UP Deck

Free UP Deck 2.1.19

MacTartan

There are plans to try and add a pop up interface from the desktop app to allow editing - it would definitely be quicker to set up and edit.

MacTartan

MacTartan updated UP Deck with a new update entry:

Bugfix, connectivity and drawing live

The setvar command had a bug that could stop a variable's new value being available immediately - fixed. You can now use a host name (instead of IP address) to connect to the desktop app and control things remotely over the internet. Drawing live now has some extra configurable options and custom actions available to make it easier to use while streaming live.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Leffi

Hi, after Win10 winter update I can not run updeck desktop app ... Is there any way to fix it? Administrator's rights do not work, reinstallation too. Thank you in advance for your help

MacTartan

Hi, after Win10 winter update I can not run updeck desktop app ... Is there any way to fix it? Administrator's rights do not work, reinstallation too. Thank you in advance for your help
I'll try updating my machine and check it out..

MacTartan

MacTartan updated UP Deck with a new update entry:

Lua script update to 2.0.2

You can now set cropping with the 'position' and 'animate' commands;
https://8up.uk/docs/Positioning_resizing_rotating_objects
https://8up.uk/docs/Animating_objects___moving_resizing_rotating

Adding an extra 'group=' parameter to commands should let you manipulate objects inside groups. Everything seems to work as expected except moving objects. Altering x/y co-ordinates doesn't work as expected when the object is grouped - will look for a fix!

Added 'media' command...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Danielgrec

I can't make it work. it says "connected" on top left button, i can start/stop a strean/rec but i can't switch scene or edit audio volumes.
can u help me?

dungi

Hey, will there be an optimization for iOS? I'm a Swift Developer and I can help you programmer an efficient and modern App for Up Deck if you want. Cause I want to use this more often on the go, but the UI isn't optimized for the newer iPhone and iPad and looks very old school

MacTartan

Hi, dungi. I'm not really sure what you mean - I've seen it running on the new devices and it looked ... the same! :)
OBS is a fantastic piece of software and choice is always great : you should definitely put your talents to good use and create a deck. UP Deck is definitely not perfect, but seems to be stable and working well for users so far.

MacTartan

Ah - ok! I haven't got around to looking at the X's safe area yet, as the deck is primarily aimed at tablets. I plan on using both sides of the screen with additional buttons, so it will be updated in a future release.

Buneduggy

I may be missing something but when I go to your download page for the Lua script it doesn't prompt me to "download" it just shows the script on the webpage? I can copy and paste the entire script but I am unsure what to do with it?
Sorry if I'm just not smart enough to figure it out.

Attachments

• screen1.JPG
    screen1.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 57

MacTartan

Hi, Buneduggy. You should be able to just select File -> Save from your browser window and save the file. Or you can usually right click on the link and there should be an option like 'Save link as...'

Hope this helps you get started!

Buneduggy

Hi, Buneduggy. You should be able to just select File -> Save from your browser window and save the file. Or you can usually right click on the link and there should be an option like 'Save link as...'

Hope this helps you get started!

Thank you for the reply. Yes I was able to download the file and get it into OBS. Sadly I can not get the ipad with the app running on it to connect. I have checked Port, password, and IP and all appear to be correct. I am using a windows 10 computer running the windows 1809 update software. As before, I'm sure I am missing something.

Last edited:

MacTartan

A few people didn't realise that you have to press the top left button in the deck to connect - could that be the missing link?
The button is red and is labeled 'OFFLINE'. It should change to amber when connecting and then to green.

Buneduggy

A few people didn't realise that you have to press the top left button in the deck to connect - could that be the missing link?
The button is red and is labeled 'OFFLINE'. It should change to amber when connecting and then to green.

I hit that button and it counts 1-5 then goes right back to offline. I appreciate your replies and help. Its great to see the developer stay engaged with the app.