How it works:
When the 'Start recording' button is pressed a popup window appears on top of the screen showing you that OBS is recording, you can left-click and drag the window to position it.
This script was made using Python and tkinter library.
- Download the python-3.6.8-embed-amd64.rar that includes a Python compatible package with the necessary libraries.
- Open OBS and go to - Tools - Scripts.
- Configure the Python installation path by selecting the extracted folder.
- Go to Scripts tab, click the + button and add the "obs_recording_notification.py" file.
- Restart OBS and hit Start Recording.