Resource icon

All Versions Using OpenLP Interface for Lyrics

amirchev

amirchev submitted a new resource:

Using OpenLP Interface for Lyrics - Display text from OpenLP slides as subtitles in your stream.

Hello, in this guide I'll explain how to use the OBS-OpenLP Interface tool to display text from songs that you are presenting on OpenLP as subtitles in your stream.

Setting up OpenLP
Set up the tool
First, in OpenLP, go to Settings -> Manage Plugins and make sure to enable the Remote plugin. Next, download the tool and extract the files into a...

Read more about this resource...

florent.norroy

Hi,

Been trying to implement that but I can't get the open lp lyrics to show in OBS. Installation and configuration went well, from the PC where OBS is running I can open the OPENLP stage URL and it displays fine. The browser dock control i OBS is loading even if it displays nothing besides the "Current slide:" field.

Can't seem to figure out where the problem is coming from. Any idea ?

jmuzzy

amirchev submitted a new resource:

Using OpenLP Interface for Lyrics - Display text from OpenLP slides as subtitles in your stream.

Read more about this resource...
This looks awesome!

I get to the point where I go live with the lyrics but in OBS it still just displays as a black square. Any idea what could be going on there? Is there a dependency on jquery? If so, where should the jquery.min.js go?

One thing to note for Mac users: The browser dock feature is not available in the Mac version of OBS yet.

Keep up the great work!

amirchev

This looks awesome!

I get to the point where I go live with the lyrics but in OBS it still just displays as a black square. Any idea what could be going on there? Is there a dependency on jquery? If so, where should the jquery.min.js go?

One thing to note for Mac users: The browser dock feature is not available in the Mac version of OBS yet.

Keep up the great work!
Yes, it is a black square because there is no text to be displayed. I've fixed that bug for the next release. Otherwise, you use the UI dock to control what lyrics are displayed. If there is no dock for Macs then you will likely not be able to use this tool.

johnnyboyz207

Hi so I have OpenLP and OBS studio all set up, earlier this year everything was working perfectly but a couple weeks ago the lyrics for some reason started to have a black background behind them. In my settings the lyrics are set to transparent in OpenLP and there are no filters or anything in the OBS studio. I do not know what the issue is and I haven't found any other fix other than if I'm certain that the lyrics are set to transparent which I am 100% certain. Any advice/do you need any more info from me?

Jwills90

Hi i am struggling to setup controls in obs dock. I cannot seem to find the 'tools' to download and put in the stream folder. Can anyone point me in the right directions to download the control and stage files?

amirchev

Hi so I have OpenLP and OBS studio all set up, earlier this year everything was working perfectly but a couple weeks ago the lyrics for some reason started to have a black background behind them. In my settings the lyrics are set to transparent in OpenLP and there are no filters or anything in the OBS studio. I do not know what the issue is and I haven't found any other fix other than if I'm certain that the lyrics are set to transparent which I am 100% certain. Any advice/do you need any more info from me?
Hi johnnyboyz207,

This black bg is there by default to make the subtitles more visible. If you find the stage.css file and on line 18, change background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5); to background: none;. When I have more time I'll try to make it so visual properties can be controlled from the controls dock.

teelon

Hi, I just installed this, and the instruction where good everything is working fine with the live view. However, on my second monitor which is the set display, the lyrics are overlapped added to each other.

Anyone else has this issue?

amirchev

Hi, I just installed this, and the instruction where good everything is working fine with the live view. However, on my second monitor which is the set display, the lyrics are overlapped added to each other.

Hm, can you tell me more about your setup please? Are the lyrics overlapping in OBS?

Avfee

I’ve had the same as Teelon, the overlap is on open lap not OBS from what I’ve seen, but I’m not the person who set it all up. We’ve overcome by viewing the main version of open lap by going into settings, configure open lp and then remote, and clicking on the relevant is link. However it is very clunky to do that and means the normal shortcuts don’t work.

amirchev

I’ve had the same as Teelon, the overlap is on open lap not OBS from what I’ve seen, but I’m not the person who set it all up. We’ve overcome by viewing the main version of open lap by going into settings, configure open lp and then remote, and clicking on the relevant is link. However it is very clunky to do that and means the normal shortcuts don’t work.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm still trying to see exactly what happens. Please send me a picture or screen shot, that would help in fixing the issue. Much appreciated!

sullivanstrong

So I have installed OpenLp and the remote plugin and everthing works great except for the fact that when I reach the end of a verse it doesn't go to the next one. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Clarification:
Whatever song verse I push to go live it stays only on that verse and doesn't move to the next verse of the song.

amirchev

So I have installed OpenLp and the remote plugin and everthing works great except for the fact that when I reach the end of a verse it doesn't go to the next one. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Clarification:
Whatever song verse I push to go live it stays only on that verse and doesn't move to the next verse of the song.
Yes, you have to change the verse in OpenLP for it to go to the next verse in OBS, otherwise the person operating OpenLP may begin fighting for control with the livestream guy. I can look into if it would be practical to allow the user to control OpenLP through OBS.

Nick Hunt

Hi,

I have gone through the setup. By the way you suggest setting a folder up called "stages" but later in the instructions you say to connect to "stage" so you might want to update that.

I can't get this to work. I can see the lyrics in a browser on the OBS PC, but when I add the Custom Browser Dock it says Sorry, an error occurred. Can you help please?

Nick Hunt

Hi,

I have gone through the setup. By the way you suggest setting a folder up called "stages" but later in the instructions you say to connect to "stage" so you might want to update that.

I can't get this to work. I can see the lyrics in a browser on the OBS PC, but when I add the Custom Browser Dock it says Sorry, an error occurred. Can you help please?
Ignore me lol, I got this working with "stages" as the folder name. Cheers

amirchev

Ignore me lol, I got this working with "stages" as the folder name. Cheers
Hi Nick,

I think the confusion is that the folder is called stages but when you access it from the URL you use stage/stream. Unless I explicitly state somewhere that it is called stage.

All the best!!

Heylovie

This is fantastic. One thing I’m looking to figure out is how to “clear” the background when there isn’t any text. So when I’m showing a blank slide, I’d love to have it automatically hide the little black background. I still want it there with the text, so the clear background isn’t the solution I’m looking for. Currently I just turn off OpenLP as a source in OBS, but thinking others are smarter than me and could solve this with a sweet little piece of code or something....

thanks for all the work being done here!

amirchev

This is fantastic. One thing I’m looking to figure out is how to “clear” the background when there isn’t any text. So when I’m showing a blank slide, I’d love to have it automatically hide the little black background. I still want it there with the text, so the clear background isn’t the solution I’m looking for. Currently I just turn off OpenLP as a source in OBS, but thinking others are smarter than me and could solve this with a sweet little piece of code or something....

Hey, you are welcome!

I will add that as a feature request: hide background when no text is displayed.

Did you get the newest version? It automatically hides everything when you click "Blank screen" or "Show desktop," etc.

God bless.

amirchev

Added some functionality, please see the new version.