1+ second audio delay on Elgato HD60X outputting to desktop audio

Turaiel

I use the projector window in OBS to stream to a small Discord server with some friends. Because I'm streaming the projector window, the only way for me to play audio on the Discord stream is to set my capture device to output desktop audio. Unfortunately I'm seeing a 1+ second delay on audio, which is really irritating when playing games.

Here's how things are set up:
* I'm using Elgato HD60X capture card capturing a docked Analogue Pocket.
* The capture card is on the latest available firmware and OBS is fully up to date.
* The capture device is plugged into a dedicated USB card to avoid issues with onboard USB controllers being overwhelmed.
* OBS is configured for 48 kHz stereo audio to match the native sample rate of the capture device. The capture device is also set to 48 kHz on the Windows recording device properties (and it's the only available option).
* Desktop audio and mic/aux are MUTED in the OBS audio mixer. The HD60X is NOT muted, but in the audio properties it's configured for "Output desktop audio (DirectSound)".

I'm able to hear the audio through my speakers and the Discord folks can hear it as well. They have also noticed the audio delay, so I know it's not just localized to me. If I open the Elgato 4K Capture Utility, there is no discernible audio lag. That software isn't useful for streaming, though, especially as I have a few OBS scenes set up to mix in some other windows.

Using a virtual webcam device and mixing stream audio in as a microphone (a la Voicemeeter) isn't a good solution for me - the audio should only play over the Discord stream, not in the voice chat. I also prefer not to use the built in Windows "listen to this device" option as it prevents the system from sleeping. I can't remember if that option even works for the stream but I don't think it does.

I've searched and searched for solutions online but come up empty. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to help resolve this delay?

Previous log URL: https://obsproject.com/logs/B7996ReXDWXTnIXJ