Question / Help What's the latest version compatible with MacOs 10.10.5?

Xtrouble835

So I have MacOs 10.10.5... In the website it says the latest one is for 10.11+... can I get a link to one that I can actually use?

Narcogen

22.0.3 should work fine on High Sierra. Even if you were to downgrade, I would not go back as far as 19.x, that's for much older versions.

Mark13Sonor

Hello everybody. I have yosemite 10.10.5 and I have tried the versions from 19 .... until 23 ... but it doesn't work and it doesn't make me connect to the Facebook server. what should I do?

Narcogen

Not possible. Facebook no longer allows non-secure RTMP, but requires secure RTMP (RTMPS). This is not supported in older versions of OBS.

For version 23 I believe you need at least 10.11, for 24.x and higher I believe 10.12.

Narcogen

For streaming to Facebook currently there is no version which will work and runs on 10.10, because no version supported RTMPS that ran on 10.10.

Jet D

Narcogen, can you help me as well? I have 10.10.5 Yosemite, and followed your link above but am not sure which file to install to try OBS for streaming on Twitch.

Narcogen

Start at 20 and move up until it breaks, then downgrade. I don't have any systems older than 10.13 to test on.

Jet D

19.0.3 works for me, except that there's a significant lag in audio. I don't know whether that qualifies as "broken" or not.

FranMUC

Hi Narcogen,
A friend recommended OBS to me but I found that my Mac does not meet the OS X requirements for the latest version. I have OS X El Capitan 10.11.6. You were talking about Version 23. When I searched, I found sooo many different links, just to this version. Would you have a suggestion which one I could use or just post me a link.

Really much appreciated. Many, many thanks!

AJ The1

hello Narcogen
hello i need help i is it posible to download OBS on yosemite 10.10.5 i realy want if for my youtube videos if there is please send the link for it thank you!

rgshalhoub

Good day. I didn't get a reply so I'm still seeking the same thing...which is WHERE and/or HOW can I get the most recent OBS software that is compatible w YOSEMITE aka Mac OS 10.10.5. I'm a newbie and I'm not able to buy a new Macbook pro w a newer OS for the forseeable future. So HELP!!! Thanks in advance.

keep

hello Narcogen
hello i need help i is it posible to download OBS on yosemite 10.10.5 i realy want if for my youtube videos if there is please send the link for it thank you!
Hello, hope you can share where did you get it. I'm using the mac os and I also need this