Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.3

AaronD

I think this is what you originally described, isn't it?

View attachment 76364

Is there any guarantee that it won't, for example, pick line 1 and then line 0 from that list, both of which are set to the same scene? If it did that, then depending on the transition, it might appear to simply stay on that scene for 13 seconds, which may not be desirable.

Warmuptill

Is there any guarantee that it won't, for example, pick line 1 and then line 0 from that list, both of which are set to the same scene? If it did that, then depending on the transition, it might appear to simply stay on that scene for 13 seconds, which may not be desirable.
Yes, there is a check in place that the same scene is not chosen twice in a row to avoid the effect you described above.

Mayaman72

Hi, I'm using macOS Mojave
I have problems with that All my scenes was duplicate when changing scene collection.
I don't know why I see also on this forum that when they stop this plugin the obs did not have duplication scene problems and I try to stop Advanced Scene Switcher and I see that obs not duplicating scenes.
Can you fix this problem to I can every time be ON this plugin "Advanced Scene Switcher" when I changing scene collection?

Warmuptill

Did you ever get to stop duplicating scene's? I keep having this problem.
These posts are form over a year a go and I haven't heard of any such issues being reported since.
Would you mind sharing your settings so I can try to reproduce the problem on my end?
You can export them to a file on the general tab.

Hm, then I don't understand why a setup like this would not work.
I think this is what you originally described, isn't it?

View attachment 76364
View attachment 76365

Maybe you have some conflicting settings that are causing issues here?
You mentioned the sequence tab above - do you maybe have a scene sequence set up for the scene on which you are trying to pause the random tab on?

Would you mind sharing your settings so I can try to reproduce and better understand the issue on my end?
If you do not you can find the option to save the plugin's setting to a file on the general tab.
Ah u can Pause the Random tab. I try it when im at home but I think there was my mistake

joshdreber

Hi all, had a question about using advanced scene switcher to queue to the preview scenes list, so that my 2 ptz cameras can do the zooming function while out of the main program view. I can't find anything on google and am still learning the plugin.

Anyone know if this is possible?

AaronD

...so that my 2 ptz cameras can do the zooming function while out of the main program view...

I do this simply by knowing which camera is live at the moment and not moving it then...except as an intentional effect. I have a completely separate controller that OBS knows nothing about, so maybe that's where we differ? It's hard to tell with what you've said so far.

Warmuptill

Hi all, had a question about using advanced scene switcher to queue to the preview scenes list, so that my 2 ptz cameras can do the zooming function while out of the main program view. I can't find anything on google and am still learning the plugin.

Anyone know if this is possible?
Maybe you are looking to set up something similar to this?
Preview1.PNG

Preview2.PNG

So if scene "test1" is active the preview scene will be switched to "test2", once you transition to "test2" the preview scene will be switched to "tes3", and so on ...

ReliantLion

I'm trying to use the "Video" tab to make it so that when the source changes (like I place my hand within view of a webcam) it switches scenes. But I think it is overly sensitive because it wants to constantly take effect with no real motion. Is there a way to de-sensitize the comparison between frames?

Warmuptill

I'm trying to use the "Video" tab to make it so that when the source changes (like I place my hand within view of a webcam) it switches scenes. But I think it is overly sensitive because it wants to constantly take effect with no real motion. Is there a way to de-sensitize the comparison between frames?
Maybe adding a time constraint to the video condition will help?
You can add these to most macro conditions by clicking on the small clock icon.
TimeConstraint.png

TimeContraint2.PNG

joshdreber

Maybe you are looking to set up something similar to this?
View attachment 76406
View attachment 76407
So if scene "test1" is active the preview scene will be switched to "test2", once you transition to "test2" the preview scene will be switched to "tes3", and so on ...

This is exactly what I needed!!! Thank you so much. Negates the need for a stinger. I wish there was a tutorial video on YouTube for this function, I’ve spent so long trying to find a way to do it all in OBS.

