anymore, it just keeps that frame forever. That's pretty much all you have to go on.

So if there's motion that suddenly stops, that could be useful. Or if the camera driver substitutes something that is clearly not a valid image, that can work too. But if it's something like a security cam staring at an empty alley, that simply keeps the last frame, good luck!

In the last case, maybe you can have a clock in the corner of the camera shot? (like, a physical clock in the camera's optical field of view, not an overlay in OBS) So when the clock stops moving/changing, you know it's dead?

Bairespm

@Warmuptill thanks But how do I do that macro to compare patterns, with a screenshot? like this attach
@AaronD
Thanks for your explanation, I understand better there, now the problem is how I get to correctly create the macro with that pattern.

Maybe I don't explain well. but what I want is for a macro to detect when a camera is not turned on or is tilted. And if that happens, change the scene.

Attachments

• Captura.JPG
    Captura.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 31

Bairespm

This is the last release compatible with OBS 27:

What happens if the camera is "off"?
Which source type are you using?
Does it show a black image / does the image freeze?
If so you might be able to use the pattern matching functionality of the video condition to detect that state.

I am unfortunately not really familiar with the downstream keyer plugin or the obs-midi-mg plugin.
The advanced scene switcher also supports the action to send hotkeys signals to OBS, but I understand you don't want to use this right?

View attachment 94492

Maybe you can utilize the "Source" condition's "is showing" check to determine if a source which is part of the downstream keyer is currently visible?

View attachment 94493

I hope that helps somehow!
Thank you, here I attached some images so that you understand me better. With the downstream keyer plugin I can create new hotkeys... but I have no way to call them from the Macros... or at least I can't find the way to do it. I need to create a macro with the following condition

If hotkey "Show DSK1" is showing play a video.

either

If it is scene 2 showing, turn on hoteky "Show DSK1" Else "hide DSK1"

either

If it is scene 1 or scene 2 or scene 3 showing hotkey "show DSK1"
instead if it is scene 4 or scene 5 or scene 6 hide hotkey "hide DSK1"

I hope I have explained myself better.

thanks for your time

Attachments

• Captura.JPG
    Captura.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Captura2.JPG
    Captura2.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Captura3.JPG
    Captura3.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Captura4.JPG
    Captura4.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 30

Warmuptill

@Warmuptill thanks But how do I do that macro to compare patterns, with a screenshot? like this attach
@AaronD
Thanks for your explanation, I understand better there, now the problem is how I get to correctly create the macro with that pattern.

Maybe I don't explain well. but what I want is for a macro to detect when a camera is not turned on or is tilted. And if that happens, change the scene.
Maybe this example can help you understand how to use the video condition's pattern matching options:

It is very difficult for me to give you concrete advice without having more details what exactly is happening visually when "camera is not turned on or is tilted". :(

Thank you, here I attached some images so that you understand me better. With the downstream keyer plugin I can create new hotkeys... but I have no way to call them from the Macros... or at least I can't find the way to do it. I need to create a macro with the following condition

If hotkey "Show DSK1" is showing play a video.

either

If it is scene 2 showing, turn on hoteky "Show DSK1" Else "hide DSK1"

either

If it is scene 1 or scene 2 or scene 3 showing hotkey "show DSK1"
instead if it is scene 4 or scene 5 or scene 6 hide hotkey "hide DSK1"

I hope I have explained myself better.

thanks for your time
First of all sorry if I am once again misunderstanding what you are asking.

If you want to "press" a hotkey you can use the hotkey action to send the corresponding key press you have configured for this hotkey to OBS.
(See the screenshot I shared previously)

If you want to perform additional actions when pressing a DSK specific hotkey you can use the hotkey condition to create a hotkey which triggers your desired actions.
The crucial step would just be to assign the same keybind to the hotkey used for your DSK and the one used for you macro.

The advanced scene switcher does not have access to the internals of the DSK so it cannot directly know what they DSK hotkey does.
You can however indirectly infer whether the DSK is currently showing or hiding a source using the source condition.
(See the screenshot from my previous reply)

I hope that helps.
If not feel free to message me directly and we can set up a call where you share your screen and work things out live. (This will probably make it easier for me to understand what you are trying to achieve and let you know if this is possible or not)

marcotasto

Hello and thank you for this great plugin!
I've a question about MIDI events. I would like to have a set of scene switches at specific MIDI timecodes. I see that on the GUI is possible to select "Time Code" through the "Type" dropdown, but I'm not sure to have understood how to specify the timecode in the format of hh:mm:ss:ff o whatever. Running plugin version 1.22.1 on Windows. Thank you.

Bairespm

I have a TEXT(GDI+) font that I need to update with new text before streaming.
From the TEXT(GDI+) configuration I make it read a .txt that I manually open and update.
the problem is that i always forget to do it

The question is...
Is there any way from advanced scene switcher to be able, under the condition if advance scene switcher is started, to open a popup where it asks me to write a text and save it in that .txt file that I raise from the TEXT(GDI+) configuration?

