Tuna

Tuna v1.9.9

radgegamer

Never had an issue with this plugin with the exception when I installed it and did wrong one step. I myself help others with similar issue long time ago. Never an issue with Spotify since then, including all the OBS and Tuna updates.
Clearly, you guys had a problem and wanted a magical solution. If no one else can reproduce the issue you're facing, how come you can fix it?
Too many variables and differences on each computer can lead to unexpected results.

The redirect URI is the one you have to set in the Spotify Devs site and points to https://univrsal.github.io/auth/token (you can create your own if you wish) as it's shown on the video where it's explained how to do the spotify devs thing, and it's accesible in the Overview tab under the How do I display the information? / Spotify
And yes, this was the issue I had when installed Tuna years ago.

By the way, in order to be able to edit your posts you need to be older in the forum and post more often. Been helpfull.
It's called trying buddy... trying! I build things too, not plugins, but very similar web products and I could quickly reply with 'works for me, it's your problem' too which is soooo much easier, but I at least try to give suggestions of things that might cause the issue. You're right, you can't fix something you can't replicate easily. I've worked in many industries where fault finding of intermittent problems is near impossible.. I work in the truck industry. Do you think my customers would accept that I can't replicate their issues on another truck so it's their problem? I get that it's a free plugin, and I do appreciate the developer building it and developing it as time goes on, but, no one asked for a magic solution, or someone to become arsey because we got poor support. It takes nothing for a developer to have a quick think for a minute and suggest a few things, especially on a public forum of any type simply because it then may save them the hassle of repeating it 20 times privately. I mean, do we just build things to have people moan it doesn't work these days or do we listen and try and find the faults and fix them or tell the users what the issue is on their end? Of course, there are a lot of variables.. But the person that builds the thing is the best person to advise where to start looking. Sure they might give you wrong advice.. but at least they'd have tried rather than 'no idea'. Generally with anything else on streaming that I'd worked with, if I need any assistance on anything, the community and the developers really try to help. And I'm not saying the developer here is bad in any way, I've given honest feedback as to what I experienced as someone trying to get help and how it could have been approached differently and why. If I was the developer, I'd appreciate the feedback and try and do better next time. So clearly us wanting a magical solution is bullshit, and if you had issues and got the same reply you'd feel exactly the same way. But thanks for your input, it's been invaluable! no really! it has!

radgegamer

If you're unsure how to properly file a bug report read this.
I need as much information as possible otherwise I can't help you and I'm more inclined to just close your issue.
I get that, but to be fair... what more could I have told you at the time than explain what the issue was, what my settings were, what I had done to get to that point and how I kept replicating the issue? I'd assume you know I'm using OBS, since it's an OBS plugin, and it turns out the answer was in my question in the end.. I'm not saying what I did to fix it was the actual proper solution, but it worked for me so I can only assume it was due to the help you gave. If I hadn't given all the information you feel I could have, then a simple question asking for the other info would have had me giving you exactly what you needed. At the end of the day, it's a good plugin which is why I asked for help rather than think 'This doesn't work, it sucks' and move on. The fact it didn't work, and I wanted to try and fix it shows it's a good plugin since I didn't give up. I get giving support can be a pain, but like I said, I could see other people's threads, I already looked for similar or same-fault threads and didn't see many people giving any more information than myself. And because I could see other people's threads, they'll see mine, and if the help was there, maybe more questions are answered leaving you more time to build awesome products. By feedback is no way a reflection on the plugin, I just felt let down by the support. It's an honest opinion and I stick by it for the experience. If I didn't have that experience and have to work it out myself then I'd have been singing it's praises 100% rather than just 99%. It's not an attack on you mate, it's just feedback.

PaiSand

It's called trying buddy... trying! I build things too, not plugins, but very similar web
You clearly don't know what you're talking about.
If you don't provide the necesary information to reproduce an issue that happens to you then the problem starts with you.

It takes nothing for a developer to have a quick think for a minute and suggest a few things, especially on a public forum of any type simply because it then may save them the hassle of repeating it 20 times privately.
And then again, you don't know what you're talking about.

Exfil

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I'm trying to do the following: use VLC window title to display the file name but have it across multiple lines, depending on the file name. e.g. if the file name is "item 1 - item 2 - item 3 - item 4" I'd want each item on it's separate line. Is there any way to achieve this? Ideally I'd just use metadata but I need to run VLC as it's own instance - not within OBS. Thanks for any tips.

