Use different video quality settings for different Scenes

Akito

Obviously, there are ways to change the video quality settings globally, but how do I adjust video quality settings per Scene?

For example, I would like to have reduced resolution, FPS and overall video quality automatically applied when switching to a different scene and then having those settings bumped back up again, once switching back to the original scene. These settings must be associated to the scenes, so there is no extra work or thought I have to do, before starting a recording.

How can I achieve that?

cyclemat

Nope you cant change the video Resolution on the on the fly when you record or stream but you can make profiles

Akito

Nope you cant change the video Resolution on the on the fly

That's what I read in a different thread, so I asked specifically for changing the video quality when changing scenes. I also read in the other thread that video resolution is a thing you cannot change anytime. However, video resolution is just one of many things to reduce video quality. I do not want to change anything on the fly. I want to have the video quality changed, when changing scenes, i.e. before I start recording. For example, I have a scene with 2 windows, that require only low quality settings. Then I have a scene which records a different window and has otherwise different settings. However, this scene should have the maximum video quality settings selected.

saldivarson

I tried setting two different video resolutions on two profiles, but it doesn't allow it. Profiles can't put two different resolutions, thats one global thing for all OBS... Lets hope they can change this.

Sketaful

I tried setting two different video resolutions on two profiles, but it doesn't allow it. Profiles can't put two different resolutions, thats one global thing for all OBS... Lets hope they can change this.
I have 1280x720 @ 30 fps on one profile and 1920x1080 @60 fps on another profile without any problems.