Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

Kenshin9977

I have a weird issue when I launch my DiscordOverlay window through the macros of this plugin.
The way it usually works is that I get the Discord's overlay that appears on the windows after a few seconds. It works when I start it through my Stream Deck, a .bat file and by manually running it. But the overlay never appears when I start it through this plugin. I also tried to run a .bat that starts DiscordOverlay.exe through the macros but I get the same result ; no Discord overlay.

Warmuptill

I have a weird issue when I launch my DiscordOverlay window through the macros of this plugin.
The way it usually works is that I get the Discord's overlay that appears on the windows after a few seconds. It works when I start it through my Stream Deck, a .bat file and by manually running it. But the overlay never appears when I start it through this plugin. I also tried to run a .bat that starts DiscordOverlay.exe through the macros but I get the same result ; no Discord overlay.
I am sorry to hear that you are having issues.

How exactly are you trying to start the script?
What type of condition are you using?
Do you happen to have log file of when the issue occurred? (with verbose logging enabled - See general tab)
Can you modify the script so it creates a dummy file when being run to make sure it is actually being executed?
Would you be able to share your plugin settings? (Can be exported to a file on the general tab)

Kenshin9977

Well the weird thing is that the macro is clearly working correctly as the application is properly launched.
But I think I found the issue and it has nothing to do with your plugin. It won't work if I start my program with admin privileges. Since I start OBS with admin privileges, the macro starts my program using the same privileges. For an unkown reason, Discord won't put its overlay on my application when it runs as admin.
Anyhow, sorry for the false alarm, your plugin is a godsend ^^

Warmuptill

@grit60 and @Kniraven, I now added the option to use the alpha channel of a specified pattern file as a mask for the pattern.
VideoCondition.PNG

This should now in theory allow you to set up the desired macros for detecting the number of participants in the video conferencing software.

When using this option, instead of using a rectangle to match the video output of a source it allows you to use a kind of "stencil" to match its content instead.

To use your example screenshot of a video call I created the following two patterns:
  • One for two video call participants:
    twoUsersPattern.png
  • Another for three video call participants:
    threeUsersPattern.png
Note the transparent parts of these templates.
Anything that is transparent can be filled with arbitrary content and the pattern will still match as long as the rest of the pattern matches.

Using the following macros I set up automated scene switches for a scene will two users in the video call and a second one for three users in the video call.

twoUsersMacro.PNG

threeUsersMacro.PNG

(I highly assume that the layout used by the actual video call software will much different to examples I used and thus the "And not Macro ..." part will most likely not be necessary)

Using the following input will result in a scene switch to the "threeUsersScene":
threeUsers2.png

threeUsers.png

And this example will result in a scene switch to "twoUsersScene":
twoUsers.png

A build with this feature will be available here in a few minutes:

Note that you have to be logged into GitHub to be able to download the test build.

Let me know if you have any questions / feedback!
I also would appreciate if you could let me know if everything also works as expected on your end using a similar setup. :)

Last edited:

Urbanian

Running OBS 27.1.3 and Advanced Scene Switcher from August 12 2021 (sorry, I can't find a version number). I'm trying to use the Advanced Scene Switcer media rule (if that's the right term) so that several different scenes will each play a video and then automatically switch back to a default scene. (Basically, when I switch to one of the two scenes a video will play, then it should switch back to the default scene.)

I'm running MacOS.

I have two scenes, Scene A (with a media source Video A) and Scene B (with a media source Video B).

I defined two rules saying:
when Video A is Played to End switch to scene DefaultScene
when Video B is Played to End switch to scene DefaultScene
(I also tried Ended instead of Played to End, with no different results.)

This works only for the first media source in the list; when Video A in Scene A finishes playing the scene switches to DefaultScene. When Video B plays in Scene B the scene doesn't switch.

What's the problem?

I did manage to get it to work by setting up a couple of macros, basically saying:
If current scene is Scene A and Video A is Played to End, switch to scene DefaultScene.

But that seems like a lot of extra work if it needs to be done many times.

Warmuptill

Running OBS 27.1.3 and Advanced Scene Switcher from August 12 2021 (sorry, I can't find a version number). I'm trying to use the Advanced Scene Switcer media rule (if that's the right term) so that several different scenes will each play a video and then automatically switch back to a default scene. (Basically, when I switch to one of the two scenes a video will play, then it should switch back to the default scene.)