BioFUSION

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I'm trying to do the following: use VLC window title to display the file name but have it across multiple lines, depending on the file name. e.g. if the file name is "item 1 - item 2 - item 3 - item 4" I'd want each item on it's separate line. Is there any way to achieve this? Ideally I'd just use metadata but I need to run VLC as it's own instance - not within OBS. Thanks for any tips.
With some work it's possible, but you probably won't like the work part... ;)

Tuna doesn't allow {filename} to work with VLC. So you gotta get creative.

Lets assume your "Items 1-4" = 1 is artist, 2 is title, 3 album, 4 copyright and you want it displayed as:

Artist
Title
Album
Copyright

Mp4s can have embedded metadata like mp3s. So you need to copy all the filename info into the metadata if you haven't already.
That's the fun work part. What I did was download mp3tag, point it to your video folder, select all, right click, Convert, Filename - Tag

I'm not gonna dive into this in depth, someone on a mp3tag site can explain it if you need help, basically play with the string, it will
show one of your files as an example, match %artist% to item 1, then your dash, %title% then dash, etc. If you do it right, it shows in the
box below whats going to be assigned to each tag from the example file shown.

Once you figure it all out, hit ok, and it'll transfer all video files filenames to the metadata. Much easier then by hand.

Now back in Tuna, asign/point {artist} to a single text file. Each metatag should be its own file, then make a text layer in your scene
for each text file. Now place them how you like and you have 4 items on their own lines. The attached picture is everything I explained
here just using 2 lines.

If one of your lines is something oddball that doesnt fit into a catagory, IE (artist, title, album, etc) You could always store it in "comment" or "description"

Hope this made sense to ya, and good luck putting it together.

Attachments

• tuna_exmpl.jpg
    tuna_exmpl.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 53

Exfil

I appreciate the reply but - and correct me if I'm wrong - I believe we're not quite on the same page. It looks to me like your soltuion is for the VLC player embedded in OBS as a source, but I need it to run as a standalone. Because of that I could only use the window title of the VLC process in Tuna.
In any case I've now got the plugin "Now Play in Texts" to do the things I want with VLC as a standalone, so my issue is solved. But I still appreciated Tuna during the time I used it!

BioFUSION

I appreciate the reply but - and correct me if I'm wrong - I believe we're not quite on the same page. It looks to me like your soltuion is for the VLC player embedded in OBS as a source, but I need it to run as a standalone. Because of that I could only use the window title of the VLC process in Tuna.
In any case I've now got the plugin "Now Play in Texts" to do the things I want with VLC as a standalone, so my issue is solved. But I still appreciated Tuna during the time I used it!
standalone? well you are in the completely wrong side of the internet my friend

Having a wee issue with the album art.

Starts off loading fine, then 10 seconds into the song, it resaves to the cover.png file, but the album art is zoomed in, cutting off a portion of the album art.

Any help?

brokenhyperlink

Hey all,

I installed tuna today and it was extremely easy to set up and use as someone coming over from snip. However, I also tried to export it to a portable OBS package and everything else was ok but tuna broke a bit. The images still appear but the text does not UNTIL I open regular OBS and it works on both programs. I'm assuming something to do with the text file is look for "OBS x.x.x - profile:" where the portable makes it say "OBS x.x.x - portable mode - profile:"?

Thankfully I'm not going anywhere with the portable package yet and I can make do with the regular version for now but I do potentially want to solely use portable mode.

Thanks.

War_Danc3r

I've used the last three versions of Tuna and they've all worked great but, this one doesn't produce the cover art correctly most of the time. It's either the actual cover, a tiny chrome icon, or a tiny version of the cover or no cover at all.. My setup is the same, all that's changed is the version of the plugin. Are there any suggestions to fix this issue or do I need to go back to an older version?

Attachments

• Tuna-Covers-Variations_Version 1.9.7-HEAD.jpg
    Tuna-Covers-Variations_Version 1.9.7-HEAD.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Tuna_Settings.JPG
    Tuna_Settings.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 64

iberratio

So far, tuna works great most of the time. I only have two issues:

1.) My OBS log is flooded with this: "[tuna] Failed to parse json response: Too many requests, Error: illegal value"

What is that and more importantly, how do I get rid of it?

2.) Tuna sometimes gets the correct spotify image but reduzes its size to 1/4 of what it usually is. Only pausing/playing again fixes it.

SilvaShadow1990

I use a media player called Potplayer, would it be possible to use Tuna with it? I dislike VLC for a few reasons, and I find Potplayer to be superior.