Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

Warmuptill

Some people are now compiling OBS for the Mac M1 ARM processor. (https://obsproject.com/forum/thread...r-when-this-might-be-ready.144302/post-532589)

Are you planning to provide a version of the (wonderful) Advanced Scene Switcher for that architecture as well at some point?
I will look into it, but can't promise that I'll get it to work soon.
But thanks for the suggestion! :)

Can I contact you if I should manage to build it so you can test it? (Don't have access to an M1 Mac to test it on)

Heino Falcke

I will look into it, but can't promise that I'll get it to work soon.
But thanks for the suggestion! :)

Can I contact you if I should manage to build it so you can test it? (Don't have access to an M1 Mac to test it on)

Happy to test. Maybe contact me via Email then.

Warmuptill

jelo

Hi! AdSS makes OBS crash as soon as i clic on start. I can restart OBS, when as soon as i click on AdSS start OBS crash
I use it on fresh installed Fedora 34 (wayland), OBS 27.0.1, AdSS 1.14

nothing in obs log file, but these are the last lines added in terminal when OBS crash:

Code:
info: [adv-ss] started
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  20 (X_GetProperty)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  220
  Current serial number in output stream:  220
QObject::~QObject: Timers cannot be stopped from another thread
Erreur de segmentation (core dumped)

Thx for your help :)

Attachments

• 2021-07-09 11-56-24.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 19

Warmuptill

Hi! AdSS makes OBS crash as soon as i clic on start. I can restart OBS, when as soon as i click on AdSS start OBS crash
I use it on fresh installed Fedora 34 (wayland), OBS 27.0.1, AdSS 1.14

nothing in obs log file, but these are the last lines added in terminal when OBS crash:

Code:
info: [adv-ss] started
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  20 (X_GetProperty)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  220
  Current serial number in output stream:  220
QObject::~QObject: Timers cannot be stopped from another thread
Erreur de segmentation (core dumped)

Thx for your help :)
Thanks for the reporting the issue!
I will try to set up a VM and replicate the issue.

Have you configured anything in the plugin?
Can you maybe just export the settings? The option can be found on the general tab of the plugin.

Update:
I have found the issue.
A build with a fix should be available here in a few minutes:
(You will have to be logged into GitHub to be able to download it)

But note that the crash only occurs because the window manager did not return any valid top level window.
So there might be other problems which rely on information provided by the window manager.

I also noticed that the built-in scene switcher of OBS seems to run into the same issue.
Is that the case for you as well?

Last edited:
***SUGGESTION*** It would be nice if you could delay the start of media to be played. So for example in the Media scene switcher portion if you could delay the playing of media by a certain amount of time this would be helpful. Right now you are able to switch scenes based on the state of the media being played however in my situation I need to delay the next media file to be played by various delays to allow for the custom transition to complete. If there is already a way to do this, then please let me know but it would be very helpful in coordinating a sequence of videos and scenes. @Exeldro @Warmuptill

Warmuptill

***SUGGESTION*** It would be nice if you could delay the start of media to be played. So for example in the Media scene switcher portion if you could delay the playing of media by a certain amount of time this would be helpful. Right now you are able to switch scenes based on the state of the media being played however in my situation I need to delay the next media file to be played by various delays to allow for the custom transition to complete. If there is already a way to do this, then please let me know but it would be very helpful in coordinating a sequence of videos and scenes. @Exeldro @Warmuptill
This should indeed already be possible using the macro tab.
Something similar to this might work for you:
MediaExample.PNG

jelo

It's seems to be OK now on Wayland :)
Great job!

Just a little thing, this is my conf file attached:
- scene logo 1 for 3 seconds then go to scene video 1
- scene video 1 until the video ends up, then go to scene logo 2
- scene logo 2 for 3 seconds then go to scene video 2
- scene video 2 until the video ends up, then go to scene logo 3
etc

but on first start, it was just like it wait 3 seconds for all, not waiting for video ends up until it change to the logo. Strange.

after stop + start, it seems to be ok now.

Attachments

• AdSS.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 20

Warmuptill

It's seems to be OK now on Wayland :)
Great job!

