Muy buen complemento, realmente util.
Great plug-in but can we have "Displacement Mapping" filter back plz :,(
Xaymar
Xaymar
The Displacement Mapping filter was deprecated in 0.7.x, and has been completely replaced by Shaders, which can do the same work with far less complexity attached to it. It will be completely phased out in a future version.
Suggestion: A guide line to fix camera inclination
Xaymar
Xaymar
This is a feature request, and not a review. If you wanted a feature to be added, click the actual menu entry for requesting features.
It is not possible to put the latest version of the plugin 0.10.1 in OBS StreamElements, what is the problem? I'm downloading the Ubunty ZIP file, help!
Xaymar
Xaymar
Please make sure you've followed the Installation Guide, including the part about System Requirements: https://github.com/Xaymar/obs-StreamFX/wiki/Installation
hey all.. working with M1 Mac, many of the built in filters aren't working,, scroll, rainbow effect and a few others
Xaymar
Xaymar
Shader examples are not guaranteed to work on all platforms, as they are examples to learn and extend from.
Great filter, is there any way to use a moving background with signed distance field effects?
Muy buen complemento, logre crear una especie de fondo virtual pero dejando que se vea el fondo real, gracias a la herramienta de fuente espejo.
El unico problema es que no se me actualizo a automaticamente, tuve que instalar la version 0.11 manualmente.
Xaymar
Xaymar
Version 0.11.0 has not yet been released as Stable. There is also no automatic updater, just an automatic update checker.
Good when it works with latest version of OBS. Not working on Win 11 - OBS version 28.1.2
Xaymar
Xaymar
v0.12 will target OBS Studio 29 due to necessary fixes in that version. There will be no stable version targeting 28.x, only 27.x and 29.x+.
I mean, it works... but the filter persists through each scene, and I don't want it to do so...
Xaymar
Xaymar
That is not a problem with the plugin. You are describing behavior that OBS has built in, if you want to work around that behavior, please consider learning how to use Scene mirroring or Source Mirrors.
no working obs 28.0.3
The new pre-release version does not seem to work in obs version 24.0.3, I cannot find the features of streamFX in the filter, I am using an automatically installed .EXE file
Xaymar
Xaymar
Please update your system to the latest Visual C Runtime. The official Visual C++ 2017 runtime can be downloaded from here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads. You need both x86 and x86_64/x64
When will it work on OBS 28.0.3?
Xaymar
Xaymar
When it is done.
Dont Work for me on OBS 29.0.0
I don't know anything about GitHub and I don't know how to download version 0.12.0a134.
This plugin served me well in the past but I can no longer recommend it for general use.
I used StreamFX for a single source and filter. I don't need 90% of what StreamFX offers, and I would rather not have to jump through a bunch of hoops and/or paywalls, while also potentially dealing with the usual open source developer mindset that is unfortunately common (ie. your feedback or issue is bad or wrong, our code is infallable and free of issues, nothing is ever our fault and is always the users fault. If you have a problem then code it yourself), just to use a single filter on the latest stable version of OBS 29.
Currently, the only version for OBS 29 is officially available via Patreon. I don't have a problem with paywalling of pre-release versions in general, however when the latest stable version of StreamFX hasn't been updated for over 2 (likely will be 3) stable versions of OBS, that's where the move towards monetization becomes sour for me.
Seeing how there hasn't been a stable release for so long, I consider StreamFX to be depricated and should be treated as such. I highly suggest finding alternatives wherever possible. Source Clone by exeldro is a great alternative to Source Mirrors, and is what I am now using.
Xaymar
Xaymar
StreamFX is still actively updated, thanks to the funding acquired through the current monetization model. Without funding, StreamFX would have ceased to recieve any and all updates permanently.

Patrons currently can use pre-releases and recieve support for it, but Public support is limited to Stable features and versions. The publicly available wiki also lists all features and their current status (Experimental, Unstable, Stable, Deprecated, Removed) and we always say to not use non-Stable features in production. We know they're broken, we've warned about it, and if you fail to heed that warning it is on you.
I originally found StreamFX just to get a basic blur video filter, which isn't available in OBS. I was very happy with this plugin for that purpose a year ago.
There are compatibility issues with OBS 28+, so I've given up on StreamFX for now, and settled with a workaround in vanilla OBS: dramatically downscaling and then upscaling the video source, with bilinear interpolation.
The Patreon business model doesn't really make sense for software dev work, in my eyes. Either the output is freeware, or available as a commercial product.
I could probably invest a few hours to build it from source myself once there's a stable v0.12, but that's a bit annoying and not feasible for most users.
Hopefully things come good soon, but it all seems a bit stagnant and toxic here at the moment.
It was once one of he must have Plugins in OBS.
I still have a OBS Install of 29.0.2 Version with the portable Edition of StreamFX - And i will keep this version maybe.

But here is the real talk: I understand you want and need money for your time you spend on this Plugin. Thats fine and i dont have any Problems to pay for something just once. But it seems you need to have a subscription on petreon to use it? I could compile the sources by myself but for what? But i am not interested in spend more time looking into this :D because:

There are a lot of other Plugins that replace the main functions I used of this. For Example you can use other Plugins for 3D, Blur, Source Mirroring and so on :) They are free and they do what i need

With this Competition it seems it wasnt the best model to switch to a paywall as you can see of the comments in here. You lost a lot of rating and i guys also a lot of users. I Still give 2 Star instead of only one like many do - because i used this tool so many years now.

Anyway I wish you guys good luck with this project.
For me it is time to move on.
I understand that the project deserves support and pre-release versions are for supporters now, but it's still pretty obnoxious and somewhat scummy that a release that had ALREADY been released publicly got put behind a paywall.
Xaymar
Xaymar
Only pre-built binaries for pre-releases, which cost money to create, were made Supporter only. You always gave the option of building from source
If you don't install the newest version of a plugin, OBS becomes unusable, it doesn't actually respond to any of your mouse clicks or button prompts, so you have to choice but delete plugin completely or update manually. Tested on 0.9.1, 0.9.2 works fine. Awful design choice.
Xaymar
Xaymar
This is literally the bug that was fixed in 0.9.2. I feel like a broken record player now.
My review was yet again removed by an admin.
Love the plugin, hate the monthly fee to get access to the newest builds. Would prefer a 1 time payment option with access to all future builds.
Xaymar
Xaymar
We offer the option to build from source, as with any open source project. A one time fee is not possible for continous development, especially with "inflation". The one time license fee is your time it takes to build it yourself.
Lol paywall even when the plugin keep lagging behind the current version of OBS, making it unusuable, dev went nuts.
Xaymar
Xaymar
As development and maintenence of a plugin takes time, and time is not free, funding is required to ensure updates can even happen. Patrons can already use versions that fully support OBS 29.0.