What's causing this OBS crash?

junkyard

Hi everyone,
I'm experiencing an intermittent issue where OBS will crash after "Start recording" is pressed.
After re-launching several times the issue seems to self resolve.
I have attached a log - I'm uncertain if it's the log with the crash. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 2024-01-22 14-32-47.txt
    23.3 KB · Views: 30

Suslik V

Please, attach your crash-log as well, if there is any (can be found in the Help menu of OBS or in %APPDATA%\obs-studio\crashes folder).

junkyard

Please, attach your crash-log as well, if there is any (can be found in the Help menu of OBS or in %APPDATA%\obs-studio\crashes folder).
Thank you for the reply.

There are no recent crash logs in that folder (last one being August 2022)

I have attached another crash log from today - running in administrator didn't seem to make a difference.

Attachments

• 2024-01-30 14-55-04.txt
    24.8 KB · Views: 11

junkyard

How it looks your "crash"? What you see and what is written on the screen?
Nothing appears on the screen.
I press "Start recording" and OBS freezes for about 1 second and then shuts down. When restarting the program I get a message saying something along the lines of "Unclean Shutdown: Would you like to start OBS in 'Safe Mode or 'Start Normally?'"

Suslik V

Despite last entry in the regular OBS log is Source Record plugin, you may need help from one of the developers of OBS itself.

Sometimes @R1CH reads memory crash dumps of OBS, so if he will see this thread you'll be asked to make one of this special memory dumps (it should be shared only with the developer who asks for it, and only if he asks for it). Here is example, how such conversation is going on: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-crashing-all-the-time-from-rtsp-sources.165637/post-608707

And try to ask in the plugin's thread (Discussion section), maybe issue is known to the developer of the plugin, and there is some workaround available: