Teleport

Teleport 0.7.1

Commander Jao

I'm having trouble with a teleport source not having the audio from the Game PC not being sent to the stream. The Audio is turning up in the Stream PC, I can see the bar moving, it just isn't being seen correctly in OBS to send it up to the stream.
The work around I'm doing is setting it to monitor so that it can be sent to stream. So the Audio is coming across properly
As Far as I can tell all the audio tracks are set up correctly.
does anyone know how to fix it?
I've attached my most recent log, screen shot showing the audio coming in, and image of the advanced audio setting panel.

https://obsproject.com/logs/SXslZpMBraKFULFj

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-25 000132.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-25 000132.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot 2023-02-24 235444.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-02-24 235444.jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 127

Tuna

hello guys and hello tuna! I've swapped from ndi to teleport for my production (two pc setup) and its amazing (motion side). When ndi have a micro stuttering teleport goes absolutely smooth. I have right now only one little problem and i want to know if its possible a solution. When the teleport stream is starting everything is going well but after some time it lost half a second every 30 mins approx and it goes later compared to source. how can i fix it? Thanks a lot
I think this is just how OBS works internally. I know no way around that. Hide the source until the audio meter in the mixer gets removed and show the Teleport source again and the latency should be back to normal again.
Teleport itself does not do anything special when you hide/show it.

Tuna

I'm having trouble with a teleport source not having the audio from the Game PC not being sent to the stream. The Audio is turning up in the Stream PC, I can see the bar moving, it just isn't being seen correctly in OBS to send it up to the stream.
The work around I'm doing is setting it to monitor so that it can be sent to stream. So the Audio is coming across properly
As Far as I can tell all the audio tracks are set up correctly.
does anyone know how to fix it?
I've attached my most recent log, screen shot showing the audio coming in, and image of the advanced audio setting panel.

https://obsproject.com/logs/SXslZpMBraKFULFj

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide
If it shows up in the mixer I have no idea what else Teleport can do here..

r3dd3vil

I think this is just how OBS works internally. I know no way around that. Hide the source until the audio meter in the mixer gets removed and show the Teleport source again and the latency should be back to normal again.
Teleport itself does not do anything special when you hide/show it.
you mean to do the trick from the sender pc or from the receiver? Btw i'll try that and let you know, thanks!

Horrux

Hello, I am switching over to a 2-PC streaming setup. For reasons, I must use Linux on the streaming PC, but for all I've been wanting to get into Linux, I know nothing about it.

So I installed Linux, installed OBS and now I have no idea how to install this teleport plugin! Can somebody please baby talk me through that? I really want to get my streaming going...

Tuna

Hello, I am switching over to a 2-PC streaming setup. For reasons, I must use Linux on the streaming PC, but for all I've been wanting to get into Linux, I know nothing about it.

So I installed Linux, installed OBS and now I have no idea how to install this teleport plugin! Can somebody please baby talk me through that? I really want to get my streaming going...
Depends how you have installed OBS. There is a "install.sh" in the directory of the plugin for your platform. You can execute it with "sh install.sh" from a terminal.

It should work for all installs except Flatpak. For Flatpak I actually have no idea.

Horrux

Depends how you have installed OBS. There is a "install.sh" in the directory of the plugin for your platform. You can execute it with "sh install.sh" from a terminal.

It should work for all installs except Flatpak. For Flatpak I actually have no idea.
Thank you!
I guess I have to "sh /doc/download/teleportfolder/install.sh" with the full path?

So I did that and the system replied:
"Installing Teleport into ~/.config/obs-studio/plugins/obs-teleport/bin/64bit/obs-teleport.so"

But launching OBS there is no "teleport" in the "tools" menu. That's where it should be, right?

Tuna

Thank you!
I guess I have to "sh /doc/download/teleportfolder/install.sh" with the full path?

