Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.4

MiamiPDScanner

I was wondering about conditioning the start stream on not steaming… I haven’t really looked too much into it. “Time” seemed so much easier to be honest. Can you even condition a start stream on a stopped condition? If so, can this been done AFTER 2 minutes? Off the top of my head I can see the “after” option but I’m not at my computer right now.
Ok, you piqued my interest!! Lol… I just dragged myself out of bed and yes, you can condition and wait on stopped streaming.

I’m going to give that a try. In my mind, this has to work! You’re a genius AaronD!!! Hahahahahah! I’ll let you know!

AaronD

I was wondering about conditioning the start stream on not steaming… I haven’t really looked too much into it. “Time” seemed so much easier to be honest. Can you even condition a start stream on a stopped condition? If so, can this been done AFTER 2 minutes? Off the top of my head I can see the “after” option but I’m not at my computer right now.
I was thinking about this, in theory:
1655785489255.png

The one to stop is unchanged, since that one works.

Or you could do this:
1655785683423.png

Might need another Wait at the end, so it doesn't run over itself in case it takes a while for the indication of Streaming to come through, but you get the idea.

Last edited:

MiamiPDScanner

I was thinking about this, in theory:
View attachment 84306
The one to stop is unchanged, since that one works.

Or you could do this:
View attachment 84307
Might need another Wait at the end, so it doesn't run over itself in case it takes a while for the indication of Streaming to come through, but you get the idea.

Hey, thanks again ArronD!

Tried it this way last night and it worked. Failed to work again this morning.

Funny thing though, when I moved the mouse, two minutes later the start streaming macro kicked on. Even funnier, the stop streaming macro clearly worked before my mouse movement as I was still in bed when all the streams stopped...

I walked over to the machine at 07:59 and all the streams had been stopped... I waited until 08:00 expecting all the streams to start and nothing... gave it an extra minute, still nothing. Moved the mouse at 08:01. At ~08:03, streams started...

There must be something going on with an idle state somewhere. Although all sleeping, hibernate and suspend has been disabled on this system. I have just installed Caffeine and a mouse jiggler and I will see what happens again at 4pm.

Weird that STOP works but not START...

AaronD

Hey, thanks again ArronD!

Tried it this way last night and it worked. Failed to work again this morning.

Funny thing though, when I moved the mouse, two minutes later the start streaming macro kicked on. Even funnier, the stop streaming macro clearly worked before my mouse movement as I was still in bed when all the streams stopped...

I walked over to the machine at 07:59 and all the streams had been stopped... I waited until 08:00 expecting all the streams to start and nothing... gave it an extra minute, still nothing. Moved the mouse at 08:01. At ~08:03, streams started...

There must be something going on with an idle state somewhere. Although all sleeping, hibernate and suspend has been disabled on this system. I have just installed Caffeine and a mouse jiggler and I will see what happens again at 4pm.

Weird that STOP works but not START...
I was just going to suggest the mouse jiggler too.

And you're right. That is weird. Gotta be a bug somewhere, but we still don't know where.

HerrStoy

So you want to loop an unspecified number of times (practically infinite), and then set a flag so that the next end-of-loop moves on instead of looping?
I would like to switch to the next scene only when the looping video reaches its end (before looping again).

HerrStoy

Have you considered using a macro setup similar to this one in combination with the hotkeys for unpausing macros?

View attachment 84151

Once this macro is unpaused it will wait for the end of the looping media source by checking the remaining time.
If the remaining time is below the specified threshold a scene switch to "Scene" will be triggered.
As final step the macro will "disarm" itself again by pausing itself.

The hotkey to unpause and thus enable this macro can be bound in the OBS settings menu.

View attachment 84152

Hope that helps!
I haven't thought of performing this this way, I will give it a try and let you know if it works.

MiamiPDScanner

Oh! I must have read that wrong. Sorry! 2 minutes should be way more than enough, at least for your local machine.

I was wondering too, as I posted that, if the receiving end either:
  • Rejected it for a similar reason (maybe it takes longer to wrap up a stream on that end?), or
  • Considered it to be a continuation of the previous stream, and so provided the wrong feedback, which caused OBS to drop it. With a legitimate network glitch, OBS *expects* the feedback to be from the previous stream and so it gracefully restarts. But that's not what you're doing. OBS is now running a *new* stream, but the server thinks it just saw a network glitch in the old stream and continues to provide that feedback. Because the old feedback doesn't match the new attempt, OBS drops it.
But I rejected those ideas because the 2-second dead time (as I thought) seemed more pressing.
I don't want to speak too soon but I think you were on to something here... Particularly on your first point.

I have now had two, fully successful, back-to-back rotations of both the start and stop macros. Although as I mentioned earlier, I did add Caffeine and a jiggler, I'm still not convinced that a stale, sleep, or idle state was the problem.

However, I did notice some different behavior based on your suggestion to start streaming after a stopped state trigger... I set the wait interval to 2 minutes and it always takes longer than two minutes. About 4, more or less. So along with your suggestion above, I think I figured out why.

On all my tests, I simply throw up a feed for a few minutes, let the macro stop it, wait the two minutes and then the start macro fires off. Works every time I'm sitting at the computer but, not because the computer is not idle. It works because the video that I'm stopping is only, at most, 15 minutes long, for testing!!!

