Question / Help Unable to get quality stream

Vishalx3

I'm using i5 9400F and Galax 1650 super with 8gb ram and 240gb M,2 SSD. Whenever I try to stream, The quality of the video is not that great at 1080p and on 720p as well. I have tried all the setting but can't figure what's wrong with it. Here the sample video of stream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdetGcztfog
Can someone please help me. I tried bitrate 3500 to 6000 but the stream was pathetic. I tried with old games but quality is not great, Even when recording video is not that great.

Attachments

• 2020-02-05 17-15-32.txt
    10 KB · Views: 52

Narcogen

No output session in log.

Open OBS. Begin an output session (record or stream, whichever). Observe your issue. Close the output session. Upload the Current log from the Help menu without quitting OBS.

6000 with a Turing NVENC chip should be OK for 1080p60, but 8000 would be better. Even that will pixellate some under fast motion, depending on content.

koala

According to your log, your stream is as good as it can be. The game has relative high graphics complexity and is very fast paced, so this kind of pixelation is unavoidable. Additionally, you have a GTX 1650, which has a Pascal nvenc chip, so you cannot expect the high quality nvenc of the Turing chip as in RTX or GTX 1660. You can try to switching to x264 with faster, fast or medium preset, but this will drag your CPU down, so you might encounter lost frames and not so smooth gameplay.

If you want to record instead of stream, make sure you use the CQP rate control with a CQ value between 15-23 (lower values mean higher quality) and not CBR/VBR. In this case, the video quality will look much more to the original than any stream can be.