Resource icon

Zyphen's Now Playing overlay 2.1

ZyphenVisuals

ZyphenVisuals submitted a new resource:

Zyphen's Now Playing overlay - Now Playing overlay based on Snip

This is a quick Now Playing overlay I created, inspired by the awesome widget created by Aiden Wallis.

Why use this?

If you ever tried using Aiden Wallis's widget, you might know that it has a pretty slow refresh rate, and if the servers are overloaded it can sometimes not even update for several minutes.

This widget aims to provide you with the same functionality but with a local html page, meaning you don't depend on...

Read more about this resource...

iTouch44

thank you , thats a nice overlay,
i made a litte change at the body color, sorry for saying that but the white box looks crap when nothing is played :D

body{
background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0);
padding: 0 !important;
margin: 0 !important;

with that change the white box is full transparent

ZyphenVisuals

thank you , thats a nice overlay,
i made a litte change at the body color, sorry for saying that but the white box looks crap when nothing is played :D

body{
background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0);
padding: 0 !important;
margin: 0 !important;

with that change the white box is full transparent
It's weird that it's white in the first place. For me it's transparent (see the Demo video please). What version of OBS?

grizzlord

Hello! great plugin i am loving it! I am wondering one thing though. I am only somewhat familiar with css/ other web based coding. I am wanting to center the text instead of having it lined up on the margin. what lines of code would I edit to do this? from my experiments the normal centering codes dont seem to be working within the css file. is the text alignment done in the html file? Thank you for your help in advance.

1594866142888.png

and in case you are wondering i am attempting to center between the two images

Last edited:

grizzlord

okay after tinkering i was actually able to mess with the "#smalldiv" margin as well as add "margin: 0 auto;" in order to center the pieces of text.

iTouch44

It's weird that it's white in the first place. For me it's transparent (see the Demo video please). What version of OBS?
idk why its white for me, but with that small css change its transparent now, i use OBS 25.0.8 with the Streamelements Addon

Video

Last edited:

bbeesky

I normally use the browser version of Spotify - this plugin at this time will only work with the Spotify desktop application. Not a deal breaker by any means. Thanks for the plugin!

ZyphenVisuals

I normally use the browser version of Spotify - this plugin at this time will only work with the Spotify desktop application. Not a deal breaker by any means. Thanks for the plugin!

Hi! At this point in time, the plugin itself doesn't necessarily "connect" to anything, it simply reads the data from .txt files (and a png image) and displays it for you. If you can find a grabber (like Snip, Tuna, etc) that works for the Browser version, then the plugin works.

AlexShyno

Hi, i just wanna know how to make the text animated for long artist name or song name ? (btw very nice overlay, great job)