I'm running MacOS.

I have two scenes, Scene A (with a media source Video A) and Scene B (with a media source Video B).

I defined two rules saying:
when Video A is Played to End switch to scene DefaultScene
when Video B is Played to End switch to scene DefaultScene
(I also tried Ended instead of Played to End, with no different results.)

This works only for the first media source in the list; when Video A in Scene A finishes playing the scene switches to DefaultScene. When Video B plays in Scene B the scene doesn't switch.

What's the problem?

I did manage to get it to work by setting up a couple of macros, basically saying:
If current scene is Scene A and Video A is Played to End, switch to scene DefaultScene.

But that seems like a lot of extra work if it needs to be done many times.
It is very difficult to say what the issue is without further information, unfortunately.
What type of media sources are you using?
Does the issue occur if you have only the rule for "Video B" set up?

I am not sure I understand how using macros makes a difference - are both video sources in state "ended" at the same time?
If so then the scene switcher uses the higher priority rule to decide which scene to switch to.
(As otherwise the plugin would continuously switch back and forth between the two specified scenes)

Urbanian

It is very difficult to say what the issue is without further information, unfortunately.
What type of media sources are you using?
Does the issue occur if you have only the rule for "Video B" set up?

I am not sure I understand how using macros makes a difference - are both video sources in state "ended" at the same time?
If so then the scene switcher uses the higher priority rule to decide which scene to switch to.
(As otherwise the plugin would continuously switch back and forth between the two specified scenes)
The media are both .mp4 files.

I had two media rules, each basically saying "When [a media] state is Ended, switch to scene Default Scene," the first rule worked but the second didn't. If I switch the order of the two rules, still the first one worked. Each media was used in only its own scene.

I switched to using a couple of macros that do essentially the same thing, except they have an "AND" clause to check the current scene, so something like "If scene is [scene with media X] AND [media X] is Ended, switch scene Default Scene." Two macros like that worked fine.

But now, when I try to reproduce the original problem, I can't get those "Media" rules to work at all, even with he macros deleted. It always has worked before when I had just one media used in one scene. The oddity showed up when I added a second media and scene, though both switched to the same scene when done. I'm very confused. I'm guessing there's some kind of under-the-covers interaction between Media rules and Macros.

To answer your other questions: As I see it, the difference when using the macros is that each includes the relevant scene, so it only checks "Ended" for Video X when Scene X is the current scene. I'm not sure how the rules under Media work. I assume that the status of the video media is only checked if it's in the currently active scene. Otherwise ASS would be constantly switching back to the default scene once the video finished. (I'm assuming that a video stays in Ended state until it's restarted again later. I'm also not sure what the difference is between "Played to the end" and "Ended.") Both rules switched to the same scene, so there'd be no switching back and forth.

Bottom line: I got it to work using macros. Now I can't get the Media rules to work at all, at least with my existing scene and media. So I'm functional. The macros just seem more complex than necessary for this simple case, and the Media rules must have some logic that I just don't understand.

PNO

Yes, correct - although I am afraid I don't think using delimiters "/" and specifying flags for the regular expression like "/i" will work.
So you would have to remove these parts of the regular expression.
^(?:sun(?:day)?|mon(?:day)?|tue(?:sday)?|wed(?:nesday)?|thu(?:rsday)?|fri(?:day)?|sat(?:urday)?)$

Thanks for the response. Yes, after digging a bit I did make this change and sure enough, that resolved. Much appreciated!

AaronD

I had two media rules, each basically saying "When [a media] state is Ended, switch to scene Default Scene," the first rule worked but the second didn't. If I switch the order of the two rules, still the first one worked. Each media was used in only its own scene.

I switched to using a couple of macros that do essentially the same thing, except they have an "AND" clause to check the current scene, so something like "If scene is [scene with media X] AND [media X] is Ended, switch scene Default Scene." Two macros like that worked fine.

But now, when I try to reproduce the original problem, I can't get those "Media" rules to work at all, even with he macros deleted. It always has worked before when I had just one media used in one scene. The oddity showed up when I added a second media and scene, though both switched to the same scene when done. I'm very confused. I'm guessing there's some kind of under-the-covers interaction between Media rules and Macros.