As you can imagine, a video that is 8 hours long is going to have to do substantially more parsing of buffers and "wrapping up" before OBS is satisfied that the stream has actually ended. This is, of course, assuming that OBS is waiting for this response (which I am not sure of but it definitely sounds reasonable). I've arrived at this conclusion because why would the START macro, which is set for two minutes, fire off in 4? The only thing that makes sense to me is that the STOP macro fires but the "stop state" isn't actually "true" until about 2 minutes after. Aaaaaand...2+2=4, as they say...literally. Makes sense to me anyway.

Anyhow, so far so good. I'll check back in in a few days to confirm all is well.

Thank you again AaronD!! I appreciate all of your time, effort and patience!

One other thing. The reason it wasn't working before and why I think there was no error, is because "technically" we were still streaming when the "start streaming" macro fired off... Would be nice if there was a log entry that said so, but hey, what would we need the obs project forums for, right?? HAHAHA!!!

HerrStoy

Have you considered using a macro setup similar to this one in combination with the hotkeys for unpausing macros?

View attachment 84151

Once this macro is unpaused it will wait for the end of the looping media source by checking the remaining time.
If the remaining time is below the specified threshold a scene switch to "Scene" will be triggered.
As final step the macro will "disarm" itself again by pausing itself.

The hotkey to unpause and thus enable this macro can be bound in the OBS settings menu.

View attachment 84152

Hope that helps!
The macro pause tips is brilliant. Thanks for that.
The rest is not working as I want it to.
It is interrupting the playing video everytime I run the macro.
I wanna run the macro, and the scene switching should not happen before the end of the video.

AaronD

The macro pause tips is brilliant. Thanks for that.
The rest is not working as I want it to.
It is interrupting the playing video everytime I run the macro.
I wanna run the macro, and the scene switching should not happen before the end of the video.
It didn't when I tried it. You can scroll back to see my version.

FoxKeegan

Thank you very much for adding "Days of the week" to the macros

I'd been moving them to each date manually up until now, but I've macros that automate certain tasks depending on which day of the week it is, and this will make it even less overhead now that it's taking care of all that for me.
(E.g. My wife isn't in the stream on Wednesdays, so her camera and mic are automatically toggled off. The title card we use is different each day of the week, etc. Could I just click on a different scene depending on the day? Yeah. But that'd result in a ton of extra scenes. Plus, it's all automated thanks to this plugin, so it rotates through the scenes itself)

Blurf

Looking for help regarding How to create a Basic Macro to simply switch from scene_1 to scene_2 and back to scene_1?
There's a camera in scene_1 & a camera in scene_2. That's it.
Please accept my apologies if I am in the wrong area?
Thank You for anything you can do for me!
Sincerely!

Warmuptill

Here's what I do and why I need your help please?
New to the Advanced Scene Switcher....
Need the Macro code for simply switching between five cameras without Hotkeys?
My intentions are to record a 90 second video that automatically switches between five separate scenes with a single camera in each?
Thank you for any help you may provide....
Sincerely!
Have a look at this guide for an example on how to set this up:

Javi Villanueva

Hello Warmuptill,

I have a question about Advancer Scene Switcher 1.17.7. When I entry in the main menu I only have 4 options, General, Macro, Red and Scene Groups.

After, If I move my mouse with wheel, suddenly appears the rest of options. You can see the attach. May be a bug or Do I have a problem with something?

Thanks you so much.

Attachments

• Imagen.png
    Imagen.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 17

Warmuptill

Hello Warmuptill,

I have a question about Advancer Scene Switcher 1.17.7. When I entry in the main menu I only have 4 options, General, Macro, Red and Scene Groups.

After, If I move my mouse with wheel, suddenly appears the rest of options. You can see the attach. May be a bug or Do I have a problem with something?

Thanks you so much.
You can show the old tabs by unchecking the following option on the General tab.
175113964-fd4c50b7-aac8-4b50-84bf-ecd8f8eb39b3.png

DaReaLDeviL

I try to setup to play my intro (mp4 or webm File) when I switch from Live Start to Live Lobby or Live Game. But I only get a infity loop of the video.
I alternatively could set a stinger and only play when I switch away from Live Start - but I don't know how to create it.

Please help me to achive my goal.

Thanks in advnaced.

intro.png

AaronD

I try to setup to play my intro (mp4 or webm File) when I switch from Live Start to Live Lobby or Live Game. But I only get a infity loop of the video.
I alternatively could set a stinger and only play when I switch away from Live Start - but I don't know how to create it.

Please help me to achive my goal.

Thanks in advnaced.

View attachment 84491
Do you switch scenes manually, and want the intro video to effectively be an elaborate transition? If so, then you might create two scenes that both have that video in it, switch manually to one of *those*, and then switch automatically from that to your ultimate target scene.

5 scenes total:
- Live Start
- Intro to Live Lobby (end of video switches automatically to Live Lobby)
- Intro to Live Game (end of video switches automatically to Live Game)
- Live Lobby
- Live Game

Your hotkeys, or whatever method you use, switch to the "Intro to..." scenes, and not the final destinations.

---

Note: "Play Video" does not mean "show the video to the audience". You show a *scene* to the audience, which can contain anything you want, essentially "PowerPoint style" but with media instead of just text and clipart. "Play Video" simply starts the video running, wherever it happens to be in that structure. It does not necessarily show it to the audience.

Last edited:

DaReaLDeviL

@AaronD Thank you for the reply. That looks like a solution I have to try. But is it possible to make a more leen and just play a Videofile only when I switch from Live Start to Live Game or Live Lobby? At the moment it plays over and over and dont stop but no loop or anything is checked.