Trouble with Recording/Saving Multiple Audio Tracks - MacOS14

thedreamer33

Hello,

I would really appreciate any help I can get. I spent an entire day trying to figure this out on my own by watching Youtube videos/reading articles/and checking these forums, but nothing has worked for me so far.

I am using the latest OBS software (version 30), to record gameplay on my MacBook Pro M1 and I am trying to have the program record the game display screen/game sound separately from me speaking through an external mic. I would like these on separate tracks so that I can edit the game audio and my voice separately in Final Cut Pro. The issue is that every time I place my recorded video in Final Cut Pro, everything is on one .mp4 track and if I separate the audio, it just splits the game display from the audio of me speaking/the sound of the game (as one track).

I have changed my settings multiple times to match the settings of some others who have reported the same issue but found the solution, but again, these haven't worked form me. I am very new to OBS, so I am including a written break down (below) and attaching photos of what my current settings are. Can someone please take a look and tell what I need to change to get my desired audio experience?

Advance Audio Properties (for sources):
  • Mic (Fifine K690 Microphone) is set to 0.0dB/Mono/Monitor Off/ Track 3
  • MacOS Screen Capture (The Sims 4) – 0.0dB/Mono/Monitor Off/ Track 2
  • I do not want the Mic/Aux recording anything so I have turned it off (if this is incorrect please let me know!)
Preferences>Output>Advanced>Record
  • Recording Format: Mkv
  • Video Encoder: (use stream encoder)
  • Audio Encoder: Core Audio AAC
  • Audio Track: 2 and 3 are enabled
Preferences>Audio
  • Global Audio Devices: All settings are disabled besides Mic/Auxiliary Audio where I have my external mic selected.

My other quick question is whether anyone has used Final Cut Pro to edit a project with multiple audio tracks. I'm trying to see if I will need to use another editing software to edit the videos once I get these OBS issues out of the way.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-18 at 8.58.33 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-18 at 8.58.33 AM.png
    379.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2024-10-18 at 8.57.19 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-18 at 8.57.19 AM.png
    263.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2024-10-18 at 8.56.57 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-18 at 8.56.57 AM.png
    250.8 KB · Views: 2