To answer your other questions: As I see it, the difference when using the macros is that each includes the relevant scene, so it only checks "Ended" for Video X when Scene X is the current scene. I'm not sure how the rules under Media work. I assume that the status of the video media is only checked if it's in the currently active scene. Otherwise ASS would be constantly switching back to the default scene once the video finished. (I'm assuming that a video stays in Ended state until it's restarted again later. I'm also not sure what the difference is between "Played to the end" and "Ended.") Both rules switched to the same scene, so there'd be no switching back and forth.

Bottom line: I got it to work using macros. Now I can't get the Media rules to work at all, at least with my existing scene and media. So I'm functional. The macros just seem more complex than necessary for this simple case, and the Media rules must have some logic that I just don't understand.

That's weird. My Media tab seems to work just like you expect yours to:
Media.png

That's a bunch of videos, all in different scenes, set to go back to whichever camera was last shown.
Don't know what version of ASS I have; how do I find that?
OBS's title bar says "OBS Studio 27.1.3-modified (linux) - Profile: ... - Scenes: ..."

I got it from Ubuntu's snap repository, per the instructions here (lots of copy-paste commands to individually enable all of the permissions, and I did all of them):

My command history for all that is:
Bash:
sudo snap install obs-studio
sudo snap connect obs-studio:alsa
sudo snap connect obs-studio:audio-record
sudo snap connect obs-studio:avahi-control
sudo snap connect obs-studio:camera
sudo snap connect obs-studio:jack1
sudo snap connect obs-studio:kernel-module-observe
sudo apt install v4l2loopback-dkms v4l2loopback-utils
echo "options v4l2loopback devices=1 video_nr=63 card_label='OBS Virtual Camera'    exclusive_caps=1" | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/v4l2loopback.conf
echo "v4l2loopback" | sudo tee /etc/modules-load.d/v4l2loopback.conf
sudo modprobe -r v4l2loopback
sudo modprobe v4l2loopback devices=63 video_nr=13 card_label='OBS Virtual Camera' exclusive_caps=1
sudo snap connect obs-studio:removable-media
sudo snap connect obs-studio:raw-usb
sudo snap connect obs-studio:joystick

I'm a bit curious now: Since ASS (and a ton of other things) come preinstalled with the snap version, do you happen to have a rough idea of how long it takes for a new release to make its way into a snap refresh?

Warmuptill

The media are both .mp4 files.

I'm glad to you hear that you got it to work.

I would still like to understand what is going on here.
Would you be willing to export the settings you are using that are causing issues?
Then I will try to reproduce it once I find the time to do so.

>the difference when using the macros is that each includes the relevant scene, so it only checks "Ended" for Video X when Scene X is the current scene
That is not the case. Each condition is checked no matter the result of the other condition checks.

>I assume that the status of the video media is only checked if it's in the currently active scene.
>Otherwise ASS would be constantly switching back to the default scene once the video finished.
The media conditions have some internal logic so that they only return true for one interval - maybe that is somehow causing the issue?
(Now that I think about it this probably does not make much sense to include this for the macro condition as time restrictions for conditions are available)

>The macros just seem more complex than necessary for this simple case,
Just to clarify - do you also see the same behavior as on the media tab if not combining the media condition with a "current scene is ..." condition?

Anways, thanks for reporting the issue! :)

That's weird. My Media tab seems to work just like you expect yours to:
View attachment 76311
That's a bunch of videos, all in different scenes, set to go back to whichever camera was last shown.
Don't know what version of ASS I have; how do I find that?
OBS's title bar says "OBS Studio 27.1.3-modified (linux) - Profile: ... - Scenes: ..."

I got it from Ubuntu's snap repository, per the instructions here (lots of copy-paste commands to individually enable all of the permissions, and I did all of them):

My command history for all that is:
Bash:
sudo snap install obs-studio
sudo snap connect obs-studio:alsa
sudo snap connect obs-studio:audio-record
sudo snap connect obs-studio:avahi-control
sudo snap connect obs-studio:camera
sudo snap connect obs-studio:jack1
sudo snap connect obs-studio:kernel-module-observe
sudo apt install v4l2loopback-dkms v4l2loopback-utils
echo "options v4l2loopback devices=1 video_nr=63 card_label='OBS Virtual Camera'    exclusive_caps=1" | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/v4l2loopback.conf
echo "v4l2loopback" | sudo tee /etc/modules-load.d/v4l2loopback.conf
sudo modprobe -r v4l2loopback
sudo modprobe v4l2loopback devices=63 video_nr=13 card_label='OBS Virtual Camera' exclusive_caps=1
sudo snap connect obs-studio:removable-media
sudo snap connect obs-studio:raw-usb
sudo snap connect obs-studio:joystick

I'm a bit curious now: Since ASS (and a ton of other things) come preinstalled with the snap version, do you happen to have a rough idea of how long it takes for a new release to make its way into a snap refresh?
Just to clarify:
You also see the same unexpected media tab behavior or do you not see it?

