Why Pay wall this? you can literally get the same plugins like Bjonik mentioned.
Paywalling current versions despite OBS not working with the latest stable releases is not a good move, just as others already said. I will stop using this plugin for now...
Xaymar
Xaymar
StreamFX requires funding to be maintained and this was the only available way at the time. Without funding StreamFX would have recieved no further updates.
Doesn't work with OBS 12.1.2 with no sign of it even being installed
Xaymar
Xaymar
The system requirements are listed on the release notes.
Avoid it at all cost! Scummy tactics from the dev and due to these now we can't trust him anymore...use other alternatives
I can no longer use this because I cannot afford a 10/mo subscription. That's just insane. Not even a free tier with like half the options (blur is the one I used mostly).
Uninstalled plugin but it left some dlls somewhere in file system. Due to it I wasn't able to use OBS 28-29 for past several months, because it was crashing at start.
Dev violates GPL by committing non-GPL code so Binaries are removed Now full-on GPL violation with paywall
RIP
Well, the installer for version 0.11.1, which was the last stable version, is no longer available, and they still haven't released a version for obs 29, so I think it's official, we can only have access to the installer by paying
Up to date source no longer available on GitHub.
Paywall how are we suppose to test it?
I relied on the shaders for StreamFX. The person who runs this project is very rude and he's very greedy. OBS isn't to pay your paycheck, this is a GNU-licensed project, and it's OPEN SOURCE, not a CLOSED SOURCE. It's time for the project manager to retire and find another job so he can get the pay he wants and let the community manage the project. There is no money in this, it's not reasonable to pay $11 for each release and for people who can build it to not pay.
Last official release (v11.1) is outdated for OBS v28 and v29. Updated from v27 after it broke for me due to age, and was horrified to find out just a day ago that the alpha/beta versions for v29 are paywalled.
Xaymar
Xaymar
The pre-built binaries for pre-releases are only available to Supporters, as voted on by Supporters. You always have the option to build from source.
OBS Studio is open source and free. You can't program this plugin without OBS, but you want to get paid for it... and ignore GPL license... the OBS project doesn't block the plugin yet... I don't understand, they're just good-natured and you just take advantage of something like that. ..
Xaymar
Xaymar
The GPL license does not prevent selling a product.
I understand the time and effort involved in creating and maintaining a product like this.
BUT the plugin isn't required to stream or even to improve the quality of your stream because there are several other more affordable options available. Therefore it just simply isn't worth the money.

It was fun while it lasted. Farewell StreamFX.
Another will soon take your place.
Current plug in version is dated for 2019. You're always covering your face with "only for supporters, only for supporters". Maybe it's finally time to release it publicly as well, as you deem that Patreon support is optional? As it currently is, this plugin is not working, hence the rating.
Xaymar
Xaymar
The pre-built binaries for pre-releases are only available to Supporters, as voted on by Supporters. You always have the option to build from source.
Paywall.
Xaymar
Xaymar
!!HUGE WARNING!! - Version compatible with OBS v29 got suddenly paywalled. I'm the lucky one to get 0.12b164 installer before it got put behind a paywall, but from what I see others aren't so lucky. The only available "stable" free release is compatible with OBS v27 only and WILL NOT WORK with v28 or v29.

If you want to paywall pre-production releases, first make sure your stable release is also useable. I understand hiding bleeding-edge features behind a paywall, however I don't understand hiding the only useable version in this way. With this move you did you hurt YOUR OWN PROJECT in the process. People will just go to another plugin and get mad at you, as they do right now.

And no, I don't care about "building it from sources" because not everyone is a developer and not everyone has to learn how to use the tools.
Xaymar
Xaymar
3 Euro reichen euch nicht? Jetzt ehrlich habe ich bezahlt und möchte nur einen weichzeichner haben mehr haben!! abzocke eckelhaft!!
Working versions hidden behind paywalls with public release versions being years out of date

"The pre-built binaries for pre-releases are only available to Supporters, as voted on by Supporters. You always have the option to build from source." Is a load of bullshit. Not everyone is a developer to have the experience to know how to do this
Xaymar
Xaymar
Open Source does not equal Free.
Said that non beta version would be free to download.

This software started out free and users took their time to learn and apply a lot of its functions (Myself included), later the dev decided to close the downloads and put it behind a paywall. And he said that only "BETA VERSIONS" are paid, full versions would be free. I called 1 year ago that no FULL version would ever release.

At the time he said that this was just a side side hustle so that was the reason that a full version would be hard to be out anytime soon and that he was getting blasted by help posts everywhere by everyone and doing it for free.

So now, after more than a full year and 1.166 paying subscribers (that pay at least 11€ a month.)

seems like more than 12.000€ per month is not worth enough to dedicate time to just decide to full release a non beta version (even if does not include broken being tested features).

Well, i cant judge, if I just cared about money thats the best tactic out here. Even if the software is good enough to be non beta I would just introduce a new feature that would be new enough just to keep calling the whole package beta and i would not seperate a full package that I would consider non beta..

Lets call if beta forever!

Smart move moneywise. But nonetheless I'm just calling out what is in plain sight.
Xaymar
Xaymar
Man, I wish I got those 12000€/month this user is dreaming of.