Virtual Webcam not Activating on Scene Switch

Ciaran Federico

I am currently trying to create a series of scenes featuring a FaceRig virtual webcam input. each scenes needs the v-cam to have different colour correction and cropping, and so I have created multiple sources using the same webcam. As Facerig only creates one output, I have each instance set to deactivate when not active, but upon switching scenes, the next instance only becomes active after either deactivating and then activating the source, or even just turning the layer visibility on and off. It honestly seems like a bug with how it operates, and so I am not sure if I am doing something wrong. Worst case scenario I can just make a visibility toggle shortcut key, but it would be a lot simpler if I could find a solution.

koala

Remove all instances of your webcam except one, then add them again with the "add existing" option. This way all instances share the same webcam device. They all can be active and will show their video at the same time.
You did it right if all instances of your webcam have the same name.

Ciaran Federico

Remove all instances of your webcam except one, then add them again with the "add existing" option. This way all instances share the same webcam device. They all can be active and will show their video at the same time.
You did it right if all instances of your webcam have the same name.

My problem is that I need these different versions of the webcam because I need them to have different filters applied, Chroma key, Opacity etc.

koala

To apply different filters to these webcam instances, create groups, put each instance into a different group, and apply the filters to the groups and not to the instance directly. This way each instance gets its own set of filters.
In case you're using the crop filter, remove the crop filter and instead press and hold down the ALT key and move the borders of the source to crop. This crop variant will not be duplicated in other sources.