When I am in captured window I see yellow lines on screen.

Erktiky!

I am running OBS. Then selecting window to capture and when I am on this window I see yellow lines. I am sending photo in files. In this screen lines may be hard to see. I showed them with using drawing. Maybe it's any option in settings but I can't find it if it is option.
It's really annoing, I can't wait until someone will help me with it. Thanks in advice.

Attachments

• Evidence Yellow Lines.png
    Evidence Yellow Lines.png
    464.6 KB · Views: 9,935

Lawrence_SoCal

My laptop did not do this [yellow lines around most of window capture area], but my new desktop dedicated streaming compute (set up last week) does have this yellow line. So, I'm curious what setting in OBS (for me, v25.0.8 on Win10 with nVidia GPU would cause this.. different GPU & drivers obviously between laptop and desktop, so I'm aware the issue might be there... so I'll watch this thread hoping someone has some pointers)

koala

The yellow border is painted by Windows if OBS uses a certain type of window capture. It's a Windows behavior, no flaw in OBS, no bug. However, it isn't added to the video, so it should be fine.

You can edit the properties of the window capture source and try to change the Capture Method from Automatic to BitBlt. BitBlt will not exhibit the yellow border, but cannot capture many kind of apps, especially ones that use hardware acceleration for graphics. However, the current browsers probably use all hardware acceleration, so you will have to use Automatic including the yellow border.

Erktiky!

So there's no way to delete yellow lines while capturing window/app?
Or is there any way to change color of theese lines? Thanks in advice.

FerretBomb

Not without changing the capture method as described above.

This is a Windows feature added by Microsoft to make sure that people know if a window is being captured. The intent being to prevent viruses or malware from sneaking onto a system and sending sensitive content back to a thief. Unfortunately, it also triggers on OBS' window capture, even as a known-good program.

Mike Loeven

This is so annoying and invasive I have reached a point were I am not above considering the possibility of editing the registry or modifying system files with a hex editor If someone can figure out a way to disable or gracefully "Break" the functionality in windows I would love to see a fix even if its a kludgy system hack...

H3draut3r

Not without changing the capture method as described above.

This is a Windows feature added by Microsoft to make sure that people know if a window is being captured. The intent being to prevent viruses or malware from sneaking onto a system and sending sensitive content back to a thief. Unfortunately, it also triggers on OBS' window capture, even as a known-good program.
WRONG!!!!
There IS a function to possibly "hide" that border.... why isn't it implemented yet?
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/uw...pture_GraphicsCaptureSession_IsBorderRequired

Just add a checkbox named "Show Yellow Border (only Win10+)" at the WindowCapture-Module's Properties and enable it by default... if someone dislikes it, it can be disabled by the user ;)

FerretBomb

Reactions: WBE

Ali baba

WRONG!!!!
There IS a function to possibly "hide" that border.... why isn't it implemented yet?
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/uw...pture_GraphicsCaptureSession_IsBorderRequired

Just add a checkbox named "Show Yellow Border (only Win10+)" at the WindowCapture-Module's Properties and enable it by default... if someone dislikes it, it can be disabled by the user ;)
did you hide it?

if yes can you give me your edited obs

if not can you tell me how

sorry for my bad english

Zeker

WRONG!!!!

Was this ever implemented? I really need this, if I were to implement it, or even change this PC wide, how would I? Thanks, sorry for necroposting.

FinxOmally

This issue has returned and it's driving me mad.
It comes with a weird issue where it also tanks the performance of the game too.. Looking at you Destiny. (To be specific, the gameplay is perfectly fine, but the captured window output is awful and juddery.)
Tried 30.1 (Where I first discovered the issue had returned)
Uninstalled OBS and all plugins.. (Stream Elements)
Installed 30.0 again.. Issue is now here too..

All on most recent Win 11.

So going ahead and erasing boot drive and clean installing Windows and trying completely from scratch.
This issue is such a pain in the ass.