From already thank you very much

Warmuptill

I have a TEXT(GDI+) font that I need to update with new text before streaming.
From the TEXT(GDI+) configuration I make it read a .txt that I manually open and update.
the problem is that i always forget to do it

The question is...
Is there any way from advanced scene switcher to be able, under the condition if advance scene switcher is started, to open a popup where it asks me to write a text and save it in that .txt file that I raise from the TEXT(GDI+) configuration?

From already thank you very much
A build with the option ask the user for input is available here in a few minutes:
(The build also contains the hotkey stuff we discussed yesterday)

The variable action has the option to prompt the user for input.
In a later step you can then use this value to modify the settings of text source.

An example macro could look like this:

Variable.PNG

Hello and thank you for this great plugin!
I've a question about MIDI events. I would like to have a set of scene switches at specific MIDI timecodes. I see that on the GUI is possible to select "Time Code" through the "Type" dropdown, but I'm not sure to have understood how to specify the timecode in the format of hh:mm:ss:ff o whatever. Running plugin version 1.22.1 on Windows. Thank you.
Unfortunately I am not sure either at the moment as I don't have any physical midi devices and only used virtual devices for my testing.
I will try to investigate.

Not sure if this is a plugin bug or an OBS bug, but:
View attachment 94436
This is two monitors. OBS is supposed to be on the right one, with that arrangement of docks, but it also copies some of the Macro docks to the left monitor. The copies highlight their buttons when I hover over the main ones, and vice-versa, and when I close either one, the other goes away too.

The first macro dock doesn't do this, and sometimes the second is okay, but it seems like all the rest do.
Can you check if this build resolves the issue?

To be honest I am not quite sure what is going on there.

AaronD

Can you check if this build resolves the issue?

To be honest I am not quite sure what is going on there.
Whatever it is, seems to work. Thank you!

Is that the only change from the previous release? Just wondering how safe it is to put this testing build on the production machine.

Warmuptill

Whatever it is, seems to work. Thank you!

Is that the only change from the previous release? Just wondering how safe it is to put this testing build on the production machine.
I think it should be safe to use as there were no changes to existing functionality. (But I cannot give a guarantee)

Changes are limited to the source condition and action (only UI related), the support for configuring additional stream related settings using the streaming action type and the addition to prompt the user for variable values was added to the variable action type.

Detailed list of changes can be found here:

If you prefer I can start a build based on the 1.22.1 release + cherry-pick of the fix for the dock UI issue.

Last edited:

AaronD

I think it should be safe to use as there were no changes to existing functionality. (But I cannot give a guarantee)

Changes are limited to the source condition and action (only UI related), the support for configuring additional stream related settings using the streaming action type and the addition to prompt the user for variable values was added to the variable action type.

Detailed list of changes can be found here:

If you prefer I can start a build based on the 1.22.1 release + cherry-pick of the fix for the dock UI issue.
It's not an immediate pressing issue. That machine normally runs from the Multiview anyway, so I can hide the errant docks under the browser window that monitors the YouTube stream. Just a bit of confusion for someone else who might need to run it is all.

How far off do you think the next formal release would be? I'd rather keep that machine on those, as long as they don't break anything. Either 1.23.x or 1.22.2.

Bairespm

A build with the option ask the user for input is available here in a few minutes:
(The build also contains the hotkey stuff we discussed yesterday)

The variable action has the option to prompt the user for input.
In a later step you can then use this value to modify the settings of text source.

An example macro could look like this:

View attachment 94571
Excellent, thank you very much, it is really very good. The only thing I would do is remove that text in the "assign value to variable" popup, it would only leave the title that we put on it
since if another operator grabs the pc and a sign pops up, he will not know what to do

Yes, I saw what was spoken by the hotkey. It's really amazing. Now it works like a charm. I am very thankfull for your help

Bairespm

I've seen that you could use a timer in advance scene switcher but I don't see how to show it in a source..

Example: I want to put a countdown before starting the streaming and I can't find the way in the macros. I only found how to use a timer internally if it is displayed

Another thing that I would like is to be able to show the transmission time of a scene that is on the program. can it?

thanks for your time

Bairespm

Excelente, muchas gracias, es realmente muy bueno. Yo lo unico que haria seria quitar ese texto en el popup de "asignar valor a la variable", solo dejaria el titulo que le ponemos
ya que si otro operador agarra la pc y le sale un cartel no sabra que hacer

Sí, vi lo que dijo la tecla de acceso rápido. Es realmente increíble. Ahora funciona como un encanto! estoy muy agradecida por tu ayuda
1685384615763.png

Warmuptill

How far off do you think the next formal release would be? I'd rather keep that machine on those, as long as they don't break anything. Either 1.23.x or 1.22.2.
I have no concrete plans yet.
Depends on if any urgent issues pop up. :)

hi @Warmuptill Here I notify a bug, in the new hotkey frontend the name of the variable is being filtered in scenes and in sources
look
View attachment 94593View attachment 94594
That is intended.
You can use variables in source / scene selection fields.

Warmuptill

@Warmuptill I would like to ask you if the name of the popup could be removed? . Thanks for your great help
A build with the requested functionality will be available here in a few minutes:
Let me know if everything works as you expect! :)

Variable.PNG