Question / Help Technical/Setting Difficulties Involving Framerate and Video Quality

DoomRPG

Anyhow for a bit of background, I've been trying to use OBS to make youtube videos again. I discovered that OBS was causing my computer to either blue screen of death. Or black screen of death, followed by restart under both scenarios. (I tested four times. Three Black screens, one blue screen.)

I read up, and apparently it had something to do with OBS updating improperly from one version to the next. So I decided to uninstall, reinstall, and that fixed the crashing problem.

However now I can't figure out how to both have high-ish quality videos. (In this case defined as 720p+ Without grainy/blurry/pixelated video.) And having massive, massive, lag.

I know I can have both, since I used to have both. It's a matter of setting and I have no idea how to fix the problem at this rate. I either have one or the other.

https://obsproject.com/logs/-JNqUUP5s6CeyUuh
These were log files where the problem was extreme lag.
https://obsproject.com/logs/M8ep3X2f1cd2pLAc
Log were I ended up having both.

Additionally something I did has broken OBS's ability to record sound/music.
because of course it did

These should be my log files.

koala

You have two different problems: system instability with blue screen and performance issues. Fix the system instability first.
A blue screen is the symptom of defective or incompatible hardware, or improper/outdated drivers. You cannot fix bluescreens by reinstalling the applications that suffer from this. Updating an application also cannot be the cause of a bluescreen.
Common hardware issues:
- overclocking
- overheating
- faulty memory or memory incompatible with the mainboard
- incompatibilities between mainboard and GPU
- defective power supply

DoomRPG

You have two different problems: system instability with blue screen and performance issues. Fix the system instability first.
A blue screen is the symptom of defective or incompatible hardware, or improper/outdated drivers. You cannot fix bluescreens by reinstalling the applications that suffer from this. Updating an application also cannot be the cause of a bluescreen.
Common hardware issues:
- overclocking
- overheating
- faulty memory or memory incompatible with the mainboard
- incompatibilities between mainboard and GPU
- defective power supply

The crashing issue was fixed. It no longer occurs

It was background, I basically fixed one problem and ended up spawning three more
So thanks for
A. Missing the point.
B. Doing nothing to actually help me.

DoomRPG

Probably coulda been less rude about my previous comment. Sorry bout that.

But yeah. That "system instability" you mentioned is already fixed.

DoomRPG

Posts like that make me want to stop trying to help people.
Yes. I'm aware I was an asshole, and I'm honestly sorry.

It is a personal flaw of mine I'm trying to work on.

However if you still wish to consider helping me. Then you should be aware that yes. The system instability is already fixed. I would like information detailing on how to best handle my settings. Since I know I can record high quality videos, as I've done it before.

Again, my apologies. It was my fault to be so rude, you had nothing to do with it.