Resource icon

TeamSpeak 3 Studio Plugin 1.3.0

kvN07

In itself, I find the plugin very good. But it can not be that if you switch the server or later starts ts3 the stream has to restart every time?

coRpSE

I did remove the overlay from my scenes, but I believe it was doing that before I deleted the scenes. But I have deleted the scenes and replaced the scenes so many times over the installs, I am unsure.

serkafox

Hello everyone. I have problem with Classic and Studio Plugin - CRASH everytime. Sometimes Studio starts normal, but on Exit - CRASH... please. help!
ScreenShot001.jpg

Attachments

• Log.txt
    79.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Classic version will crash all the time due to a security update with the TS3 client query plugin that I don't really feel inclined to fix.

Studio may or may not crash, depending how lucky you are. I'm not 100% on what is causing the issue but I'm fairly sure the plugin needs a substantial rewrite to fix it, which I need to find some time to do and I haven't yet. If it crashes on exit, I'm not worried right now (you closing it anyway).

serkafox

Classic version will crash all the time due to a security update with the TS3 client query plugin that I don't really feel inclined to fix.

Studio may or may not crash, depending how lucky you are. I'm not 100% on what is causing the issue but I'm fairly sure the plugin needs a substantial rewrite to fix it, which I need to find some time to do and I haven't yet. If it crashes on exit, I'm not worried right now (you closing it anyway).
Thank you any way... Its good plugin and i continue use him. Ofcourse, if you find time, please, try fix. If need some help - write us.

dario03

Does using multiple or virtual sound devices cause issues with the plugin?
Before having extra sound devices I had issues with obs crashing when I would start recording. But I managed to get it working after redoing it a few times and always turning the sources off and on before using, also changed the recording hdd if that mattered.
But now that I have some extra sound devices the plugin works during preview but as soon as I start recording it doesn't work. No crash, plugin still shows the box in the preview but looks like it locks up and just keeps showing whatever it was showing before. So whoever was talking will be on the screen forever and no new talkers show.

Figured I would ask before redoing all my stuff since like I said I had issues before so not sure if it is actually related to the extra devices or not.

@coRpSE @elRazor

adocilesloth updated TeamSpeak 3 Studio Plugin with a new update entry:

Major Rewrite

I've basically gone back and rewritten the entire plugin. The way things work behind the scenes is different and there are some UI changes. The "Show" buttons don't do anything as I can't work out how to make them work.

The IP address, API Key, Unique ID, Prefix/Suffix options, Mute and Deafen option and "Change all Server" options are now found under Tools->TeamSpeak 3 Settings
35151033273_c03661846e_o.png

The Settings for the overlay are...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

coRpSE

@adocilesloth

I tested this and had a few issues and things I found.
  1. On OBS, when you click Tools->TeamSpeak 3 Settings, for the Modifier, you may want to inform people it can not be more than 6 characters and can not put a space in it. I have tested multiple different ways to add a couple of spaces between the word *LIVE* and my name with no success.
  2. Typo, it's seen in your "properties" screenshot on the main page, ( https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/teamspeak-3-studio-plugin.448/ ), "hide names afterb (ms)".
  3. Cannot get the names to appear and show who is talking. (Only tested it with just me in the room and yes, I had the "hide my own name" unchecked.). Will test this one more, but I mostly just wanted the modifier to change on my TS3 the most and that works, just wish I could add a couple of spaces.
That's it so far. i will continue to try getting the overlay to work, so we will see.

Thanks for your feedback :)

1. That's odd. I haven't put any limits on how long it can be. If you want a space, try \s or \\s (one of those should work). I'll try to get it to work with spaces in the future.

2. I can never do anything with words that doesn't have a typo somewhere. Thanks.

3. I just tried it an am seeing the same thing. I'll look into it at some point.

coRpSE

@adocilesloth

LOL, Don't feel bad, I do web based scripting and I get busted all the time for my typo's inside my language files. And, no problem on the feedback.

I have tested both \s and \\s and neither work, it just crashes OBS. It will work once I just put it back to just *LIVE*. But I have also tried just \sLIVE and it puts in the space. It just seems that its acting like there is a character limit and anything over 6 characters in that input will cause OBS to crash.

Last edited:
I have tested both \s and \\s and neither work, it just crashes OBS. It will work once I just put it back to just *LIVE*. But I have also tried just \sLIVE and it puts in the space. It just seems that its acting like there is a character limit and anything over 6 characters in that input will cause OBS to crash.

TS3 has a 30 character limit for name length (although I doubt many people use names that long). How many characters long is your name in TS without *LIVE*?

coRpSE

well, my TS3 name is only 6, characters, and the way I was trying to do it with the spaces and the *LIVE* would only be a total of 14 characters,
ex. coRpSE *LIVE*
well below the 30 character limit.

adocilesloth updated TeamSpeak 3 Studio Plugin with a new update entry:

Fixed a typo

Personally, I considered it to be a feature demonstrating the fallibility of man. An expression if my innate, and perfectly natural, inability to be perfect. Alas, others disagreed so I fixed it and dedicated an entire update to rectifying the error. Curiously, it's fixing the label for a feature that is still unimplemented. Take that as you will.

Read the rest of this update entry...

dario03

Works better now, doesn't crash. However seems to only work with one TS channel. If I open extra tabs to be on multiple servers it won't work on the others. When switching it takes about 15 seconds to update the names, and it won't light up when I or others speak. It does sometimes light up but I'm not sure if its a big delay (couple of minutes) from when I or others talked or just random.
Any settings I could try to fix this?

lordsofgaming

I have an issue that when i install the plugin it makes all sounds have an occasional crackling noise happen and the crackling loudness is proportional to the sound that's being played such as a song, i uninstalled it and my audio is just fine. so i have no clue whats doing it with the plugin but id rather change my name every stream than listen to crackling.

I have an issue that when i install the plugin it makes all sounds have an occasional crackling noise happen and the crackling loudness is proportional to the sound that's being played such as a song, i uninstalled it and my audio is just fine. so i have no clue whats doing it with the plugin but id rather change my name every stream than listen to crackling.

The plugin doesn't touch anything audio so I have no idea why it would do that. Sorry :(