nd4ios

Unable to Launch OBS at all due to the program not being able to create any required files apparently, I had to manually create the folders it was requesting but now I'm stuck at Failed to open global.ini: -1 then closing that error pops up Failed to initialize global config

Help, this is probably not the only file its not able to find/create, once this file is created or modified then it'll probably ask for more. Any Ideas as to what to do to fix this please thanks

itst

It should not ask you to create folders or files. How did you install OBS?

On a Mac, you download the .dmg-file, open it and then drag the program icon to the applications folder. That‘s it.

nd4ios

It should not ask you to create folders or files. How did you install OBS?

On a Mac, you download the .dmg-file, open it and then drag the program icon to the applications folder. That‘s it.
i did it that way ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling etc... also my mac is an apple silicon mac and when i launch obs it says it cant access said files because the folders and files it is saying it cant launch are non existent, i even checked the installer file and the installer file does not have any of those files that are needed. I see i forgot to mention im running it on an arm Mac OS computer

nd4ios

These are the 3 notifs after creating the required folders i get when i launch OBS

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 4.12.44 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 4.12.44 PM.png
    198.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 4.13.42 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 4.13.42 PM.png
    798.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 4.14.10 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 4.14.10 PM.png
    322 KB · Views: 47

RustyPeterson7

I cannot even get OBS go open up. It just goes to not responding. I am running a 2023 Macmini and Mac OS Ventura 13.4 - this is M2 Pro CPU - Apple. Any suggestions?

nd4ios

Still not working same issue here must be something wrong with the installer or the program is missing certain files or it is not asking for required permissions and unable to create certain files thus making the app unlaunchable and unusable

nd4ios

reinstall obs
yep this is what happened, i deleted it from my system for several months then since i saw that the latest update was from june so i downloaded it and still gives me the same error. doesnt matter how many times i uninstall and reinstall it seems as it just sticks to the exact same issue (ive unistalled and reinstalled several times before, i even looked at the installers package contents and i do not see any global.ini files there either, so its either missing files, or unable to create required files, or some program that creates the required files is either missing, not called, or a bug/typo in that code that doesnt even let it run.

jeanpaultru

This is crazy I have an older Mac and OBS started acting up a few days ago when I deleted a scene. and died. Now nothing opens the application