>Don't know what version of ASS I have; how do I find that?
The scene switcher will print the commit hash used to build the plugin in the OBS log.
But as it was requested quite frequently that the version information will be printed somewhere in the UI I will add the release tag to window title in a future version.

>Since ASS (and a ton of other things) come preinstalled with the snap version, do you happen to have a rough idea of how long it takes for a new release to make its way into a snap refresh?
I have no clue unfortunately - but I can see that they already switched to 1.16.1 on GitHub:

I want to use the Random Tab.
Is this also Paused when the scene from
The paused tab is active.
Depends on what you have configured on the pause tab.
If you chose to also pause the random tab (or all) then this functionality will be disabled while you are on the configured scene.

AaronD

Just to clarify:
You also see the same unexpected media tab behavior or do you not see it?

I don't. It works for me just like it's supposed to. I do remember having some trouble with the "Ended" option early on, and I don't remember seeing "Played to End" at that time. For that one, I used a timer instead, running in parallel with the video. I probably lost the last few frames with that method, but at least it worked.

But the "Played to End" option that I see now, works perfectly, even if I skip near the end of the video. As long as it plays the last frame, that seems to work.

>Don't know what version of ASS I have; how do I find that?
The scene switcher will print the commit hash used to build the plugin in the OBS log.
But as it was requested quite frequently that the version information will be printed somewhere in the UI I will add the release tag to window title in a future version.

>Since ASS (and a ton of other things) come preinstalled with the snap version, do you happen to have a rough idea of how long it takes for a new release to make its way into a snap refresh?
I have no clue unfortunately - but I can see that they already switched to 1.16.1 on GitHub:

Okay, so at least they see it. That's good.

AaronD

Also, is there anything against adding regex'es to the Network tab, so that the names don't have to match across multiple instances? Essentially make it the same as the File tab, in terms of sending the currently active scene name "somewhere" that another instance can pick up, and then using regex'es on the received name to trigger arbitrary scenes, except that it goes through the network instead of a file.

---

My first attempt to automate the recording of a live presentation - with the recording being slightly different from live, and so it required a second instance of OBS - was to use the Network tab, until I realized that it required an exact match between the scene names. Technically, I could make that work with a bunch of duplicate scenes on the receiving end,* but it's way too unwieldy to keep that in sync manually when adding new scenes and cleaning up old ones!

* At that point in the rig, all the videos and all the cameras come through the same source and work the same way, so I really only need about 2 or 3 scenes there in total, while the sending end has a lot more.

The File tab worked - Master writes the current scene to a file, Slave has a bunch of file-content triggers using the same file and a different regex for each - until I rebuilt that rig on Linux. It still works on the Windows machine that I initially set it up on, but I've forgotten now what the problem was on Linux. (might have something to do with snap permissions???)

Anyway, the Linux version ended up with a Python script and websockets, but it would be nice if ASS could do this directly on any platform:
Python:
#!/usr/bin/env python

import re

from obswebsocket import obsws, events, requests

wsSlv = obsws("localhost", 4445, "********")
wsSlv.connect()

def on_switch(message):
    name = message.getSceneName()
    if re.match("Camera.*", name):
        wsSlv.call(requests.SetCurrentScene("Meeting"))
    if re.match("Feature.*", name):
        wsSlv.call(requests.SetCurrentScene("Feature"))
    if re.match("Voiceover.*", name):
        wsSlv.call(requests.SetCurrentScene("Voiceover"))

wsMst = obsws("localhost", 4444, "********")
wsMst.register(on_switch, events.SwitchScenes)
wsMst.connect()

############################################
# ADD SOMETHING TO BLOCK HERE,             #
# UNTIL THE CONNECTION IS NO LONGER NEEDED #

# Disconnect from both, if possible
# If not, don't worry about it; it probably is already

try:
    wsMst.disconnect()
except:
    pass

try:
    wsSlv.disconnect()
except:
    pass
The on_switch function does all the work there, and is essentially just a set of regex'es on the same incoming scene name, that each trigger their own arbitrary scenes.

