Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.3

Nesonica

Hi @Warmuptill , thank you for this gorgeous plugin! I wanted to trigger a message on my Discord Announcement Channel when starting a specific scene of my OBS Studio. is that possible?

AaronD

I wanted to trigger a message on my Discord Announcement Channel when starting a specific scene of my OBS Studio. is that possible?
Probably not directly, but there is the Run action, which can be used to start an external "something". If you can write or copy a script (Windows batch, Linux bash, Python, etc.) that sends a message to Discord, then you can trigger that script from the Run action in AdvSS.

CodeYan

1.20.2 appears to have bug where Unpause macro doesn't retick the macro. Discussion and screenshots here. I made them downgrade to 1.19.2 and it worked. Thanks for the massive update!

g8ofq

I have 6 scenes and I need to switch in sequence with a delay of 30 seconds for each scene. How do I make a macro for this?

AaronD

I have 6 scenes and I need to switch in sequence with a delay of 30 seconds for each scene. How do I make a macro for this?

@Warmuptill Could that be made easier to find? Maybe keep a prominent link at the top of the Overview page (not halfway down) that goes to https://github.com/WarmUpTill/SceneSwitcher/wiki , and put a table of contents on that page in addition to the sidebar?

Warmuptill

1.20.2 appears to have bug where Unpause macro doesn't retick the macro. Discussion and screenshots here. I made them downgrade to 1.19.2 and it worked. Thanks for the massive update!
First off all thanks a lot for always supporting people on Discord! :)

I think we are only dealing with an visual issue here.
Or at least I cannot really think of a way how the update would affect the pause / unpause macro functionality in any way.

Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce the issue so far using a setup like this

image.png

I've been running into that recently, as well.
Yeah.

Can you maybe share the configuration that is causing this issue for you?

g8ofq

@Warmuptill Could that be made easier to find? Maybe keep a prominent link at the top of the Overview page (not halfway down) that goes to https://github.com/WarmUpTill/SceneSwitcher/wiki , and put a table of contents on that page in addition to the sidebar?
This is the old Advanced Scene Switcher - I am using the latest version 1.20.2, which only has the General and Macro tabs.

AlecsFR

Hi @Warmuptill !
Thank a lot for this very powerful plugin !
I have one question. Is it possible to increment a variable without decimal ?

I want, when My scene is play, increment a file .txt and add +1 not +1.00000
I try "Variable, Increment, var" but It's only with decimal.
Thanks !

Attachments

• Sans titre-1.jpg
    Sans titre-1.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 11

AaronD

This is the old Advanced Scene Switcher - I am using the latest version 1.20.2, which only has the General and Macro tabs.
No, it's the Macro tab, but for an old version that still showed them all by default. Macros still work the same way as shown there.

AaronD

Are you storing numbers in the file as text? Otherwise, there's no difference.

That said, what it looks like you're doing is reading a file into a variable, incrementing that variable, and storing it back to the file. What happens if you just write the variable out, when it doesn't have a fractional value? Does it just write the integer part without the trailing zeros?

I think this is a case of understanding ALL of the possible uses. Some of us want to use fractional values. How should we do that? How should the system differentiate it? SHOULD the system differentiate it? If you understand mathematics, you'll know that 1.00000... = 1, so a potential problem really only exists when converting to text. Hence my question above.

(if you understand IEEE 754 floating point, you'll also know that not every integer can be stored exactly, but you have to get some pretty big numbers for that to happen...if it even *is* IEEE 754 under the hood; it might be something else)

jegadk

Sorry if I am simply misunderstanding something, but in the log everything seems fine:

Code:
Master:
info: [adv-ss] sent event "Camera" to connected clients
Slave:
info: [adv-ss] received event msg "Camera"
info: [adv-ss] condition websocket returned 1
info: [adv-ss] Macro Camera returned 1

If you are having issues with your "Feature" Macro on the "Slave" side I would guess that this is caused by the websocket condition containing an additional tab in the message.
So the "Slave" expects Feature while the Master sends Feature.

Unfortunately I am not really familiar with what can be done with a streamdeck in regards to the communication with the advanced scene switcher.
If the streamdeck is able to simulate key presses you can simply register a hotkey to pause the given macros.

Sorry if I am simply misunderstanding something, but in the log everything seems fine:

Code:
Master:
Slave:
info: [adv-ss] condition websocket returned 1
info: [adv-ss] Macro Camera returned 1

If you are having issues with your "Feature" Macro on the "Slave" side I would guess that this is caused by the websocket condition containing an additional tab in the message.
So the "Slave" expects Feature while the Master sends Feature.