"Installing Teleport into ~/.config/obs-studio/plugins/obs-teleport/bin/64bit/obs-teleport.so"

But launching OBS there is no "teleport" in the "tools" menu. That's where it should be, right?
A relative path should work too (can't rember though if I'm lying). But yes.. wherever you have downloaded it. Most likely you want the linux_x86_64 one.

Horrux

A relative path should work too (can't rember though if I'm lying). But yes.. wherever you have downloaded it. Most likely you want the linux_x86_64 one.

YorVeX

Path looks right to me (just recently learned to install OBS plugins for Linux myself), but maybe there is a reason why the plugin cannot be loaded. Check the current log (OBS Main Menu -> Help -> Log FIles -> View Current Log or use "Show Log Files" to open the folder they are in and open the latest with your favorite text editor) for any messages that tell you why it couldn't be loaded. Permission problem, glibc version..., you should at least find a hint there.

Horrux

Path looks right to me (just recently learned to install OBS plugins for Linux myself), but maybe there is a reason why the plugin cannot be loaded. Check the current log (OBS Main Menu -> Help -> Log FIles -> View Current Log or use "Show Log Files" to open the folder they are in and open the latest with your favorite text editor) for any messages that tell you why it couldn't be loaded. Permission problem, glibc version..., you should at least find a hint there.
Thank you for this info. The log makes no mention of teleport at all... So it's not installed I guess... Sigh.

Horrux

Wow so I am freaking out right now... Nothing was working, so I reformatted my drives and reinstalled Linux Mint (latest version).

Then I ran the driver updater and updated my GeForce drivers;

Then I ran the Linux Mint auto-update;

Then I installed OBS 29 for Linux, and that worked fine;

Then I installed Teleport for OBS. It's very simple: in the console, I typed sh [path]/install.sh and the system responded with something like "Installed Lightning-OBS in [OBS/plugins/] directory.

Then upon firing up OBS, no sign of teleport whatsover.

Then I uninstalled OBS 29 and downloaded OBS 27 instead. Installed that, installed the Lightning plugin, and...

Now "Lightning" appears in the tools menu but when I click on that, the menu unveils "There are no parameters for this" or something like that. Well, the release notes say this version of Lightning requires version 28 or above.

So I go looking for OBS 28 for Linux and... I can't find it at all.

I'm going nuts here, please help!

Horrux

So it appears I can't edit my post... I had a brain fart, writing "Lightning" instead of "teleport". I apologize for the confusion, and here is the corrected version:

Wow so I am freaking out right now... Nothing was working, so I reformatted my drives and reinstalled Linux Mint (latest version).

Then I ran the driver updater and updated my GeForce drivers;

Then I ran the Linux Mint auto-update;

Then I installed OBS 29 for Linux, and that worked fine;

Then I installed Teleport for OBS. It's very simple: in the console, I typed sh [path]/install.sh and the system responded with something like "Installed Teleport-OBS in [OBS/plugins/] directory.

Then upon firing up OBS, no sign of teleport whatsover.

Then I uninstalled OBS 29 and downloaded OBS 27 instead. Installed that, installed the Teleport plugin, and...

Now "Teleport" appears in the tools menu but when I click on that, the menu unveils "There are no parameters for this" or something like that. Well, the release notes say this version of Teleport requires version 28 or above.

So I go looking for OBS 28 for Linux and... I can't find it at all.

I'm going nuts here, please help!

Tuna

v27 for sure won't do with the latest version. But you should post an OBS log so people can see what you have. It could be the Snap version of OBS too, which probably comes with its own directory for plugins I guess..

Last edited:

r3dd3vil

Hello again, i'm trying to install teleport to my macbook air m1. I've installed the latest obs 29 and then installed the teleport plugin via install.command of the macos folder. After that obs is not working anymore. It dont start at all. Have i done something wrong?

SleepyShaman

Hi. I'm using Teleport to capture gameplay running on my gaming PC, which also has music and my mic going into OBS.
On my stream PC I have all the scenes and a webcam running in OBS.
How can I sync my webcam with the gameplay audio and mic audio that is coming from the gaming PC with my webcam on the streaming PC?