Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.3

AaronD

@AaronD Thank you for the reply. That looks like a solution I have to try. But is it possible to make a more leen and just play a Videofile only when I switch from Live Start to Live Game or Live Lobby? At the moment it plays over and over and dont stop but no loop or anything is checked.
More leen? What's that?

Anyway, if I understand you correctly, I don't know of a way to do that, except to make some overly-complicated scenes. There might be a literal transition that you can install and use, that plays an arbitrary video file, but I think the better way to do it is to have a bunch of trivial scenes like I suggested above. That also answers the follow-up question of how to transition into and out of the intro video, as the normal transitions become available for this, just like anything else.

As for why it's looping without the box being checked, I don't know either. I suspect, mostly by the terminology that you use, that you fundamentally misunderstand how the tools work and what the labels mean (everyone has to start somewhere), and so you've inadvertently created a Rube-Goldberg loop.
One possible explanation is that your macro is getting triggered more than you realize (the condition IS technically true...), and so a repeated Play command looks like a loop.

Last edited:

BarrySDCA

What happened to the sequence tab? I imported from the backup and it is switching but I can't seem to find the tab?? thank you in advance.
Screenshot from 2022-07-02 08-53-22.png

BarrySDCA

Ugh, I see it's all macros now. That's cool, I can recreate the sequence. But I previously imported a sequence and it's running, and I can't see where to clear that all out. How do I reset advanced scene switcher to clear the config? thank you

Warmuptill

@AaronD Thank you for the reply. That looks like a solution I have to try. But is it possible to make a more leen and just play a Videofile only when I switch from Live Start to Live Game or Live Lobby? At the moment it plays over and over and dont stop but no loop or anything is checked.
I think you can use your originally shared macro setup and just need to tick the "Perform actions only on condition change" button.

The way it is configured in the screenshot will continue to restart the playback as the condition "previous scene is Live Start" is continuously true unless you once again switch to a different scene.

I hope that helps! :)

Benjamins

This plugin is more than just a auto scene switcher. I been using this to trigger sources visibility on specific conditions.

There is however one thing that I wish you could explain is the run and arguments on Macro. I want one of my scene change to trigger a bat file to open, but it won't. When I put an exe program to run, it runs multiple instances of that program infinitely until I disable the Macro. I hope you could provide a little tutorial on that.

View attachment 84164
I was hoping to use this with a .bat but sad to see it doesn't work, want it to copy + rename the replay buffer save

BarrySDCA

Similar issue here. I'm using "RUN' and pointing it to a .sh file, but it doesn't appear to be running. Are there docs anywhere for this feature? thank you much

BenAndo

What does "warning: enabling and disabling sources globally cannot be controlled by the OBS UI" mean?
1656981650660.png

When I try to use this plugin to enable a source it doesn't work. Should it be able to, or is that what the warning means? Is there anyway to have it enable a source?

FoxKeegan

What does "warning: enabling and disabling sources globally cannot be controlled by the OBS UI" mean?
View attachment 84620

When I try to use this plugin to enable a source it doesn't work. Should it be able to, or is that what the warning means? Is there anyway to have it enable a source?

Can't say for certain what that error means, but if I had to guess, I'd wager it means that if you disable a source using that macro, you must re-enable it again with the same macro, as there's no way to use the OBS application's user interface to re-enable it manually with a click.

If that's true, it would explain your next question. You're trying to enable a source globally. If you haven't used a macro to first disable said source globally, the macro has nothing to enable, as it's already enabled.

Again, guessing as I've never even seen enable/disable in OBS in reference to anything but audio devices--when configured globally--and I wouldn't want to mess with that using a macro. I'd wager you can use this macro to simply make a source completely either disappear from the sources list, or have it so its visibility is toggled off, with no way to toggle it back on without using a macro. Sounds like an interesting feature I didn't know this plug-in had, as I never went looking for something I didn't think OBS supported!

If you're just looking to toggle a source on or off (visible, audible), I'd recommend using the scene item visibility macro. You do need to specify the scene where you'd like the source toggled, but this does give you more control, since it means you can leave it enabled in other scenes. If you use it in a lot of scenes but really want the macro to hide it in a lot of them, I'd recommend nesting a scene just for that source within your other scenes, and specifying the source-specific scene in the visibility macro. It'll apply to any other scenes that scene is within.

1657005345044.png

Warmuptill

I was hoping to use this with a .bat but sad to see it doesn't work, want it to copy + rename the replay buffer save
Similar issue here. I'm using "RUN' and pointing it to a .sh file, but it doesn't appear to be running. Are there docs anywhere for this feature? thank you much
I would suggest to first check whether or not the action is being performed by either enabling highlighting of recently executed actions or enabling verbose logging. (More details can be found here)

In general you have to be very careful when using relative paths in your scripts when executing a script via the "Run" options as any relative paths will be interpreted relative to the OBS application.

If you have a concrete example of a script that is causing issues let me know and I can try to help figure things out! :)

@Warmuptill With the swap scene now being under Studio Mode, it seems that you can't set the transition type and duration anymore.

