Teleport

Teleport 0.7.1

Tuna

View attachment 84005

That's what I had on the video capture device settings (OBS is set to 60 FPS and so is the cam).

I am sure now that I am fighting with two separate issues here.

Issue 1: related to the Color Range setting
  • If I set Color Range to "Partial" instead, then the green transmission problem is fixed and I will always see the cam feed in the cases where the connection works at all (i.e. I don't have issue 2).
  • But that only seems to be a problem with initialization, not with "Full" not being supported in general, because as stated above I can get "Full" to work if I switch to "Partial" and back - and I can see the difference in color, so the "Full" setting is actually effective.
Issue 2: initial connection for the filter teleport only works every 2nd time
In my test setup I have one sender OBS on the gaming PC and two receiver OBS instances on the streaming PC. The sender is transmitting a full Teleport stream as configured from Tools -> Teleport (called "Base") and another separate stream only for the cam capture device (called "Face Cam") by using the Audio/Video Teleport filter on this device. The two receivers receive both the "Base" and "Face Cam" streams as separate sources each. I leave the cam setting set to "Partial" for the sake of these tests so that I don't additionally run into issue 1.

In my earlier post I misinterpreted this issue to be related to the starting order of sender and receiver, but that was only a coincidence because I switched between both tests. After doing more tests I am sure the real problem is that it works on the sender side only after every 2nd OBS start.

The "Base" feed always works for both receiver instances every single time. But the "Face Cam" feed doesn't transmit anything to both receivers. Then I restart the sender and I also get the "Face Cam" feed on both receivers. Restart again, no "Face Cam" feed, restart again, feed is back, you get it, I tried 10 times to be really sure and it's consistent.

If I do the test with only receiver 1 I get the same behavior. And the part why I am sure that it's coming from the sender: if I only test with receiver 1 and e.g. it's working this time, then if I additionally start receiver 2 it will also get the feed. If I only test with receiver 1 and it's not working this time, then if I additionally start receiver 2 it will also not get the feed.

It's weird, maybe some clean-up is not performed by the filter at the end, then the next startup fails but some kind of error handler at least does the clean-up, so that the next start then succeeds again? All I can say is that it's not related to the network port. I set a fixed port for the filter and in both cases where the feed is transmitted and where it's not send I can see with netstat that OBS is indeed listening on that port (and stops listening as soon as OBS is shutdown).
Yes, that seem to be two different issues.

For 1. You have selected "any" for the format. Does the log say which one is chosen? Can you try to set them manually and check which ones do fail?

For 2. it sounds weird.. I guess it needs some investigation. Sounds like you have given a good reproduction scenario. I will look at it by chance, but may take some time as I have other things on my plate currently.

YorVeX

For 1. You have selected "any" for the format. Does the log say which one is chosen? Can you try to set them manually and check which ones do fail?
I am sure it chose "MJPEG", because if I select the other option "YUY2" the cam goes to 5 FPS in OBS (literally, you can not only see that it's laggy but also the "FPS" selection says "Match output FPS (autoselect: 5)"). I will leave it set to MJPEG now.

Also the other two options don't change anything about this issue (Color Space 601 vs. 709 or Buffering Enabled vs. Disable) - as long as Color Range is set to Full I only get the green feed (but fixable by switching to Partial and back) and if it's set to Partial right from the start then it works immediately (but I need the Full setting) regardless of what all the other options are set to.
For 2. it sounds weird.. I guess it needs some investigation. Sounds like you have given a good reproduction scenario. I will look at it by chance, but may take some time as I have other things on my plate currently.
Sure, thanks for putting your time and effort into this plug-in! Let me know when I can do something to help with debugging it, like sending logs or trying out debug versions of the plug-in.

Winaris

Hello. i would like to ask. i recently setup obs teleport. to send my main pc screen to my laptop. but both of them are wired. and yet i somehow get delay. could you please help me out?
just to clarify i have a 1gb up and down.. i would assume its my laptops network card,

Winaris

Yeah i have this issue too. i don't know what it could be. i have a 1 gig up and down. both ethernet wired..
So I have the same problem using this plugin that I'm having with NDI when using 27.2.4 or any version higher than 27.1.3.
I have a 2 PC setup, the Gaming PC has a Ryzen 7 5800x3D, 32GB DDR-4 3200Mhz RAM, and a Nvidia RTX 2080TI, it's on Windows 11.
The Encoding PC has a Ryzen 9 3950x, 32GB DDR-4 3200Mhz RAM, and a Nvidia GTX 1050TI it's on Windows 10.
Both OS's are the Pro version of Windows 10 if that means anything.

When I'm trying to record to the Encoding PC using the default settings at quality 90 my Gaming PC gets a ton of encoding lag, which doesn't make sense to me as it's not supposed to be encoding, if I drop OBS back to version 27.1.3 this doesn't happen, however the playback of the recording doesn't look like it's doing 60FPS. The same thing happens with NDI only neither OBS reports dropped frames/render lag/encoding lag, but it's definitely choppy as hell.

I am running both OBS version's as Admin, and I have Game Mode enabled on both PC's, I'm sending the signal through a 1Gbps router and both are hardwired directly into it. If needed I can make/post some clips, just curious if anyone else is having this issue, haven't been able to record/stream via 2 PC since AV1 was implemented in OBS, already went through the Discord but they said it's not OBS it's NDI, have a feeling they'd say the same about Teleport as well. Just curious if anyone else has run into similar issues and looking for the correct place to work with someone on them. Thanks!

