Bug Report Waves Shell (VST Support) Crash

chrisko

Hey there,

I've been trying to come up with more creative ways to mix my stream and I was looking at using some of my Waves plugins to help fill the void. It seems, however, that the 'WaveShell' application (which I believe is their wrapper) is not supported. After navigating to my audio source > filters > add VST > then select it from the dropdown, OBS crashes. I was able to reproduce this multiple times. See the attached log for more info!

As an additional note, I've been using ReaPlugs as my VST options for awhile. I'm an audio engineer, so I have a decent understanding of how this works. Happy to delve further into this as well as look into what other VSTs might work/not work with OBS. I've been using OBS for a couple of years and I love how powerful it is all around. But I definitely would love to see some improvements in the audio realm. Happy to help however I can there.

Before I forget; I'm currently using Waves v9.92 (an older version, but still has VST support and works in my DAWs) to test this issue.

Attachments

• WavesShellCrash.txt
    150 KB · Views: 131

aaburchett

I just had the same problem and I found this looking for answers. Mines a brand new Waves plugin and it just immediately crashes OBS. I hope this thread gains traction.

Dihelson

Hey there,

I've been trying to come up with more creative ways to mix my stream and I was looking at using some of my Waves plugins to help fill the void. It seems, however, that the 'WaveShell' application (which I believe is their wrapper) is not supported. After navigating to my audio source > filters > add VST > then select it from the dropdown, OBS crashes. I was able to reproduce this multiple times. See the attached log for more info!

As an additional note, I've been using ReaPlugs as my VST options for awhile. I'm an audio engineer, so I have a decent understanding of how this works. Happy to delve further into this as well as look into what other VSTs might work/not work with OBS. I've been using OBS for a couple of years and I love how powerful it is all around. But I definitely would love to see some improvements in the audio realm. Happy to help however I can there.

Before I forget; I'm currently using Waves v9.92 (an older version, but still has VST support and works in my DAWs) to test this issue.

Well, I'm not an engineer, but I know that OBS only works with VST 2, not 3 nor 1. And OBS doesn't support frontends like waveshell. It's a pity ! I have also tons of plugins that I can't use.

gnux

I've the same problem when I've select a plugin doesn't open the plugin. Basically I would like to use all the WAVE SUITE. I'm running the latest version of OBS and I'm on Catalina OSX

thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-06 at 14.35.53.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-06 at 14.35.53.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 210

rio197

Shell VST plugins are not supported. Reference:

4KVidTech

My setup would load the plugins but not the control for each. The link below is an app (VSTWrapper) I used to get Waves plugins to work with OBS. This was a last ditch effort and I happened to come across it in another forum where someone said it worked for a different streaming software. Follow their instructions to the letter and it should work. Hopefully, this helps someone.

I do recommend using the Waves Studio Rack to make it easier to get to your plugins while using OBS.

http://hypercube-software.duckdns.org/softwares/vstwrapper