Can the Network tab also have that functionality? Regex'es and GUI like the File tab, but using the received name from the network instead of a file?

Warmuptill

Also, is there anything against adding regex'es to the Network tab, so that the names don't have to match across multiple instances? Essentially make it the same as the File tab, in terms of sending the currently active scene name "somewhere" that another instance can pick up, and then using regex'es on the received name to trigger arbitrary scenes, except that it goes through the network instead of a file.

---

My first attempt to automate the recording of a live presentation - with the recording being slightly different from live, and so it required a second instance of OBS - was to use the Network tab, until I realized that it required an exact match between the scene names. Technically, I could make that work with a bunch of duplicate scenes on the receiving end,* but it's way too unwieldy to keep that in sync manually when adding new scenes and cleaning up old ones!

* At that point in the rig, all the videos and all the cameras come through the same source and work the same way, so I really only need about 2 or 3 scenes there in total, while the sending end has a lot more.

The File tab worked - Master writes the current scene to a file, Slave has a bunch of file-content triggers using the same file and a different regex for each - until I rebuilt that rig on Linux. It still works on the Windows machine that I initially set it up on, but I've forgotten now what the problem was on Linux. (might have something to do with snap permissions???)

Anyway, the Linux version ended up with a Python script and websockets, but it would be nice if ASS could do this directly on any platform:
Python:
#!/usr/bin/env python

import re

from obswebsocket import obsws, events, requests

wsSlv = obsws("localhost", 4445, "********")
wsSlv.connect()

def on_switch(message):
    name = message.getSceneName()
    if re.match("Camera.*", name):
        wsSlv.call(requests.SetCurrentScene("Meeting"))
    if re.match("Feature.*", name):
        wsSlv.call(requests.SetCurrentScene("Feature"))
    if re.match("Voiceover.*", name):
        wsSlv.call(requests.SetCurrentScene("Voiceover"))

wsMst = obsws("localhost", 4444, "********")
wsMst.register(on_switch, events.SwitchScenes)
wsMst.connect()

# ADD SOMETHING TO BLOCK HERE,             #
# UNTIL THE CONNECTION IS NO LONGER NEEDED #

# Disconnect from both, if possible
# If not, don't worry about it; it probably is already

try:
    wsMst.disconnect()
except:
    pass

try:
    wsSlv.disconnect()
except:
    pass
The on_switch function does all the work there, and is essentially just a set of regex'es on the same incoming scene name, that each trigger their own arbitrary scenes.

Can the Network tab also have that functionality? Regex'es and GUI like the File tab, but using the received name from the network instead of a file?
Thanks for the suggestion!
I will keep it in mind, but I think I would rather add support for the websocket plugin to the macro tab than expanding upon the network tab's capabilities.
(So something similar to "if current scene X -> send websocket action to switch scene to Y on Host 123")
But this is probably not something I will get around to any time soon unfortunately.

AaronD

Thanks for the suggestion!
I will keep it in mind, but I think I would rather add support for the websocket plugin to the macro tab than expanding upon the network tab's capabilities.
(So something similar to "if current scene X -> send websocket action to switch scene to Y on Host 123")
But this is probably not something I will get around to any time soon unfortunately.

Okay, that'd work too...as long as "current scene X" can be a partial match instead of a full exact match. For example, these would all trigger the same "Camera.*" action, even if I made some more of them after defining the rule:
Camera - Wide
Camera - Roaming
Camera - Bob
Camera - Alice
Etc.

With all this attention to the Macro tab, at what point does it become its own programming language? Not that that's a bad thing, but it does change its perception a bit.

Last edited:

Urbanian

I'm glad to you hear that you got it to work.

I would still like to understand what is going on here.
Would you be willing to export the settings you are using that are causing issues?
Then I will try to reproduce it once I find the time to do so.

>the difference when using the macros is that each includes the relevant scene, so it only checks "Ended" for Video X when Scene X is the current scene
That is not the case. Each condition is checked no matter the result of the other condition checks.

