Why obs cant display a game capture on top of another game capture using a filter?

aquas009

Hi,, the problem is obs wont diplay any video from a game capture on top of another game capture of the same game but using a blur fliter, I am using obs- shaderfilter by exeldro, gussian blur in the first game capture, and on top of that i have the second game captuer without blur, but the second game capture wont display when i have the two with the eye icon activated, i have to deactivate one of them so the other can be seen.

aquas009

I already found a solution i use a window capture instead of two game captures, one window capture for the background in blur, another one on top as a game capture, with this i fixed the previous problem.

Suslik V

You can try another trick in OBS, it less demanding (new capture is heavy task and because of nature how the Game Capture works two instances of it may not work until you'll start to use Reference copy/paste of the original Game Capture source). Just add reference copy of your source to a new Group. Then apply filter to the whole group (which has only one source - the reference copy of your original source), do not apply filter to the original source itself.

By default layers in OBS are opaque, so its normal that you can't see bottom layer (source) when top layer is visible (if this was the case). To show only region of the source you need: crop (from Edit Transform) or Image Mask/Blend (from Filters).

Edit: rewording.

Last edited:

aquas009

You can try less demanding trick in OBS (new capture is heavy task and because of nature how the Game Capture works it may not work until you'll start to use Reference copy/paste of the source). Just add you reference copy of the source into the Group. Then apply filter to the whole group (which has only one source - the reference copy of your original source) do not apply filter to the original source itself.

By default layers in OBS are opaque, so its normal that you can't see bottom layer(source) when top is visible. If this the case. To show only region of the source either crop of the Transform should apply or Image Mask/Blend filter.
I tried this. the idea is to have one blur image as a background to remove the side`s black bars when displaying old resolution games in screen. I did It and it works thanks mate.
I found another solution and it is to use a window capture underneath the game capture. because of what you said I think this will be more demanding for the system.