Destroy666

Hey, what would be the best way to detect ZoomIt app's zoom modes being utilized? I would like to switch to display capture scene then, but exit as soon as I stop using that. I have it done with key bindings, but I'm wondering if there's a way to somehow detect it by a process or something similar for 100% reliability in case key bindings are not used.

Warmuptill

Hey, what would be the best way to detect ZoomIt app's zoom modes being utilized? I would like to switch to display capture scene then, but exit as soon as I stop using that. I have it done with key bindings, but I'm wondering if there's a way to somehow detect it by a process or something similar for 100% reliability in case key bindings are not used.
If you want to switch scenes when a process is *not* running you can create a macro similar to this:

ZoomIt.PNG

Is this what you were looking for or is the process itself still running in your example?

wilderf353

First, this is a great plugin...thanks to Warmuptill for all your work on it.

We use OBS Studio with this plugin for our church worship services. During long parts, we use the Sequence tab with hotkeys to enable/disable switching between our 3 cameras. Sometimes, it seems when we hit the hotkey to start/stop the auto sequence, it doesn't always work (but a second press of the key does). You won't know it is not running for 45 seconds, when the next camera is supposed to go live on the stream.

1) Is there an indicator on the screen, to let me know when the plugin is running? Example: I hit the hotkey to enable the sequence and the indicator turns on.

2) If not, does the plugin throw an event when it is enabled/disabled that I can catch in a script and make my own indicator?

Warmuptill

First, this is a great plugin...thanks to Warmuptill for all your work on it.

We use OBS Studio with this plugin for our church worship services. During long parts, we use the Sequence tab with hotkeys to enable/disable switching between our 3 cameras. Sometimes, it seems when we hit the hotkey to start/stop the auto sequence, it doesn't always work (but a second press of the key does). You won't know it is not running for 45 seconds, when the next camera is supposed to go live on the stream.

1) Is there an indicator on the screen, to let me know when the plugin is running? Example: I hit the hotkey to enable the sequence and the indicator turns on.

2) If not, does the plugin throw an event when it is enabled/disabled that I can catch in a script and make my own indicator?
1) Unfortunately there is no such indicator.
But that is a good suggestion.
I will investigate if that is feasible and add it to the todo list - so thanks for the suggestion!

2.) The OBS log file will contain log messages whether or not the advanced scene switcher was started or stopped.

I'm having issues with the time based scene switching rules. I've submitted an issue on the GitHub page about this (I'm not used to do this).

All the details of this issue can be found there: https://github.com/WarmUpTill/SceneSwitcher/issues/334

I'm using OBS + Advanced Scene Switcher for our local TV with great success.
Thanks for letting me know - I will handle this via GitHub.

petjo10

Hi,
I use the Advanced Scene Switcher with these macro
1635402543552.png

But i want it to show only between the time interval and then hide, bt it did not hide.,any suggestion?

AaronD

Hi,
I use the Advanced Scene Switcher with these macro
View attachment 76547
But i want it to show only between the time interval and then hide, bt it did not hide.,any suggestion?

As a programmer myself, I would expect what you described by default. It's a single trigger to show, plus some extra code to prevent it from firing constantly while the condition is true and being a nuisance. Thus, because you don't also have a "Hide" command, it never hides.

I've been bitten by that several times in my own programming projects. It's just how most languages work. If you want a constant connection like a light switch, you have to run the code that does that, constantly. This also assumes that setting something to what it already is, does nothing, which isn't always true either. Some systems *are* like that, but most watch for triggers and only update when they get a trigger. If you don't have an explicit trigger to turn back off, it never turns off. Likewise if the "off trigger" is incorrect, which is easier to do than for the "on trigger" because it often requires negative logic, and isn't necessarily equal to "not on".

I've commented before about the Macro tab becoming its own programming language, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it does change the perception and understanding. This is one way that it already behaves very much like a programming language, and as the complexity and capabilities grow, I think it will become unavoidable. If you want it to do *anything*, then that's programming, and the tool to do it is by definition a programming language.

Last edited:

grit60

You can use two Macros. (1) Show Scene at 8am and (2) Hide Scene at 8:05am. In the Date Condition, use "At" instead of "Between".

Good luck!