Unfortunately I am not really familiar with what can be done with a streamdeck in regards to the communication with the advanced scene switcher.
If the streamdeck is able to simulate key presses you can simply register a hotkey to pause the given macros.

View attachment 90921
Hi.

Didn't see the pause hotkey assignment in the obs studio settings. This did the trick. On streamdeck setup a hotkey switch and assigned it same key as "toggle pause of macro xxxxx". Now i can toogle on/off (pause) every macro

Thanks for the hint.

CodeYan

One more bug that i have noticed for a long time (just didn't bother reporting it), the default name of the settings backup does not take into account special characters in the name of the scene collection. My scene collection is named 24/7, and the default name would just start with 7 then the time stamp. Might be worth just automatically changing the file name to replace the special characters with underscores or something.

CodeYan

First off all thanks a lot for always supporting people on Discord! :)

I think we are only dealing with an visual issue here.
Or at least I cannot really think of a way how the update would affect the pause / unpause macro functionality in any way.

Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce the issue so far using a setup like this

View attachment 91031

Can you maybe share the configuration that is causing this issue for you?
You may be right, I tried to do a setup similar to what the user on discord did. It unpausing the macro worked normally.

Warmuptill

Hi @Warmuptill !
Thank a lot for this very powerful plugin !
I have one question. Is it possible to increment a variable without decimal ?

I try "Variable, Increment, var" but It's only with decimal.
Thanks !
That is not possible at the moment.
I will add the option to round the variable values to the nearest integer to the todo list.
Thanks for the suggestion!

J Sparq

After updating obs studio and advanced scene switcher my macros were gone. I previously exported my settings and now I imported those settings. But no macros appear in the settings. I also restarted obs studio.

I now opened to have a look at the text-file. It´s not that much text. Is this normal?
{"active":false,"audioFallbackDuration":0.0,"audioFallbackEnable":false,"audioFallbackScene":"","audioFallbackTargetType":0,"audioFallbackTransition":"","audioSwitches":[],"audioTabPos":12,"autoStartEvent":0,"cooldown":0.0,"defaultTransitions":[],"disableHints":false,"exeTabPos":4,"executableSwitches":[],"fileSwitches":[],"fileTabPos":7,"generalTabPos":0,"idleEnable":false,"idleSceneName":"","idleTabPos":10,"idleTargetType":0,"idleTime":60,"idleTransitionName":"","ignoreIdleWindows":[],"ignoreWindows":[],"interval":300,"mediaSwitches":[],"mediaTabPos":6,"noMatchDelay":0.0,"non_matching_scene":"","oldPauseValuesImported":1,"pauseEntries":[],"pauseTabPos":2,"priority0":0,"priority1":1,"priority2":2,"priority3":3,"priority4":4,"priority5":5,"priority6":6,"priority7":7,"priority8":8,"randomSwitches":[],"randomTabPos":8,"readEnabled":false,"readPath":"","regionTabPos":5,"sceneGroupTabPos":13,"sceneGroups":[],"sceneRoundTrip":[],"sceneTransitions":[],"screenRegion":[],"sequenceTabPos":11,"startHotkey":[],"startup_behavior":0,"stopHotkey":[],"switch_if_not_matching":0,"switches":[],"tansitionOverrideOverride":false,"threadPriority":3,"timeSwitches":[],"timeTabPos":9,"titleTabPos":3,"toggleHotkey":[],"transitionTabPos":1,"triggerTabPos":14,"triggers":[],"verbose":false,"version":"81d91a913905f03367b8946183b2510b0c6874f6","writeEnabled":false,"writePath":""}

Also after importing the settings I get a message saying the import was sucessfull. Then the plugin settings window closes. Is this the normal behavior?

Attachments

• advanced scene switcher settings backup.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 12

Enko63

I'm probably missing something simple like just not putting things in the correct syntax.

For a macro that will execute based on the contents of a txt file, can you only put one term in the box or can you put a list of terms?
section:
If -> File -> Local File -> [file name] -> Browse -> matches

I can get the macro to work fine with a single term in the box. I would like to be able to put a list of terms and if the txt file matches any of the terms to execute

There is a checkbox to enable regular expressions with the following options: Allow partial match, Match case insensitive, . matches newlines, ^ and $ match start/end of line, Enable Qt's ExtendedPatternSyntax.

. matches newlines or ^ and $ match start/end of line seem to be what I would need to make a list but I guess I don't know what syntax to put the list in to get these to work. Tried putting a . in front of each term or at the end of each term to mark a newline and also tried putting ^ and $ and the start/end of each line.

As I said, probably something simple like I just need the correct syntax.
If a list cannot be done, then I'll just make a separate macro for every term.