Just a little thing, this is my conf file attached:
- scene logo 1 for 3 seconds then go to scene video 1
- scene video 1 until the video ends up, then go to scene logo 2
- scene logo 2 for 3 seconds then go to scene video 2
- scene video 2 until the video ends up, then go to scene logo 3
etc

but on first start, it was just like it wait 3 seconds for all, not waiting for video ends up until it change to the logo. Strange.

after stop + start, it seems to be ok now.
Glad to hear that the crash is resolved! :)
Btw: Were you able to test if the "Automatic Scene Switcher", which is built into OBS, also causes the crash if you press "start" there?
If it does it might be worth fixing.

Could it be that initially all media sources are already in state "ended"?
Maybe the state "played to end" works better here?
I hope I understood the problem correctly.

FARTDRAGON_102

i am trying to figure out how to turn on my stream (start the stream) when i am away from home.
- something like set the timer to "start the stream" in (lets say) 1 hour or so ,
can someone please point me to youtube or post or any info on how i could do that ?

thanks

Lawrence_SoCal

i am trying to figure out how to turn on my stream (start the stream) when i am away from home.
- something like set the timer to "start the stream" in (lets say) 1 hour or so ,
can someone please point me to youtube or post or any info on how i could do that ?

thanks
I don't do this remotely, and wouldn't recommend it... but with that said
- assuming stream settings, etc all configured in advance with both stream provider and OBS, should be doable
- I use the time tab of AdvSS to switch to a select scene at a specific time
- Then using the General tab of AdvSS, that scene triggers the start of recording (I start streaming in advance, but you could start streaming as well)
- the simple/basic logic of using Sequence, Time, or other options in AdvSS to change scenes, including ending stream/recording

Warmuptill

Hello @Warmuptill!

Do you think its possible with your plugin to trigger a refresh of NDI video and audio sources (in order to get them in sync again)?
I am not familiar with NDI video and audio sources.
How would one manually trigger such a refresh in OBS?
Maybe shorty deactivating and activating the source via a timer would work? (Just a guess)
NDI.PNG

thanks
You could also setup up macro using a timer or ...
Streaming.PNG

... set up a macro using a concrete date / time.
Streaming2.PNG

grit60

I am not familiar with NDI video and audio sources.
How would one manually trigger such a refresh in OBS?
The NDI Plugin was made by @Palakis and, like your plugin, it is indispensable. It would be helpful to turn "Program NDI" on/off using Scene Switcher. This is akin to turning on/off live streaming or recording a program. In my case, I have an external system that detects when NDI is turned off and then ends a broadcast. Currently, the only way that I have found to switch NDI off (without going into OBS) is to kill the OBS.exe.

Gitago

I would like to request the feature of being able to 'write to file' based on the time left in a media source...
mostly used to relay the time remaining on media via text file.
1626711534492.png

Warmuptill

The NDI Plugin was made by @Palakis and, like your plugin, it is indispensable. It would be helpful to turn "Program NDI" on/off using Scene Switcher. This is akin to turning on/off live streaming or recording a program. In my case, I have an external system that detects when NDI is turned off and then ends a broadcast. Currently, the only way that I have found to switch NDI off (without going into OBS) is to kill the OBS.exe.
Just to clarify:
So right now the only way to refresh the NDI sources is to kill OBS?
Disabling and enabling sources has no effect?

If so I might not be possible to achieve what you are looking for might be difficult to achieve.
But I will try to set up a test environment on my end and see what can be done.

I would like to request the feature of being able to 'write to file' based on the time left in a media source...
mostly used to relay the time remaining on media via text file. View attachment 73332
This should be possible using the macro tab - for example:
MediaTimeLeftMacro.PNG

grit60

Just to clarify:
So right now the only way to refresh the NDI sources is to kill OBS?
Disabling and enabling sources has no effect?

There are no hotkeys for "start/stop NDI" So, the only way I know how to stop an NDI feed without a human at the OBS controls is to kill OBS. Disabling an NDI source has no effect on the NDI feed just as disabling a Source does not stop Streaming or Recording. There are actually two NDI feeds. One feed sends whatever Scene is in Preview and the other sends whatever is in Program. "NDI Sources" are used to receive external NDI (like from a camera) and show them in the Scene.