Question / Help When Recording my video is clear when theres no action but once there is action it starts to get pixelated... Help?

fearedcn

My PC Specs:
Intel i7 7700k
NVDIA GTX 1070
16GB RAM
1 TB Storage
650 WATT Power Supply

( or you can just search up “ SE Hyperbeast Pro ” )

Ive been dealing with this for 3 days now and its pissing me off how my pc is actually good but my videos arent. Im a streamer/content creator and this just waste my time. So the problem is when i record fortnite its all nice and good until i start building and the quality drops and it looks bad until im done standing still or something. Ive searched up so many tutorials on how to fix this but none have worked. It only happens when recording and my streams are crystal clear so im confused. not able to post a log right now since im not on my PC but any settings or changes i should do to fix this? So much time wasted...

Thanks, Christian

carlmmii

That's a result of low bitrate (check this video out, Tom Scott does a perfect job of explaining why you're seeing this effect). What are your recording settings?

Also, a log file would be very helpful.

Last edited:

fearedcn

Attachments

• Recording settings.PNG
    Recording settings.PNG
    62.3 KB · Views: 368
  • Streaming settings.PNG
    Streaming settings.PNG
    54.9 KB · Views: 354
  • video settings.PNG
    video settings.PNG
    44.6 KB · Views: 315

sean76034

Use CQP instead of CBR for recording.
What other settings should we use to record besides CQP? I have a pretty high end PC and my recordings are unwatchable. I have a i7 9700k, rtx 2070, 32gb ram, 115mb download 6mb upload. I have watched nearly every video on youtube that recommends obs settings and nothing has worked. Even upgraded my SATA SSD to a M.2 samsung 970 pro with a fresh windows install just to try and figure out what's wrong. I have tried streamlabs and I have tried a obs version that isn't released yet that has the new nvidia encoder. Please help me I am losing my mind I just want to record some decent gameplay

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
If you just want good quality then use the Simple output mode and select one of the presets. OBS then selects the appropriate settings for you. You don't need to use advanced mode for good quality.

lnqoETX.png

koala

Your demo video is not available, so it's not clear what you mean with "unwatchable". Things I recognize in your log file is that you changed many vital settings from their sane default so something strange.
- reset fps from 120 to 60
- reset base resolution from 1440x1080 to 1920x1080
- reset YUV color space from full to partial
- for recording, always use a quality-based rate control such as CQP with a value of 15-25 (lower value is higher quality)

Changing a SSD will not help with recording quality. This only helps with app loading times.and copying files.

more cannot be said, because your log file doesn't contain a recording session.