YorVeX

Do any of you guys with encoding lag use the Teleport filter on a source or just the base stream activated from the Tools menu? When I activate the base stream my render time goes up from 1.5 to 2 ms which I think is OK, but when I activate the Teleport filter on the cam source in addition it goes to 6 ms or higher and I start to drop frames due to encoding lag. Something really is wrong with that filter.

If I disable the base stream and only have the cam Teleport filter active rendering time is at 5 ms, so it's really that filter causing the bad performance for me. I guess I will once more try to run the cam through a separate OBS instance where I can use the base feed for it, which also solves my "Color Range" issue.

Tuna

Do any of you guys with encoding lag use the Teleport filter on a source or just the base stream activated from the Tools menu? When I activate the base stream my render time goes up from 1.5 to 2 ms which I think is OK, but when I activate the Teleport filter on the cam source in addition it goes to 6 ms or higher and I start to drop frames due to encoding lag. Something really is wrong with that filter.

If I disable the base stream and only have the cam Teleport filter active rendering time is at 5 ms, so it's really that filter causing the bad performance for me. I guess I will once more try to run the cam through a separate OBS instance where I can use the base feed for it, which also solves my "Color Range" issue.
The filter may do some clumsy color conversion. I think that may be the only step that is synchronous to the filter call, so a slight delay may be added here. But also I'm not sure whether the output module code path is calculated to the render delay time. So it may just appear that it is faster, but takes the same amount of time, but it is not exposed on these numbers.

YorVeX

The filter may do some clumsy color conversion. I think that may be the only step that is synchronous to the filter call, so a slight delay may be added here. But also I'm not sure whether the output module code path is calculated to the render delay time. So it may just appear that it is faster, but takes the same amount of time, but it is not exposed on these numbers.
For now I can only tell that as expected render time is absolutely fine since the cam source is in a separate OBS instance outputting a separate base feed instead of using a filter Teleport feed.

But well, if it's just the numbers not representing it correctly under certain circumstances that would be bad for me, because that's one of the metrics I am using to keep an eye on any major performance drops when doing any changes to my setup. If this turns out not to be even reliable there is not much for me to work with except overall CPU usage, which is not ideal since it factors in other things that might have nothing to do with the OBS configuration.

YorVeX

By the way, would you mind putting up a guide somewhere on how to compile Go OBS plug-ins in general or at least Teleport specifically? For me personally Windows would be important ;-)

YorVeX

Uhm, is that a problem with Teleport or OBS itself?
I am sending a Teleport audio only stream and on the receiver side the Teleport source has an audio "Sync Offset" configured to it. With this offset everything is in sync just fine. Now I restart the sender OBS, the Teleport stream is automatically re-established, but now it's out of sync, I can clearly tell that this is because on the receiving OBS the Sync Offset is not applied. If I then open the GUI and just tick the sync offset 1 ms up or down it is reapplied and everything is in sync again.

It reminds me a bit of this.

Tuna

For now I can only tell that as expected render time is absolutely fine since the cam source is in a separate OBS instance outputting a separate base feed instead of using a filter Teleport feed.

But well, if it's just the numbers not representing it correctly under certain circumstances that would be bad for me, because that's one of the metrics I am using to keep an eye on any major performance drops when doing any changes to my setup. If this turns out not to be even reliable there is not much for me to work with except overall CPU usage, which is not ideal since it factors in other things that might have nothing to do with the OBS configuration.
I have no idea what OBS does. It is just that the numbers are labeled "render time" and an output module is not strictly part of OBS's rendering. A filter on the other hand is directly part of the rendering process.

Last edited:

Tuna

By the way, would you mind putting up a guide somewhere on how to compile Go OBS plug-ins in general or at least Teleport specifically? For me personally Windows would be important ;-)
TL;DR is that you need to build a shared library with Go and link libjpeg or libjpeg turbo to it. I won't make a guide. There are too many ways to build things, and it can be be quite complex.

MINwaws

Hello im an average streamer with 2 laptops but i cant use it does it work when two are different windows the other one is windows 11 and other is windows 10 the windows 11 cant receive windows 10 but windows 10 can receive windows 11 but when it receives it does not show anything

OcirisUchiha

so im having an issue where the pc im trying to stream from is not able to find my gaming pc that i am trying to transmit. It only finds itself in the list even after i refresh it. am i missing something?

Tuna

so im having an issue where the pc im trying to stream from is not able to find my gaming pc that i am trying to transmit. It only finds itself in the list even after i refresh it. am i missing something?
Impossible to tell without knowing your network. The machines must be in the same Multicast segment.

Tuna

Hello im an average streamer with 2 laptops but i cant use it does it work when two are different windows the other one is windows 11 and other is windows 10 the windows 11 cant receive windows 10 but windows 10 can receive windows 11 but when it receives it does not show anything
Check the Windows firewall I guess?

Warzy

Hello, I have an M1 version of OBS, once Teleport is installed OBS does not open anymore. Is Teleport compatible for an M1 version?

Tuna

Hello, I have an M1 version of OBS, once Teleport is installed OBS does not open anymore. Is Teleport compatible for an M1 version?
Teleport has M1 support. However OBS M1 support itself is not even in beta. We have seen it break before. Feel free to investigate..