>I assume that the status of the video media is only checked if it's in the currently active scene.
>Otherwise ASS would be constantly switching back to the default scene once the video finished.
The media conditions have some internal logic so that they only return true for one interval - maybe that is somehow causing the issue?
(Now that I think about it this probably does not make much sense to include this for the macro condition as time restrictions for conditions are available)

>The macros just seem more complex than necessary for this simple case,
Just to clarify - do you also see the same behavior as on the media tab if not combining the media condition with a "current scene is ..." condition?

Anways, thanks for reporting the issue! :)
Note:, I'm on a Mac, so Linux-based comments don't help. And to be honest, I don't remember how I installed ASS. I find a downloaded SceneSwitcher.pkg, but I'm guessing that isn't the Advanced version.

>Would you be willing to export the settings you are using that are causing issues?
Yes, I'd be willing. Attaching two json files, pretty printed, I hope what you're looking for. "Using Media.txt" was doing the switch in the Media tab; doesn't work. "Using Macro.txt" uses macros and does work.

>>the difference when using the macros is that each includes the relevant scene,
>>so it only checks "Ended" for Video X when Scene X is the current scene
>That is not the case. Each condition is checked no matter the result of the other condition checks.

>>The macros just seem more complex than necessary for this simple case,
>Just to clarify - do you also see the same behavior as on the media tab if not combining the media condition with a "current scene is ..." condition?
What I meant was, my macros each included "if the scene is" clause to ensure the scene switch only happened if the proper scene was active, and I thought that made the difference.

I took the "if the scene is" clauses out of my macros and they still worked, so you're right, that wasn't the issue.

I also changed to switch to "Previous Scene" instead of an explicit scene for both versions. That didn't change behavior for either.

Bottom line, my macros are now simpler, and seem to work, but as far as I can tell they ought to do the same thing as the Media versions. Clearly something I have is messing things up. A Mac vs other difference? Maybe I have an older version of ASS? I can't tell.

If it's relevant: Each of the two scenes has two sources, first the video, marked to show nothing when playback ends, and then a static image. Why? Each screen is "Fullscreen Projected" to a big monitor, which is used locally. The video is streamed while it plays on the monitor, then when done the monitor goes to an "Idle" image and the scene switches back to the camera view for streaming. (The camera doesn't show on the monitor.)

Attachments

• Using Macro.txt
    38.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Using Media.txt
    37.1 KB · Views: 13
The random TAB won’t work for me.
When I switch to another scene by myself , it switches automatically back to one scene which are selected in the random tab.
The scene where I want to switch to , is also in the pause tab.
Could u add a Random Button in the sequence Tab?

Warmuptill

The random TAB won’t work for me.
When I switch to another scene by myself , it switches automatically back to one scene which are selected in the random tab.
The scene where I want to switch to , is also in the pause tab.
Could u add a Random Button in the sequence Tab?
I am not quite sure what you are trying to achieve.
Can you elaborate a bit what you would expect such a button to do?

Maybe using a macro like this in combination with a "scene group" might be what you are looking for?
This will continuously switch between scenes "test1", "test2" and "test3" unless you are on the scene "some scene where random switching should stop".

Random1.PNG
Random2.PNG

I am not quite sure what you are trying to achieve.
Can you elaborate a bit what you would expect such a button to do?

Maybe using a macro like this in combination with a "scene group" might be what you are looking for?
This will continuously switch between scenes "test1", "test2" and "test3" unless you are on the scene "some scene where random switching should stop".

View attachment 76341View attachment 76342
I have scene 1-4 where I want to switch in a different Order , with a random time either 30, 60 or 90 seconds.
If i open manually scene 5 or 6 the scene Switcher should wait until I’m in scene 1, 2, 3 or 4 again.

Warmuptill

I have scene 1-4 where I want to switch in a different Order , with a random time either 30, 60 or 90 seconds.
If i open manually scene 5 or 6 the scene Switcher should wait until I’m in scene 1, 2, 3 or 4 again.
Hm, then I don't understand why a setup like this would not work.
I think this is what you originally described, isn't it?

Random1.PNG

Random2.PNG

Maybe you have some conflicting settings that are causing issues here?
You mentioned the sequence tab above - do you maybe have a scene sequence set up for the scene on which you are trying to pause the random tab on?

Would you mind sharing your settings so I can try to reproduce and better understand the issue on my end?
If you do not you can find the option to save the plugin's setting to a file on the general tab.