Tuna

Tuna v1.9.9

Pixelfox3

This plugin is really great!!
I mainly use tuna to display info from a VLC source inside a nested scene (NS_Music) that is used in other multiple scenes, but I have two problems:
If I'm in a scene with NS_Music in it, tuna doesnt read the info until i switch to NS_Music. I tried using sourcedock to have the nested scene always "open", and using Studio mode to open the scene without making it active, neither work...

Also there's no toggle to disable picking info from other sources, so if im watching something in the browser that puts info in the Windows Media Control, sometimes picks that info over the VLC source, like a youtube thumbnail video. If i change the song source dropdown seems to fix it for that session, but when I open OBS again, doesn't matter that VLS is selected in the config, tuna gets the WMC info anyways

Boogie117

Anyway to make the text files a fixed size when changing songs? it constantly changes sizes and messes up the way i have it set up.

radgegamer

It seems I am having these issues with Tuna since the OBS update? Now every time I close OBS, I need to re-authenticate Spotify which is a bit of a pain

BioFUSION

It seems I am having these issues with Tuna since the OBS update? Now every time I close OBS, I need to re-authenticate Spotify which is a bit of a pain
not a dev, but have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling tuna? running obs as admin? sounds like it doesnt have permission to save settings? thats my 2 ideas.

colehughes

Are there instructions to installing in Linux? I'm using Ubuntu 22.04 and trying to install but I'm just unfamiliar. I haven't gotten it to work yet so any help is appreciated. Thanks!

PaiSand

Are there instructions to installing in Linux? I'm using Ubuntu 22.04 and trying to install but I'm just unfamiliar. I haven't gotten it to work yet so any help is appreciated. Thanks!
It's a deb package, so I guess it's meant for Debian and Ubuntu flavours.

lovemem0re

thanks a lot.
i did something like this :)
obs64_wWBktI88EZ.png

eze_414

Hello, I'm using an M1 Mac device. When using the Tuna plugin, I don't have the option in the "Song Info Outputs" list, which prevents me from deleting some of my configurations.View attachment 94428
Ran into a similar issue with an M1 Mac. I tried "Add new" on Song info outputs but it never shows up on this list. Am i not saving the .txt file to the right directory? Or a permissions thing perhaps?

Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 11.36.11 AM.png

TekNeil

I'm having an issue where when I restart my PC, I seem to loose the 'Authentication code', 'Token' & 'Refresh Token' and when I click on the 'Open Login Page. I get an error stating: INVALID_CLIENT: Invalid redirect URI
Having the same issue.
INVALID_CLIENT: Invalid redirect URI

TUNA just stopped working recently, not displaying anything via SPOTIFY. Checked the auth details and all looked OK. Re-entered them, no change, still not working. Then today I can't auth because of the above error.
1.96 btw.

TekNeil

Urgh...Why can't I edit my post above?
Issue is resolved, for some reason (Maybe autofill) the top two fields were populated. Deleted those, and was thewn able to auth.

radgegamer

Urgh...Why can't I edit my post above?
Issue is resolved, for some reason (Maybe autofill) the top two fields were populated. Deleted those, and was thewn able to auth.
This was my issue too. I assumed that the Client ID and Client Secret were required (which I believe is the case for controlling Spotify which I don't need). Really disappointed with the support though. I posted asking for help and the dev just replied, 'Can't replicate the issue, it's a problem on your end'. When I asked how to fix it, they again just replied 'I don't know'. I might be old school, but when people ask me for help on something I make, I try to answer their questions and help them until they're satisfied, especially when it's public simply because 1. makes you look better to everyone else that you genuinely try to help and 2. just maybe answering the question will answer the same question for many others so they don't need to even ask.

Regardless, I worked it out myself in the end, but if the dev tried to help a little more, they may have been able to help me much quicker.

TekNeil

This was my issue too. I assumed that the Client ID and Client Secret were required (which I believe is the case for controlling Spotify which I don't need). Really disappointed with the support though. I posted asking for help and the dev just replied, 'Can't replicate the issue, it's a problem on your end'. When I asked how to fix it, they again just replied 'I don't know'. I might be old school, but when people ask me for help on something I make, I try to answer their questions and help them until they're satisfied, especially when it's public simply because 1. makes you look better to everyone else that you genuinely try to help and 2. just maybe answering the question will answer the same question for many others so they don't need to even ask.

Regardless, I worked it out myself in the end, but if the dev tried to help a little more, they may have been able to help me much quicker.
I can't disagree with you there mate, I think it's got much worse as times gone on, exponetially so over the past 5 years or so.
Regardless, that's not to say dvelopment projects like this aren't appreciated.

PaiSand

Never had an issue with this plugin with the exception when I installed it and did wrong one step. I myself help others with similar issue long time ago. Never an issue with Spotify since then, including all the OBS and Tuna updates.
Clearly, you guys had a problem and wanted a magical solution. If no one else can reproduce the issue you're facing, how come you can fix it?
Too many variables and differences on each computer can lead to unexpected results.

The redirect URI is the one you have to set in the Spotify Devs site and points to https://univrsal.github.io/auth/token (you can create your own if you wish) as it's shown on the video where it's explained how to do the spotify devs thing, and it's accesible in the Overview tab under the How do I display the information? / Spotify
And yes, this was the issue I had when installed Tuna years ago.

By the way, in order to be able to edit your posts you need to be older in the forum and post more often. Been helpfull.

Last edited:

TekNeil

If no one else can reproduce the issue you're facing, how come you can fix it?
Nobody else? Literally two of us had the same issue. How can I fix it? Well, as an ex web developer (Many years ago now) I work methodically and narrow things down. Checking each field was the first port of call which instantly made me realise the first two fields aren't needed for simply pulling information. But they were pre-filled by my browser, and generating an invalid redirect.

I can't instantly recognise incorrect auto-filled fields on somebody elses coding without having the time to delve into it, which I don't have the time for. Hence seeking support, not a 'Magical solution'.
Anyway...

univrsal

But they were pre-filled by my browser, and generating an invalid redirect.
The client id and secret? The browser has nothing to do with them and can't "pre-fill" them, the only way their value can change is when the user enters something into the fields. I'm always open to being proven wrong if it's an easily reproducible issue.

Ran into a similar issue with an M1 Mac. I tried "Add new" on Song info outputs but it never shows up on this list. Am i not saving the .txt file to the right directory? Or a permissions thing perhaps?

View attachment 95654
Try resizing the dialog, switching to the dark theme (which is more compact).

This was my issue too. I assumed that the Client ID and Client Secret were required (which I believe is the case for controlling Spotify which I don't need).
From the documentation of this plugin:
If the information refreshes slowly, you'll have to use your own API Credentials
However, I've added an extra label, that clarifies this in the dialog now.
Really disappointed with the support though.
I tend to put as much effort into my responses as the person asking for support did put into his request. The template for opening a new issue also states:
If you're unsure how to properly file a bug report read this.
I need as much information as possible otherwise I can't help you and I'm more inclined to just close your issue.