Weird mic reverb kinda thing

VovoDear

Hi, I'm very new to OBS. I record Minecraft videos with some of my friends and I was finding a strange reverb on my mic. The gameplay audio is fine, my friends voices on Discord are fine it's just me. A good few minutes into my recordings (maybe about 10-20 minutes?) the audio goes back to normal. I know it's an OBS problem and not an issue with the mic itself because it works perfectly fine on Quicktime and Discord.
I have a Macbook Air (2020 version), I'm using the Mac's built-in microphone, and I'm wearing Airpod Max's.
Let me know if you need any more information about my set-up and thank you for helping!

AaronD

"Weird reverb" is a common way to describe a feedback loop with delay. It's easy to get one in OBS, if you Desktop Capture or Output Capture the same device that you send the Monitor to, and you also send that source to the Monitor.
The delay comes from the operating system's audio handler; it just takes <that long> to get stuff through it. A long delay sounds like a discrete echo, a shorter delay sounds like reverb ('cause that's what reverb *is*), and an even shorter delay sounds "metallic" (comb filter).

If that's your problem, then the solution is to break that loop somehow. Either don't Monitor that source, or don't use the same device for both Capture and Monitor.

Why it's coming and going, I don't know. Maybe your system's audio delay is wandering between "comb filter" and "reverb", and you don't notice the comb filter?

A recording would be good, that shows both the problem and the cleanup, and all of your audio settings.