Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.3

ijaureguialzo

Hello, guys, I have tried to install the advanced scene switcher in 24.0.6 following the instruction for 24.0.5. It did not work. My macOS version is 10.13.6. I have Eclipse Pydev Python 3.8 installed. It may need re-compile. I don't know the IDE to compile the source.
If anyone would help, that will be great.

Launch it on command-line and paste the output on an issue in my repository so we can have a look at the errors it throws, otherwise is a bit difficult to debug.

KJThaDon

Is there any way to switch the scene based on what is displayed on the screen?

Say I have a scene that has some live video displayed, then goes to a static BRB image, can I switch scenes automatically when it shows the BRB screen? Or even a way to detect when no sound is being output to switch scenes?

Thanks!

109u

Hey guys,

I'm trying to switch a scene when Spotify starts playing next track. I'm using Snip https://github.com/dlrudie/Snip to write a file with track list and artist and then use this file to display the track name playing.

I want to switch to the scene where this information is displayed once the track has been changed and the file been updated. I'm using this regular expression [a-zA-Z]+ to match any strings. I've tried everything possible but so far nothing happens :(

These are the settings I'm using:
Clipboard01.jpg

Thanks!

DuBoi.DJ

Launch it on command-line and paste the output on an issue in my repository so we can have a look at the errors it throws, otherwise is a bit difficult to debug.
I can't get it to show up at all. What is the EXACT file path to the location to install the .so file... I have tried in (Contents>Plugins) as well as (Contents>Resources>Data>OBS Plugins) as well as copying the OBS Plugins folder out of Data and putting it directly into the Resources Folder and can never get "Advanced Scene Switcher" to show in Tools (MAC OS High Sierra 10.13.6)

ijaureguialzo

I can't get it to show up at all. What is the EXACT file path to the location to install the .so file... I have tried in (Contents>Plugins) as well as (Contents>Resources>Data>OBS Plugins) as well as copying the OBS Plugins folder out of Data and putting it directly into the Resources Folder and can never get "Advanced Scene Switcher" to show in Tools (MAC OS High Sierra 10.13.6)

Hello, I think the plugin folder structure has changed in OBS 24.0.6. You don't have to put the file inside the OBS installation folder anymore, it has to be at /Library. The exact folder is "/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/advanced-scene-switcher/bin/".

Just follow instructions here, they worked for me: https://github.com/ijaureguialzo/SceneSwitcher/releases/tag/1.4.1

Hope it helps.

ABBAfan

Подскажите пожалуйста, можно ли через этот плагин переключать сцены по расписанию. Тоесть не через определенное время а в конкретное, например в 12-00. Если да то как, если нет посоветуйте пожалуйста плагин.

Mod edit: translation: Please tell me if it is possible to switch scenes through this plugin according to a schedule. That is, not after a certain time, but at a specific time, for example, at 12-00. If so, how, if not, please advise the plugin.

thatdrumgirl

So I updated to 24.0.6 OBS on Mac, it erased the advanced-scene-switcher entirely during update, and now no matter what I try I cant not get it to show under tools.

I have tried following the instructions here - https://github.com/ijaureguialzo/SceneSwitcher/releases/tag/1.4.1
But I must be missing something, can anyone help with this?
You aren't the only one with this problem. And there doesn't seem to be anyone who can explain in layman terms how to do this.

Terry_Rocks

Hi same problem here. OSX 10.13.6 path: application support/obs-studio/plugins/advanced-scene-switcher/bin
there is the .so file., so far so good. But I`m wondering beside the bin folder there is no data folder! Current protocol: no suitable image found -so not loaded. Any ideas? Thxx

Warmuptill

The issues with the Mac version of the plugin in combination with the new OBS version should now be resolved.

Please note the installation instructions for Mac have changed for the new OBS version:
  • For OBS versions 24 or newer copy the advanced-scene-switcher.so file to Contents/Plugins.
  • For OBS versions older than OBS 24 copy the advanced-scene-switcher-old.so file to Contents/Resources/obs-plugins.
The download link for the fixed version (and the old one in case you are still using the old OBS version) is the same as it was previously and can be found on the overview page of the plugin.

