Resource icon

All Versions Using OpenLP Interface for Lyrics

Laura190

Hello,

Thanks for this great tool! I was able to get it working on my own laptop. However, when I tried it on the church computer the custom dock is blank - it's just white. Has anyone else had this, and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks!

echan101

Yes, you have to change the verse in OpenLP for it to go to the next verse in OBS, otherwise the person operating OpenLP may begin fighting for control with the livestream guy. I can look into if it would be practical to allow the user to control OpenLP through OBS.
Hi I have got this working and it's very cool. Our OBS machine is the same one that also does OpenLP, so is it possible to make one of the "Display Next" buttons to "Next line / slide" ? That way we can remote control OpenLP and use your extension properly.

jgcastror

Hi I have got this working and it's very cool. Our OBS machine is the same one that also does OpenLP, so is it possible to make one of the "Display Next" buttons to "Next line / slide" ? That way we can remote control OpenLP and use your extension properly.
Add the custom browser dock from the OpenLP main, you can control your service from within OBS studio, change from slides to lyrics to verses, advance or go back in your slides or lyrics, etc.

PastorClint85

Hello. I have gone through this process but I'm having an issue.

The lyrics are displayed in the dock in OBS. I can see them there in OBS, and if I change the lyrics in Openlp, they change in the dock. Which is great.

But, they are not actually displaying on the camera screen as an overlay. I'm not sure how to fix this. I don't know if it's an issue with the "theme" in openlp or what it might be. Any advice would be great. Thank you.

jgcastror

Hello. I have gone through this process but I'm having an issue.

The lyrics are displayed in the dock in OBS. I can see them there in OBS, and if I change the lyrics in Openlp, they change in the dock. Which is great.

But, they are not actually displaying on the camera screen as an overlay. I'm not sure how to fix this. I don't know if it's an issue with the "theme" in openlp or what it might be. Any advice would be great. Thank you.
It seems for me:
1) you don't have the custom stage folder yet, or
2) you haven't added the source in your scene
Take a look at the first post in this thread, it clearly explain how to make it work

Liv79

Hi i am struggling to setup controls in obs dock. I cannot seem to find the 'tools' to download and put in the stream folder. Can anyone point me in the right directions to download the control and stage files?
Hey, Did you end up finding how to get the "tools" i'm also unable to find them

joshdreber

Hi all, I have an issue I'm hoping to get input on.

I want to be able to make OBS change the active scene automatically when an OpenLP slide is changed.

I have the advanced scene switcher plugin running, with various scenes and cameras running through a sequence based on time. For instance:
Scene 1 is a ptz camera input for our pastor.
Scene 2 is a split input with that camera and a openlp browser input for slides.

The scene switcher runs automatically, 3 mins on pastor only and 1 min on pastor/slides. I want to have the switcher be interrupted and switch to scene 2 when a slide is changed in openlp, if OBS is currently on a scene with just the pastor.

Any thoughts on this or if its even been done? I've got the openlp custom browser dock switching slides from obs -> openlp, but I want it the other direction. The browser input scene works fine for showing slides.

Is there a way for OBS or the advanced scene switcher plugin to detect a slide/input change through the browser, and trigger a change of active scene to one with slides?

Essentially I'd like to eliminate having someone man the OBS machine and have it all automated based on what the openlp man is doing.

Thanks!

amirchev

Hi all, I have an issue I'm hoping to get input on.

I want to be able to make OBS change the active scene automatically when an OpenLP slide is changed.

I have the advanced scene switcher plugin running, with various scenes and cameras running through a sequence based on time. For instance:
Scene 1 is a ptz camera input for our pastor.
Scene 2 is a split input with that camera and a openlp browser input for slides.

The scene switcher runs automatically, 3 mins on pastor only and 1 min on pastor/slides. I want to have the switcher be interrupted and switch to scene 2 when a slide is changed in openlp, if OBS is currently on a scene with just the pastor.

Any thoughts on this or if its even been done? I've got the openlp custom browser dock switching slides from obs -> openlp, but I want it the other direction. The browser input scene works fine for showing slides.

Is there a way for OBS or the advanced scene switcher plugin to detect a slide/input change through the browser, and trigger a change of active scene to one with slides?

Essentially I'd like to eliminate having someone man the OBS machine and have it all automated based on what the openlp man is doing.

Thanks!
Answer in your PM.

timtjcb

Hi Everyone,
Is there a way to change the color of the background of the text? I would like to make the background a solid color. Thank you!

DanielRandri

Hello,
Im struggling making the tool working.
On OBS the source say "Sorry, an error occured" but on web browser it show the empty text box of the custom stage view.
The lyrics are visible on normal stage view ( http://MY_URL/stage )

I have tried to:
- delete register key ( to reset openlp configuration )
- setup on 32/64bit Normal/Portable 2.4.6/2.9.4(beta) OpenLP version
- setup on 32/64bit OBS version ( 64 show error occured, 32 show nothing)
- install on different computer ( all windows 10)
- try an other custom stage view ( OpenLP-CustomStages-v3.zip - Google Drive , transthird work )

Any idea why i get this error ?

Thanks,
Daniel

cbcmedia

Hello,
Im struggling making the tool working.
On OBS the source say "Sorry, an error occured" but on web browser it show the empty text box of the custom stage view.
The lyrics are visible on normal stage view ( http://MY_URL/stage )

I have tried to:
- delete register key ( to reset openlp configuration )
- setup on 32/64bit Normal/Portable 2.4.6/2.9.4(beta) OpenLP version
- setup on 32/64bit OBS version ( 64 show error occured, 32 show nothing)
- install on different computer ( all windows 10)
- try an other custom stage view ( OpenLP-CustomStages-v3.zip - Google Drive , transthird work )

Any idea why i get this error ?

Thanks,
Daniel
I am having the same exact issue. Commenting to be able to follow this thread.

joshdreber

Hi all, I have had an issue with openlp slides not showing up in OBS anymore. I am not trying to do anything fancy, just have a browser source that should display slides from my openlp computer. The openlp machine is on the same network, on 192.168.86.175, and this is set in the openlp config as well, with the default port of 4316. I can pull up slides on chrome on the obs machine at http://192.168.86.175:4316/main. But the browser source with the same address just shows a blank/black screen. I don't believe this is a network issue as I can see it in chrome. Any thoughts on what to troubleshoot?

joshdreber

Hi all, I have had an issue with openlp slides not showing up in OBS anymore. I am not trying to do anything fancy, just have a browser source that should display slides from my openlp computer. The openlp machine is on the same network, on 192.168.86.175, and this is set in the openlp config as well, with the default port of 4316. I can pull up slides on chrome on the obs machine at http://192.168.86.175:4316/main. But the browser source with the same address just shows a blank/black screen. I don't believe this is a network issue as I can see it in chrome. Any thoughts on what to troubleshoot?
Figured this out with the help of another OBS thread. OBS advanced settings had an "enable browser hardware accelaration" option checked, unchecking it fixed the issue. Very irritating that this option would randomly interrupt a process that has been running fine for two years, and I didn't check that option in the first place. But it works now, hopefully this is of assistance to someone in the future.

cotgk

I had this tool working on a previous OpenLP version but upon updating to openlp 2.9.5 (mainly because of the video background functionality) and following the instructions I get nothing in OBS. Screen is blank and it doesn't seem that the custom dock setup is linked with openlp as I can't even preview the slides.
Please is there anyone who has an updated openlp (2.9.5 or later) who has got this tool to work?