PLEASE RECONSIDER! Many creators who rely on Patreon make their stable releases available to the public while offering beta versions to supporters. I think this is a compromise you should consider. StreamFX has benefitted hundreds (if not thousands) of streamers (including myself) and could continue to do so if made available for free or at a lower cost.
you can ignore the copied + pasted response the dev has been giving to everybody. this is a paywall plain and simple. claiming its not a paywall because you can build from source (even though multiple people have said that doesn't even work) is absurd.

I can't think of anyone less deserving of your money than Xaymar.
Paywall for beta/alpha builds, not even for a final version.
one word... YIKES!
In a very suspicious turn of events the developer, claiming that a non GPL compatible source code was used by a contributor, removed ALL of the install binaries from assets. There is no installer you can download, no stable and no beta versions. Effectively, with this clever trick, you can ONLY get a build through his expensive recurring Patreon or build it yourself... Nicely done Xaymar.
Go back to being free, thanks :)
Thank you user @P90Ez for compiling the latest version for us. The fact that it took you 2 hours and you have knowledge on this subject truly shows how Xaymar saying "You always have the option to build from source." as if it was a 5 minute process is absolutely absurd.

We have been asking for days and been ignored with a simple copy and paste. Again, thank you for taking time out of your day to help people like me.
Paywall after so many years... unbelievable!
Xaymar
Xaymar
It's almost as if exposure doesn't pay bills!
No current functional release of this project. Last 4 "releases" are still behind paywall and never actually released.
StreamFX used to work pretty well. It's a shame that Xaymar (The lead developer) is one of the most angry and spiteful people I've ever encountered. Paywalling an open source project is laughable, making the once open-to-all discord private, deleting "negative" feedback, and removing the ability for non-devs to comment on github (largely in part to his personal definitions of the words "production" and "support") is really just the icing on this 'frustrated and seething lil guy' cake... and he wonders why he has trouble with donations lol.
This plugin was wonderful while it was free. Now that it is paywalled, I've had to keep an older build of OBS installed just to use the last free version of the plugin. At least there are alternatives starting to show up. Would like to use this plugin again, but not going to happen unless it goes back to being free.
Damn paywall crap. I will leak this software everywhere i can, so no one has to pay money to this crap developer!!
Xaymar
Xaymar
Then enjoy no further updates! Really just shouting yourself in the foot by doing that.
Weird, rude dev with bizzare habits and actions when it comes to his project. Stay far away.
I'd be more than happy to pay for the software with a one time fee, but I can't afford yet another monthly subscription.
Xaymar
Xaymar
Stable versions are still free. Nothing forces you to upgrade and use pre-releases.
+5 Stars for the Plug-In, -3 for the developers behavior, -1 for the paywall (there was just 1 Star left, 1 is the minimum, otherwise there would be more stars removed for the paywall).
Xaymar
Xaymar
A free model is not sustainable. Exposure doesn't pay bills and rent. Pretty sure we can all agree on that.