Thanks as always
The "scene swap" action never supported also specifying a transition as far as I know.
Maybe I am misunderstanding something / mixing something up here?

CodeYan

The "scene swap" action never supported also specifying a transition as far as I know.
Maybe I am misunderstanding something / mixing something up here?
I must have been confused, I thought that in "Switch Scene", you could select the "Preview Scene", then set a transition type and duration. I suppose that was the "Previous Scene", which would be different. Well, I still believe there is merit in allowing to set the transition type and duration for swap scene.

Returning to this since the big reworking of the interface - just wondering if this 'multiple audio sources' trigger is still possible within the new Macros interface? I couldn't work out where it might be:

As something like this was requested multiple times over the last couple of days I added a simpler version of your suggestion:

View attachment 65484
If that should suffice for your use case also you can find a first build with these changes here in a couple of minutes:
(Downloading the release might require you to be logged into Github - if that is an issue for you let me know)

I would appreciate if you could give this a try and let me know if you run into any issues.

THE R3Y3S

Hi man, just a question. I'm starting to use in macro tab the possibility to control the audio volume of a source between scenes. Isn't there a possibility to start the fade during the transition or on the transition points? And not after the transition is totaly complete

AaronD

Hi man, just a question. I'm starting to use in macro tab the possibility to control the audio volume of a source between scenes. Isn't there a possibility to start the fade during the transition or on the transition points? And not after the transition is totaly complete
Maybe you can have two macros, either with the same condition(s), or have one always true but normally paused and have the other unpause it. (that way the condition only appears once, instead of getting bug-fixed in one place but not the other and causing headaches because it still doesn't work right) Then the normally-paused one pauses itself again when it's done.

Either way, I think the key is probably this option here:
1657730521297.png
If I understand correctly, the actions within a single macro are strictly sequential, which is why the Wait action works, but you can run multiple macros at the same time using that option.

All the macros that don't have that option checked are run sequentially, just like their actions are, while the macros that do have it checked are each on their own, independently and simultaneously. Welcome to multithreading, to use a computing term, and all of the benefits and pitfalls that come with that!

KillianM

I'm trying to setup a macro so that when I save the replay buffer, it saves, then stops, then starts the replay buffer to clear the buffer so there's no overlap with the next save, much like how the user aludes to doing here - https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/smarter-replay-buffer-options.156347/
This seems simple enough in my head but I'm having trouble getting it to work, here's what I've got below. Am I missing something here? It almost seems like the actions are kicking off before the previous one has completed. I'd really prefer not to add waits in between steps if it can be avoided so that if I do have to sync up the recordings there isn't a gap. Any advice would be appreciated.
1657752096073.png

Warmuptill

Returning to this since the big reworking of the interface - just wondering if this 'multiple audio sources' trigger is still possible within the new Macros interface? I couldn't work out where it might be:
The Audio tab is still available in this state.
You just have to uncheck the "Hide tabs which can be represented via macros" on the General tab.

If you want to use macros you can combine multiple audio conditions with the "and" logic for similar behaviour.
Depending on the amount of microphones you might have to setup multiple macros.

MultiAudio.PNG

Yes, it is possible to start an audio fade *during* an transition for example using a setup similar to this.

Fade.PNG

For an overview of the possible combinations to trigger actions during a transition have a look at this overview:

I'm trying to setup a macro so that when I save the replay buffer, it saves, then stops, then starts the replay buffer to clear the buffer so there's no overlap with the next save, much like how the user aludes to doing here - https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/smarter-replay-buffer-options.156347/
This seems simple enough in my head but I'm having trouble getting it to work, here's what I've got below. Am I missing something here? It almost seems like the actions are kicking off before the previous one has completed. I'd really prefer not to add waits in between steps if it can be avoided so that if I do have to sync up the recordings there isn't a gap. Any advice would be appreciated.
View attachment 84825
As you have guessed already, your current setup does not work as the function calls to save, stop and start the replay buffer are not "blocking" until they are complete.
You will have to add some delay to make sure that the previous replay action did have enough time to complete.
To reduce the necessary delay to a minimum you can split up the macro into three separate macros.

Buffer1.PNG
Buffer2.PNG
Buffer3.PNG

Hope that helps!
Let me know if you have any questions!

FAT9L

Thanks for reporting the issue and sorry about the late reply!
I have an idea what might cause this.
A build with a potential fix will be available here in a few minutes:
Note that you have to be logged into GitHub to be able to download it.
I would appreciate if you could give this a try and report back if everything works as expected.
My apologies, I never got a notification for your reply. Will login on github and test it now.

FAT9L

Thanks for reporting the issue and sorry about the late reply!
I have an idea what might cause this.
A build with a potential fix will be available here in a few minutes:
Note that you have to be logged into GitHub to be able to download it.
I would appreciate if you could give this a try and report back if everything works as expected.
This fixed the issue completely! Anything that calls on a replay buffer command works as intended now. Thank you so much.