Thanks to ijaureguialzo for trying to help out with the problem in the meanwhile.

thatdrumgirl

The issues with the Mac version of the plugin in combination with the new OBS version should now be resolved.

Please note the installation instructions for Mac have changed for the new OBS version:
  • For OBS versions 24 or newer copy the advanced-scene-switcher.so file to Contents/Plugins.
  • For OBS versions older than OBS 24 copy the advanced-scene-switcher-old.so file to Contents/Resources/obs-plugins.
The download link for the fixed version (and the old one in case you are still using the old OBS version) is the same as it was previously and can be found on the overview page of the plugin.

Thanks to ijaureguialzo for trying to help out with the problem in the meanwhile.
Yaaaaaaaaay! Thank you so much! My show is tonight and I'm so happy to have it up and running again! Thank you!!!!!!!!!

BCK

This scene switcher is EXACTLY what I was hoping it was. I have some odd behavior to report and hope someone else has experienced this. I have not read through the 22 pages of posts.

The *only* feature I'm using is "Scene Sequence". I have 7 webcams attached to this stream computer (needed for my niche content). My scenes have hotkeys assigned. "Automatic Scene Switcher" is disabled (or not active in the settings box).

Scene 2 > 5s > Scene 3 > cut
Scene 3 > 5s > Scene 2 > cut

Scene 4 > 5s > Scene 5 > cut
Scene 5 > 5s > Scene 4 > cut

I can issue my hotkeys to launch from Scene 1 into either of these alternating scenes. When switching from either of these loops however (2 > 3 > 2 etc) or (4 > 5 > 4 > etc) to the other, I get dumped back at scene 1.

The work-around I have is to manually switch back to Scene 1 before jumping into one of these loops and to not manually switch from one loop to another.

Is this "by design" behavior?

@Warmuptill, no BS man, this is a fantastic plugin. My stream content will really stand out with the functionality you baked in. Much love brotha/sista.

Oscar Reynoso

Estoy viendo una lista de reproducción a cierto tiempo cambio a otra escena y como retorno a mi primera lista de reproduccion en el momento que hice el primer cambio de escena

mattltm

Is there any way to switch to a specific scene when audio is detected from a specific source? This would be a great feature.

Falibu

hello! first of all, thanks for the awesome plugin! i stream Mixed Reality in VR and this plugin fits my PiP format PERFECTLY! <3

one thing i wonder about, is if it is at all possible to add functional start and stop hotkey options? i noticed there is a toggle that starts/stops but it's on a toggle. i stream virtual reality with a headset on and do so without the ability to easily check my monitor. in my case, i use voice attack to utilize voice commands to switch scenes in OBS and i am currently using voice attack to toggle the advanced scene switcher with a TTS audio confirmation. HOWEVER, i often forget if i have it toggled on or off and if had a hotkey to specifically turn it on and specifically turn it off, i could assign each to different hotkeys and have different voice commands trigger specific on/off instead of the toggle. i'm sorry if this is confusing. it's very late here. thanks for the consideration :)

here's a clip of what i'm talking about:
WTB dedicated on/off hotkey functionality with the auto scene swapper in OBS pls :)

D

Deleted member 229361

I'm using this plugin for multiple monitor recording, so I have it set to switch scenes when the mouse is in either display. However, If i move between scenes too fast (which is occuring while im working so proving an issue) the view gets locked on one screen, so that even though I can see it changing scenes, obs studio only displays and records one screen. How can I deal with this?

LAHWX

NEWBIE here!
When I download the file, there is no advanced-scene-switcher DLL file there?
Using the windows version. Any suggestions? Thanks

avniboy

hi there, one good thing would be if you would make ms to hr, m, s
example scene change after 1hr 2min 3sec

would be awesome..... otherwise great work so far

bradtem

No further updates are planned, sorry.
So, the project has become dormant? I think one of the requested features (switch scene based on content of a source, for example, based on the colour of a pixel in a source) would be very handy to many people. What incentive would bring you back? Glory? Cash? Or is there a guide to how to do the basics -- such as querying a pixel in a source -- inside OBS if I want to do it myself?