[URGENT] OBS Randomly Dropping Frames

cama

(Copied from Reddit)
Hello everyone! I am new to the subreddit here but I joined because I am desperate for answers. I have been streaming using Restream.io for the past few months and I have run into no issues whatsoever. I stream at a resolution of 3440x1440 with a bitrate of 13500 on YouTube.

I stream almost every day and I have built a small community around my streams but today, I went to stream GTA V with a friend of mine and I started getting extremely bad dropped frames (67%) and the signal bars turned red. I have completely tried everything on every single forum (Changing PCI version, running as administrator, changing bitrate, changing resolution, etc) but none of the methods seem to work. My stream will stutter and cut out at random. This issue came up out of the blue with no warning. Temps are fine on my GPU and CPU. When running OBS and doing test streams, my GPU goes from 30-60% usage on task manager. I don't overclock any of my hardware. I am running the latest NVIDIA drivers. My motherboard firmware is on the latest. The only recent change I could think of was installing Better Discord and using a Stereo Plugin (which shouldn't have anything at all to do with OBS).

I ran an internet speed test and I am still getting 700mbps download and 30mbps upload (yes, I know my upload speed isn't a lot). I have made sure that my internet is fine, nobody is downloading or uploading anything. I restarted my PC multiple times and even ran Windows update. I factory reset OBS (complete reinstall) and I'm still getting the same issue. Literally nothing seems to fix my problem. I am desperate because I had to cancel the stream tonight and I'm worried about the situation tomorrow. I'm hoping it may just fix itself but the chances seem slim.

CPU: RYZEN 7 5800X3DGPU: RTX 3080TIRAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz (XMP 2.0)MAIN DISPLAY RESOLUTION: 3440x1440 (180hz) 21:9OTHER DISPLAYS: x2 1080p (144hz) 16:9

OBS LOGS: https://obsproject.com/logs/h019ctwh0lX1AHz2

Attachments

• 2024-01-09 23-45-25.txt
    23.6 KB · Views: 13

cama

UPDATE: My GPU was idle at 65°C which was abnormal for an RTX 3080ti. I started searching around and found a post where some recommended checking the Power Management Mode in the NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL. It was set to Prefer Maximum instead of Normal and after changing that, my temps went back to normal and OBS no longer gets dropped frames. All of my settings are still the same so it definitely was NOT my internet. I am still concerned about the fact that OBS is using 60% of my GPU and that is without a game even being opened.