Video recordings coming out with a black screen

beet

I have recently downloaded OBS to record all my videos, I have rn into a problem as I set up the screen to record the video by using game capture and a single scene, the captured area looks perfect on the obs preview but after recording the videos they all come out as black screens with just audio. I have run OBS as Administrator, it doesn't help, I have tried all the different file types and that does not help either.

I have heard so many good things about OBS and I would be very happy if I could get it to work properly.

Here's the log from one of the failed recordings:

Attachments

• file log.txt
    10.4 KB · Views: 338

qhobbes

1. At least one of your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the rest. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
Headphones (High Definition Audio Device): 48000 Hz
Microphone (High Definition Audio Device): 44100 Hz
2. 16:29:17.730: Running as administrator: false
Run OBS as Admin. Right click on shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
3. Your log contains no recording session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS as Admin.
2) Start your recording for at least 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link here.