Tuna

Tuna v1.9.7

chaz4short

Hi im new to this Tool, its Very kool but Im trying to get the internal OBS VLC media source and Tuna to play nice. It seems to seems to edit the text file fine when the video in the source but when theres an audio file, I just get the Place holder text I set. I can not figure out why.

Ive edited the meta data, I've made sure the format was correct, Ive uninstalled and reinstalled, Ive closed OBS a few times. no dice.

Any help or advice? Did I find a bug or am I doing something wrong?

UPDATE: I closed OBS again, when I Opened it back up it was working the way I wanted.

Attachments

• Basic settings Tuna.png
    Basic settings Tuna.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 98
  • test scne mp3 name.png
    test scne mp3 name.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 100
  • VLC tab.png
    VLC tab.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Destroy666

Great plugin, few questions to polish last things:
1. For YT Music to work, the 1608 port can't be changed, right? I didn't see any way to change the port in YT Music.
2. Which services do lyrics work with? While the specific text fields specify in red they're not available, I can't find any info on this or how it works, except that they can be extracted from a tag (local files only then?)
3. \n (line break) is impossible in text output, right? So one file and source per line?
4. Which Twitch bots that support song requests are recommended for this? I assume it would be through web browser, if possible? Does any of them support progress (bar)? I

Last edited:

DanSinclair

Hello, I am on Mac, and attempting to use Tuna. I have installed everything correctly, but when I try to add a path on the basics tab, nothing happens. I create a new file called Tuna.txt and the settings link to the file, then I edit the way I want the song to show (title by artists) click OK, and the Tuna settings window closes, OBS still runs, and when I reopen Tuna settings, there is no path saved on the basics tab as an output. How can I proceed?

PaiSand

Hi, I was testing OBS 30 beta 2 and got this error on the log:
14:57:28.597: [tuna] cURL failed while sending spotify command (HTTP error -1, cURL error 28: 'Timeout was reached'). Waiting 5 seconds before trying again
14:57:33.594: [tuna] cURL request timeout over.
It shows the rigth song, image and nothing else happens wrong, just the log entry.
Can't test it on 29 right now but I remember there wasn't any error message on it.

Also, when I open Spotify it changes the cover for the whatever song is showing on queue even when isn't playing. In the past the normal behaviour was to always show the placeholder image until you start playing.
Not a problem, I just have to play/stop a song before streaming and all is good.

Attachments

• 2023-08-28 14-55-25.txt
    102 KB · Views: 31
Hello, I am on Mac, and attempting to use Tuna. I have installed everything correctly, but when I try to add a path on the basics tab, nothing happens. I create a new file called Tuna.txt and the settings link to the file, then I edit the way I want the song to show (title by artists) click OK, and the Tuna settings window closes, OBS still runs, and when I reopen Tuna settings, there is no path saved on the basics tab as an output. How can I proceed?
Got the same problem as DanSinclair here

InochiPM

Will this be updated to work with Apple Music perchance? I see some tutorials that show iTunes but not Apple Music as i'm streaming from a macbook pro.

Does anybody else have experience using Tuna with Qobuz? I recently started using Qobuz and it works except for the progress bar, which oddly works when a song is paused, but not when it's playing. I'm using Windows Media Control as the source. The progress bar does work for Spotify for the record. Anybody come across this and find a workaround? Thanks!

PaiSand

Probably the image size in the file or in the service where it's taken from has a different size.
Select the image and Ctrl+E (or right click, transform, edit transform)
Make sure Bounding Box Type es set to Scale to inner bounds. And set the values on Bounding Box Size:
2023-09-17_141520.jpg

Pedroid

Song covers are cropped incorrectly. In the first seconds everything is displayed fine, but then it starts not just reducing the resolution, but cropping. Maybe who has encountered this, is there any solution to this problem at all. I'll attach screenshots of settings and how the covers are cut off

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    294.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    309.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    308.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    366.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_6.png
    Screenshot_6.png
    363.5 KB · Views: 49
  • cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.jpg
    cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 49
  • vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv.jpg
    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 57

ParaSMG

Hello, when using Tuna i cant get the cover to display the correct cover art image. It just reverts back to the placeholder image. I have seen the cover file trying to update but it still doesnt change. Can somebody help?

univrsal

1. For YT Music to work, the 1608 port can't be changed, right? I didn't see any way to change the port in YT Music.
I think it's hardcoded on their end.
Which services do lyrics work with? While the specific text fields specify in red they're not available, I can't find any info on this or how it works, except that they can be extracted from a tag (local files only then?)
Yeah it currently only works with local files, i.e. MPD
3. \n (line break) is impossible in text output, right? So one file and source per line?
There's {line_break}
4. Which Twitch bots that support song requests are recommended for this? I assume it would be through web browser, if possible? Does any of them support progress (bar)? I
I guess any bot that can forward requests to any of the supported music sources.
Hi, I was testing OBS 30 beta 2 and got this error on the log:

It shows the rigth song, image and nothing else happens wrong, just the log entry.
Can't test it on 29 right now but I remember there wasn't any error message on it.

Also, when I open Spotify it changes the cover for the whatever song is showing on queue even when isn't playing. In the past the normal behaviour was to always show the placeholder image until you start playing.
Not a problem, I just have to play/stop a song before streaming and all is good.
Did this consistently happen? I added an option to change the timeout, maybe try increasing it to 5000ms:
1697562606839.png
Got the same problem as DanSinclair here
Will this be updated to work with Apple Music perchance? I see some tutorials that show iTunes but not Apple Music as i'm streaming from a macbook pro.
macos (and apple music) is not supported.
Does anybody else have experience using Tuna with Qobuz? I recently started using Qobuz and it works except for the progress bar, which oddly works when a song is paused, but not when it's playing. I'm using Windows Media Control as the source. The progress bar does work for Spotify for the record. Anybody come across this and find a workaround? Thanks!
It might be an issue with how Qobuz reports the information to Windows. Windows Media Control should support the progressbar, but only if the player also provides the information.
Song covers are cropped incorrectly. In the first seconds everything is displayed fine, but then it starts not just reducing the resolution, but cropping. Maybe who has encountered this, is there any solution to this problem at all. I'll attach screenshots of settings and how the covers are cut off
Try disabling the checkbox "Search for missing covers on itunes.apple.com with size"
Is it possible to display who added a song to a Spotify playlist?
The Spotify API seems to be able to give the info, but I don't believe it's an option in the output editor.
It has been suggested before, the problem is that this would be an additional API request which makes the process more complicated.
Does Tuna v1.9.7 work for OBS v29.0.0? because unfortunately it does not work for me at the moment.
Hello, when using Tuna i cant get the cover to display the correct cover art image. It just reverts back to the placeholder image. I have seen the cover file trying to update but it still doesnt change. Can somebody help?

drdotpepper

Hey, amazing tool! I can't get the actual spotify app to work on my pc, so it's amazing this runs off spotify web - thank you!
I'm trying to display just the year of the music, i can get the 'release_date' but it displays the whole date, is there any way of trimming off the first 6 characters? (i see you've included the ability to trim off the end)
thanks!

lanzin

I've used tuna many years ago, now I'm trying it again and I have a problem:

I'm trying to use it with Deezer via web browser.
-If I set it to "Window Title", it fetches the artist and song name, but the cover art shows for a split second then reverts back to the placeholder image.
-If I set to "Web browser", it fetches the cover art just fine, but nothing else.

Can someone help me?
thanks

Gleyveon